• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Are You Mathematically Challenged?

Thank you Sir!

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
And while we are on the subject, what is this called:

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987...

I'll give you a hint, it started out with rabbits.

Fibonacci numbers or something like that
every number is the sum of the two previous numbers

So wait, you mean that isn't how your weekly bar tab using the FreeOnes business credit card has grown? :tongue:

(I assume the increased growth was in response to your ever growing need to cope while working in that environment.) ;)

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
So wait, you mean that isn't how your weekly bar tab using the FreeOnes business credit card has grown? :tongue:

(I assume the increased growth was in response to your ever growing need to cope while working in that environment.) ;)

Who said it wasnt? :glugglug:

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
No one.

to graduate in high school you needed to have passed just 1 math class, math1 but then you could move onto math2 then to algebra1-algebra2 then i think onto
another wacky class like geometry which like algebra 2 was like "advanced" math
well i took math1 freshman yr and never took another because i would never need to figure out an equation like this in my lifetime for ANYTHING important PLUS after math1 in the real world you are allowed to use calculators!

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
to graduate in high school you needed to have passed just 1 math class, math1 but then you could move onto math2 then to algebra1-algebra2 then i think onto
well i took math1 freshman yr and never took another because i would never need to figure out an equation like this in my lifetime for ANYTHING important PLUS after math1 in the real world you are allowed to use calculators!

:brick:

Thats ok, we need people for manual labour.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac

The father of mathematical progressions. A portion of the postal exam follows this type of problem.

Well... Here is a new sequence...
Hint: as developer, this is stuff I have sometimes to work with and everyone who works with computers will probably have been using this (or similar) sequences (un)knowingly...

1 11 21 1211 111221 312211 13112221 1113213211

Enjoy :)

And no cheating ... eh googling :p

Hint: as developer, this is stuff I have sometimes to work with and everyone who works with computers will probably have been using this (or similar) sequences (un)knowingly...

I love this one, don't know what it's called but i used to continue it when i was bored in school:
next number is 31131211131221

If someone can tell me the next number ill give rep :D

Punch that equation as it reads into a calculator and you'll get the wrong answer. :facepalm: I'll have fries with that, please. ;) You have to learn how to read the equation before you can figure it out with a calculator, son. And everybody learned this stuff in grade school, btw!

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account

Took me a while, but I think its a rosetta code.

I love this one, don't know what it's called but i used to continue it when i was bored in school:
next number is 31131211131221

Next number:

:)

@freeones_anders:
I can give you the answer, but then you're out of the game for this round.

Last edited: