• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Are you worried about the economy?

Are you worried about the economy?

• Total voters
Whatever you consider to be the economy: world economy, local economy, your business, the company/retail outlet you work for and that pays your wages. In a way it's a moot point. After all "When America sneezes..."

I worry about the economy,the deteroiating enviorment,over-population and they are all inter-connected.Can we have a good economy and do anything to help the enviorment?Probably not and so I think that means the enviormental concerns are the ones that will be pushed aside.

Lots of votes on this one so far! I'm not worried. I worry more about things like... Do I have underwear clean? What the hell was that on my toast this morning? What does Tunsty *actually* look like?

H

Americans are trained to spend, not save, and be oblivous to it all when buying a $400,000 house with nothing down, a no interest mortgage and a joint income of about $60,000 with two new cars in the garage.

Americans are trained to spend, not save, and be oblivous to it all when buying a $400,000 house with nothing down, a no interest mortgage and a joint income of about $60,000 with two new cars in the garage.

Whoop! Don't speak for all of us! :glugglug: I just paid off a loan yesterday, and immediately told my bank to transfer those payments to my house payment so that I can pay that off faster. I've got a nice domino effect going with my debt (most of which I incurred as a result of my divorce)

I have money spread out all over the place, and I'm very much into saving, because I don't want to work forever, and if I don't save now, I will be (Like my baby-boomer parents who have constantly just waved a hand and said "We'll deal with that later")

Fail to plan, plan to fail!

H

Whoop! Don't speak for all of us! :glugglug: I just paid off a loan yesterday, and immediately told my bank to transfer those payments to my house payment so that I can pay that off faster. I've got a nice domino effect going with my debt (most of which I incurred as a result of my divorce)

I have money spread out all over the place, and I'm very much into saving, because I don't want to work forever, and if I don't save now, I will be (Like my baby-boomer parents who have constantly just waved a hand and said "We'll deal with that later")

Fail to plan, plan to fail!

H

The world, and the economy, would be in better shape if we all took heed of that advice. Well done on dealing with the money issues:thumbsup:

The world, and the economy, would be in better shape if we all took heed of that advice. Well done on dealing with the money issues:thumbsup:

Smart wife, good financial adviser, and healthy dose of reality. It sure as hell wasn't good advice from my parents. :confused:

H

Homes are a major investment, (whether they know it or not), of most people. I had several older couples argue that they saw the price of property double or triple and they wanted to buy at inflated prices, to double or triple their unnecessary investment. Of course that is suicidal to buy at a peak in your senior years to make a killing in an inflated market, (and they argued adamently that real estate never loses money)! I don't know what happened to them, but there are foreclosures all over and new homes are not selling. I hear stories on the news about fools that rushed out to try to buy 6-7 properties at double their current prices who thought they would be rolling in money about now.

Recently a realtor neighbor told me two new homes were sold for half their advertised price by a major national developer just to get out of the "paradise", development they felt stuck with. New schools were built, assuming big growth that has now shut down.

I am too as my Mortgage payments keep going up and the fact that in the uk we pay far more for things than the rest of the world. cars, houses, fuel, food, clothes etc.
I pay around £500 tax, £300 National Insurance and £300 a month; plus union subs which are worth their weight in gold so I won't dis them, and what for? A shity govenrment in a country that was once great! :mad::mad:

I am too as my Mortgage payments keep going up and the fact that in the uk we pay far more for things than the rest of the world. cars, houses, fuel, food, clothes etc.
I pay around £500 tax, £300 National Insurance and £300 a month; plus union subs which are worth their weight in gold so I won't dis them, and what for? A shity govenrment in a country that was once great! :mad::mad:

There seems to be speculation in the financial press that rates might have peaked, although that's no consolation to would-be borrowers. Much like the States, interest rates have been kept artificially far too low since 2001.

edit: sterobbo01, you forgot to poll:(

There seems to be speculation in the financial press that rates might have peaked, although that's no consolation to would-be borrowers. Much like the States, interest rates have been kept artificially far too low since 2001.

I know. I shouldn't really complain about my home as I have made 50g on it in three years but it's gets a bit much with everything else we are stiffed with.

Cheers mate, I polled now:thumbsup:

That tax is very high in my eyes, although for me the exchange rate has gone badly for the dollar. I remember a pound was about $1.42, today it's $2.02. Insurance is probably about average here for an individual with that in mind.

People here are trained to buy. The big stores are packed with stores, even the big US automakers facing bankruptcy are building and selling big cars. People choose to ignore all of it by watching the soothing words of the government. Like I said, Enron's CEO gave a lulaby to the shareholders before the company fell apart.

Last edited:

I know. I shouldn't really complain about my home as I have made 50g on it in three years but it's gets a bit much with everything else we are stiffed with.

Cheers mate, I polled now:thumbsup:

Wasn't disagreeing with you sterobbo01; your gripes are quite legitimate and understandable:thumbsup:

Uhh...I live in Michigan. It would be an understatement to say I'm worried about the economy. In my county alone the out of the five biggest employers of a decade ago three of them don't exist anymore. Another one has dropped from 3,000 employees to around 400 and it doesn’t even know if it's going to be around much longer. Countless smaller operations have either cut people or don't exist. The county I live in has around 10,000 people living in it for comparison. I have known people that have driven 50, 60+ miles for a job that pays a little above minimum wage. I know some people that are going to be close to going on a better part of 10 years without finding any real work in a year or two, and it's not like a big turn around is right around the corner either. Just think about it. Can you imagine going an entire decade without work!!! I know 40 and 50 year old men that used to work in factories that now make their way as a grocery store bagger. "Entry level jobs" have become permanent for them. Younger people are often even more screwed never getting those jobs they otherwise would in the first place. Even jobs like McDonalds are hard to find in my area. Despite what some people out there seem to think, people can't just move either especially if they are poor and have no resources and no family outside the area. Many of them also have to take care of their elderly parents themselves like me. The service jobs have the same problem of service jobs everywhere. Unlike manufacturing you only need a few people to fill the needs of hundreds or thousands of people. So there are only a few that have them. Yes I guess in my area we have a few doctors that milk the last cents of people that are sick and can't afford to take care of themselves. We might have a few cable TV guys and some plumbers, but all the plentiful jobs that used to be around people get cutthroat about. You better pray you have some connections or know somebody when you try to get them also. I don't know what criteria they base it on but it isn't work ethic or ability anymore.

Hey are society, culture, and country is starting to crumble but don't worry. At least now everybody has the benefit of going to Wall-Mart and buying cheap ass products made in China that will break in no time that were made with sweatshop labor. :rolleyes: That's a great trade off, isn't it?

Facetious

Moderated
I am.

I am of the opinion that this current trend (upswing in stock market . . .13,000 Dow Jones Ind Ave.) is a made up / engineered stock market.

America has no relative GNP to back up this false economy !

We're just consumers . . . not by choice either