• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Are you worried about the economy?

Are you worried about the economy?

• Total voters

SimonMK

Closed Account
I am not worried because I never understood how economy works and I have more things to worry about now.

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
Well that's the problem. Worry....
And that's what all those morons in the stock-market have a problem with.
Why is that portion of the economy emotionally based or reactionary.
It should be factual based, not emotional. That is a major problem. :2 cents:

I am very worried because I feel like a major stock market crash is just around the corner. I think a 600-800 pt "correction" is going to hit us anyday now.

The most fundamental failure of George Bush's administration is to stubbornly cling to "tax cuts" and deliver them, and then take us into two wars that would last the rest of his administration. Can anyone name a single war we took part in under an economic strategy of tax cuts and deficit spending?

People read about Cheney's connection to Haliburton, about all the congressmen and W.'s handpicked Administrators who leave public service for large paychecks in the very private sectors that they worked in on behalf of "We, the people." People see W.'s own press secretary admit that he can't afford to earn his paycheck. They read about W. licking his lips over the forthcoming "speech" fees he feels he's going to earn on the "rubber chicken/backslap" circuit. It's a corporate, political and cultural tenor of "I'm just here until I can 'get mine'" is what we have, in effect, created.

And they get angry.

They feel defeated before every workday, in their cubicle, and they take out their frustrations ON THEIR EMPLOYER who then looks to either "the Government" for help, to cover "corporate strategies that fail in the marketplace" or simply look to prolong accountability and responsibility of any kind, until the next person shows up.

Our infrastructure is crumbling. Nobody wants to manage their own lives. They want to pay people cheaply to do the "cooking/cleaning/gardening/parenting" that they are too lazy or disconnected from reality to do themselves.

We are at the mercy of the Chinese government and before we muster up the backbone, as a nation, to do anything about it, financially, we're going to endure a multi-year Recession of major proportions. I think Fall2007-Winter2008 we're going to be in a severe recession.

Uhh...I live in Michigan. It would be an understatement to say I'm worried about the economy. In my county alone the out of the five biggest employers of a decade ago three of them don't exist anymore.

This was the nature of Michael Moore's "Roger and Me", about GM shipping jobs to Mexico, while the CEO Roger Smith, got a hefty bonus for saving the company money. It also was covered thoroughly in the Frontline episode, "Is Walmart good for America". A segment that showed Walmart sets pricing policy and if you can't make it for less, you are out as most of their expansion is fueling the Chinese economic boom. Have you noticed the lack of selection at Walmart? Many companies still hanging in there don't get their products in the building for those reasons.

I am not worried because I never understood how economy works and I have more things to worry about now.

No comment :)

I am very worried because I feel like a major stock market crash is just around the corner. I think a 600-800 pt "correction" is going to hit us anyday now.

The most fundamental failure of George Bush's administration is to stubbornly cling to "tax cuts" and deliver them, and then take us into two wars that would last the rest of his administration. Can anyone name a single war we took part in under an economic strategy of tax cuts and deficit spending?

People read about Cheney's connection to Haliburton, about all the congressmen and W.'s handpicked Administrators who leave public service for large paychecks in the very private sectors that they worked in on behalf of "We, the people." People see W.'s own press secretary admit that he can't afford to earn his paycheck. They read about W. licking his lips over the forthcoming "speech" fees he feels he's going to earn on the "rubber chicken/backslap" circuit. It's a corporate, political and cultural tenor of "I'm just here until I can 'get mine'" is what we have, in effect, created.

And they get angry.

They feel defeated before every workday, in their cubicle, and they take out their frustrations ON THEIR EMPLOYER who then looks to either "the Government" for help, to cover "corporate strategies that fail in the marketplace" or simply look to prolong accountability and responsibility of any kind, until the next person shows up.

Our infrastructure is crumbling. Nobody wants to manage their own lives. They want to pay people cheaply to do the "cooking/cleaning/gardening/parenting" that they are too lazy or disconnected from reality to do themselves.

We are at the mercy of the Chinese government and before we muster up the backbone, as a nation, to do anything about it, financially, we're going to endure a multi-year Recession of major proportions. I think Fall2007-Winter2008 we're going to be in a severe recession.

All very true. Just think, you have to work until mid May to pay your taxes now, but there are still 8 1/2 months to go into further each year. You can still pay until June, July, etc. :dunno:

An 800 point drop might create some panic, but it can go a lot lower than that. Some unpopular financial experts are not seen much on TV anymore, because they won't paint a happy face on this for the viewers.

