• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Automotive things going-on

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I would think they should route the stops to unload the bottom, so they can lower the top, and reduce the height, or, if they all go to the same place, unload the bottom first, One of the few things I've never hauled, was cars, so I don't know much about it other then I hear you get paid big bucks, when loaded, but nothing when empty, and every driver I talked to liked it.

Mr. Daystar

I saw that. Just goes to show, if they want it, they'll get it, even if they have to shoot you in the head, and yank you out of it.

Mr. Daystar

Mr. Daystar

The problem with both is,....
#1) It seems to give some people a feeling of invincibility, and they end up getting in trouble, because they think they can drive like it's summer, and they still need to be cautious
#2) If something goes wrong, you can count on spending THOUSANDS to get stuff fixed.
#3) Some guys think that because they have a 4x4, they can just go ape shit over rocks and rough terrain, when in fact they need to be careful, unless they go to a shop and get about $25k in upgrades to make it off road racing tough.

I have a 4x4 Chevy, and I rarely use 4x4 mode, but it's nice to have, and I can put it on "AUTO" if the wife is driving it, so it makes it easier for her.

Sweet! A history of the Shelby Super Snakes! Apparently they now have a Speedster version:

1967 Shelby Super Snake - 520 Horsepower
2007-2014 Shelby Super Snake - 500‒1,200 Horsepower (!!)
2015-2017 Shelby Super Snake - 670‒750 Horsepower
2018-2020 Shelby Super Snake - 400‒825 Horsepower
2021-Present Shelby Super Snake - 400‒825 Horsepower

Super Snake-1-Speedster-crpd.JPG

Super Snake-1b-Speedster-crpd.JPG

https://www.motortrend.com/features/shelby-super-snake?slide=9

Well old American Muscle, you actually can work on, if you have a decent set of tools, because it doesn't hook up to a computer, but I'm not sure about foreign classics.
With ya there Daystar. I recently acquired a 1950 Ford Custom Deluxe. Running with Original Paint and Glass! Someone put a 260ci V8 in her. Dumb but I can live with it, temporarily. Thx for the thread to share

Sweet! A history of the Shelby Super Snakes! Apparently they now have a Speedster version:

1967 Shelby Super Snake - 520 Horsepower
2007-2014 Shelby Super Snake - 500‒1,200 Horsepower (!!)
2015-2017 Shelby Super Snake - 670‒750 Horsepower
2018-2020 Shelby Super Snake - 400‒825 Horsepower
2021-Present Shelby Super Snake - 400‒825 Horsepower

View attachment 1054492

View attachment 1054493

https://www.motortrend.com/features/shelby-super-snake?slide=9
Didn't the original Shelby have the 429 Super Cobra Jet? Could be wrong. 429 SCJ was a beast!

Mr. Daystar

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/396-el-camino-c-selling-143030401.html

I really like the older El Camino's. This looks like a nice ride. My boss had a '69 I think, and it was a 1 of 1 for that year. It had an L88 engine in it I think. He sold it, and when I asked him why he would do that, he said everything has a price. That means he got a shitload of cash for it. The only other car besides the Chevelle, that looks good in red.

"Didn't the original Shelby have the 429 Super Cobra Jet? Could be wrong. 429 SCJ was a beast!"

Per Wikipedia: The GT500 was added to the lineup, equipped with a "Ford Cobra" FE Series 428 cu in (7.0 L) V8 engine with two 600 CFM Holley four-barrel carburetors sitting atop a mid-rise aluminum intake manifold.

NOTE: My thread was on the Shelby Super Snake; different model than the GT500.

Mr. Daystar

It's close to my bed-time, so I just watched the last 4:00 or so. But this car is SICK. EVERY time he gets into the throttle, you see the rear end dip, and the front tires get SUPER light!

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/jay-leno-thinks-dodge-demon-213055185.html
I just watched a little too, and you see it want to pull the wheels up, I'm surprised they don't offer a wheelie bar option. That's a lot of car. I don't think I would want to get into that, unless I had some training. That's an expensive car to wrap around a pole, just because you think you're better then you are. In fact, just for the sake of safety, it should probably be mandatory for anyone to have 5 or 6 hundred horse power, to take classes, even if it's just going to site in a garage nicer then my house, until it appreciates.

Mr. Daystar

Very nice, and I love the color.

As a Motor Trend subscriber, I get (daily?) e-mails from Hot Rog magazine. There are typically four to eight articles in each e-mail. That's where I've gotten a lot of my info. from, for recent postings. Here is one I found interesting, regarding the Mach-e Mustang: "The package is designed exclusively for the 2021-2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT trim and has an MSRP of 24,000 Euros (approximately $26,500) not counting the price of the base vehicle." Surprising: the cost is for PURELY cosmetic changes (some carbon fiber panels)!

Shelby-Mustang-Mach-E-GT-3-crpd.JPG

https://www.motortrend.com/news/she...ium=email&utm_campaign=print&lid=4g1jplr4rnnu