• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Automotive icon, Carroll Shelby, dies at 89

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
IMO, Enzo Ferrari, Henry Ford, Ferdinand Porsche and Carroll Shelby were the most iconic, if not most important people, in the automotive industry in the 20th Century. And on May 10, the last of that group passed on.

R.I.P. Carroll Shelby. :hatsoff:

bilde

Auto industry legend Carroll Shelby, father of Cobra, dies at 89

DALLAS — Carroll Shelby, the legendary auto racer and car designer who built the fabled Shelby Cobra sports car and injected testosterone into Ford’s Mustang and Chrysler’s Viper, has died. He was 89.

Shelby’s company, Carroll Shelby International, said Friday that Shelby died a day earlier at a Dallas hospital.

Edsel Ford II, Ford board member and great grandson of Henry Ford, said Shelby was an important part of the company's story.

“Today, we have lost a legend in Ford Motor Company’s history, and my family and I have lost a dear friend,” Ford said.

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
The man was a legend, I have yet to see a creation of his that could be classified as even remotely close to ugly or a failure.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
89? That's not bad.

May The Legend Rest In Peace.

georges

Staff member
rip to one of the most fantastic persons in the automotive industry

bahodeme

Closed Account
The man was a legend, I have yet to see a creation of his that could be classified as even remotely close to ugly or a failure.
I'll admit he did not have a lot to work with....
dodge-shelby-charger-02.jpg