The problem is, those groceries are already climbing in price. Mostly the gas price is blamed, but I am noticing everything at big retailers has gone up. I heard that it took $200 last year to feed a family of 4 and now that's $300. Milk went up almost a dollar a gallon, and I know items I always buy at Home Depot, are all up about 25-30%

Uhh...I live in Michigan. It would be an understatement to say I'm worried about the economy. In my county alone the out of the five biggest employers of a decade ago three of them don't exist anymore. Another one has dropped from 3,000 employees to around 400 and it doesn’t even know if it's going to be around much longer. Countless smaller operations have either cut people or don't exist....
I know 40 and 50 year old men that used to work in factories that now make their way as a grocery store bagger. "Entry level jobs" have become permanent for them. Younger people are often even more screwed never getting those jobs they otherwise would in the first place. Even jobs like McDonalds are hard to find in my area.

Excellent post. I know exactly what you are saying. It seems that things around here in NJ are not quite as bad as where you are, but the job market is tough. "Entry-level" jobs seem to be all that is available, and that hurts me since I'm looking for work right now. I don't know how people can live on these wages. Even with my fiancee and I both working, it was tough sometimes to pay the bills.

wheat prices are skyrocketing on the futures markets; oil is approaching $85 dollars and some say it could reach $90/100 if we experience a really harsh winter; note also how the futures traders ignored the Opec decision to pump more oil into the market (yeah, right!); food prices ARE increasing across the board. Does this look a reduction in inflation to anyone. And still the Fed will cut.:mad:

Excellent post. I know exactly what you are saying. It seems that things around here in NJ are not quite as bad as where you are, but the job market is tough. "Entry-level" jobs seem to be all that is available, and that hurts me since I'm looking for work right now. I don't know how people can live on these wages. Even with my fiancee and I both working, it was tough sometimes to pay the bills.

In this economy everyone starting out, wants it now. No need to wait for that house or car, or boat, get it on credit. For support in that dumb decision you have only to watch advertisements, and even the tax situation. The government taxes you on savings and other capital gains, so who are they kidding?

http://board.freeones.com/showpost.php?p=1641673&postcount=93

wheat prices are skyrocketing on the futures markets; oil is approaching $85 dollars and some say it could reach $90/100 if we experience a really harsh winter; note also how the futures traders ignored the Opec decision to pump more oil into the market (yeah, right!); food prices ARE increasing across the board. Does this look a reduction in inflation to anyone. And still the Fed will cut.:mad:

I saw that at $85. How long will it be before people completely, "get in vogue", and buy smaller more efficient cars? The land of plenty has turned into it costs plenty if you can afford it at all. I remember about 12 years ago, it was at an all time low of about $18/barrel and gas was down to about .87 a gallon.

And you know that once prices go up temporarily, they never come down again.

You think people would get the idea that resources are not renewable. What about trees? It's tough to get real wood products anymore.

Last edited:

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I couldn't fucking care less! Maybe all these rich fucks will finally get a nice hard reality slap!

I couldn't fucking care less! Maybe all these rich fucks will finally get a nice hard reality slap!

Hmm. Who would that be? Richer individuals are the one's that survive anything like this the best.

Like drinking and driving, eventually ignoring the consequences will make you crash and burn.

Last edited:

Legzman

...at least you're honest!:1orglaugh

My only good quality!

Hmm. Who would that be? Richer individuals are the one's that survive anything like this the best.

Like drinking and driving, eventually ignoring the consequences will make you crash and burn.

Oh...wel...fuck them anyway!
I don't know how the economy fucks the little guy, nor do I really care! I was hoping the rich ones would take a fall, guess I'm wrong as usual!

I don't make shit at my job. So, whatever! I don't understand it all and I don't care! It's like politics, again who cares! It's all about the rich guy in the end, and I'm sick of that shit!

Well, when people are laid off, and prices on food go up, and the remaining people are trying to cover more of the workload to keep their jobs, things can get very unpleasant. Rents go up. More layoffs mean even more foreclosures and financial setbacks for people, so I don't think this is the time to go out and start a serious new hobby like flying airplanes, buying things you need, alcoholism or heavy drug abuse.

Work for some people will become picking up cans for the deposit money :2 cents:

Legzman

I've already started the alcoholism due to random fucking drug tests! So much bullshit at my job, I've gotta have something to take the edge off and since I can't smoke weed for fear of getting popped, I've resorted to drinking more!

I've already started the alcoholism due to random fucking drug tests! So much bullshit at my job, I've gotta have something to take the edge off and since I can't smoke weed for fear of getting popped, I've resorted to drinking more!

So you are really ahead of the times! Good for you! :thumbsup:

Legzman

yep when the economy takes a shit, I'll already be a drunk so it won't matter at all then!

Why do I have the feeling that high gas prices and the fucked up economy have to do with each other? They fuel each other it would seem!

I was just in the store and went to buy the eggs I usually pick up.

They were $1.92 a dozen. Last time they were $1.33. That's a 44% increase. Granted that's one item, but what about the other 25 things I normally pick up?