• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Ask an American...

Our roads are also full of SUVs and British semis are way heavier than standard U.S ones (36 tonnes vs our 44). I wonder if it has something to do with the cars themselves, Europe does produce some of the safest cars in the world, Volvo, Renault etc.

But I also wonder if it's to do with driving ability, from what I've seen American drivers seem to get very little training before being handed a licence. Thoughts? :wave2:

That's about twice as much as the British average. It's a lot, but means the road death rate is still at least twice that of Britain on a mileage basis. I wonder why there are so many fatals? :wave2:

Without looking it up, I would guess that we have a lot more drunk driving than western Europe does.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
But I also wonder if it's to do with driving ability, from what I've seen American drivers seem to get very little training before being handed a licence. Thoughts? :wave2:

That's a valid point,and I also think that there's a direct relationship between how,because of advances in technology,cars are easier to drive,and how bad the drivers are.They don't fully realize how hard real driving is,and it's almost as though they've been lulled into thinking it's a cakewalk when it really isn't.

I wonder how many people in the USA even realize that not every car has ABS,or how many can even drive a manual transmission?They rely too much on the vehicle,and not enough on the brain,and pay the price.

For example:The people that keep driving in inclement weather as though it's a perfect day.They'll tool along in a snowstorm in their SUV as though there's nary a cloud in the sky.I've seen it happen too many times to count.

IMO,no one should be legally able to drive in the U.S.unless they can prove they can drive a stick-shift in the rain,with manual brakes and steering,and correctly react when they go into a skid.

It'll never happen of course,but I can dream,right?

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
What is Labor Day about, and why shouldn't you wear white afterwards? :wave2:

Labor Day was made up by the mafia. You can't wear white afterwards because blood shows up too well. Anything else?

Money: do you like notes (bills) or would you prefer more coins for the larger amounts? :wave2:

I will ask a fellow American something...My fellow American--what is the proper fixture for an ice cream cone--jimmies or sprinkles?

What's the deal with emergency vehicles? Some have red lights, some have blue, and others have both. Why is there no national standard, and which do you prefer? :wave2:

IVE GOT A FUCKING QUESTION!!!!!!! Im english, not british, because if i was british it would mean i lived in england, scotland, wales and ireland (a big mistake you guys make when referring to your brothers across the water)...but anyway (lol)........

In england we have women that are called "chavs".....this basically means, they use excessive amounts of makeup, false nails, slutty cloths and a lot of jewelry. Basically total sluts......But hey im not afraid to admit i like there style!!!!! My question is this...... Is there a term used in america to describe women like this in your country, you know, its chav in england.....what is it in the USA????????

serious answers only

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s.....thanks in advance

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Why do you spell it color, honor, valor etc and not colour?

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
Why do you spell it color, honor, valor etc and not colour?

Because we're lazy. I mean, just look at how many people are too lazy to type "be right back" and use "BRB". Or, G2G, LOL, C U L8R or 2nite. It's because we're too lazy to spell things out.