• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Auto industry, seeing new life, is on hiring spree

I'm not asking him to be the same, and I like him, too.

I know you weren't...and I can tell you do like him by your exchanges.

Funny thing. Just got a not from my older sister. She was a loyal Saturn owner for years and years. Her Vue finally died - she replaced it with a Subaru. Not sure where those are made.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Funny thing. Just got a not from my older sister. She was a loyal Saturn owner for years and years. Her Vue finally died - she replaced it with a Subaru. Not sure where those are made.

I have a Subaru as my daily driver. If it was a girl, I'd marry it. :) It's the best car (performance, quality, price, longevity, etc.) that I have ever owned - bar none. Most are made in Japan, but I believe the Tribeca, Outback and Baja are built at the Lafayette, IN plant... where Toyota is/will be assembling cars. The Impreza/WRX/STI are made in Japan and exported. The other models I don't know much about.

So what kind of Subie does your sister have? Does she like it or does she love it? :lovecoupl

P.S. Just as a point of interest: at one time GM owned about 20% of Subaru/Fuji Heavy Industries. But most of that interest was sold to Toyota several years ago - around 2006-07 maybe.

I have a Subaru as my daily driver. If it was a girl, I'd marry it. :) It's the best car (performance, quality, price, longevity, etc.) that I have ever owned - bar none. Most are made in Japan, but I believe the Tribeca, Outback and Baja are built at the Lafayette, IN plant... where Toyota is/will be assembling cars. The Impreza/WRX/STI are made in Japan and exported. The other models I don't know much about.

So what kind of Subie does your sister have? Does she like it or does she love it? :lovecoupl

P.S. Just as a point of interest: at one time GM owned about 20% of Subaru/Fuji Heavy Industries. But most of that interest was sold to Toyota several years ago - around 2006-07 maybe.

She loves it, but I don't know what kind. I will find out.

I'm a sentimentalist, so I tend to buy American. I had a Maxima for 6 months and liked it, though.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I'm a sentimentalist, so I tend to buy American. I had a Maxima for 6 months and liked it, though.

I'd like to. I'd especially like to buy a Ford at some point. I'm a huge Mulally fan. But when I bought my WRX there was no American car that really compared to it, especially for the price and quality. I needed an AWD because of my unpredictable travel schedule and I loved the idea of being able to (safely) mod the car to about 300 hp... out of a 2.0 liter engine! :eek:

I was really hoping that Ford would hold onto Volvo and create an up market sporty Volvo AWD turbo hatch & sedan (like the STI) and off the same platform, make a mid market hatch & sedan as a Ford Focus (like the WRX and SPT). But now Volvo is owned by the Chinese and I'll never buy one, even if they did make a good WRX competitor. I'm not a bigot against the Chinese or anything, but I don't buy from those who would put me in the unemployment line.