• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Anyone here enjoy model trains?

It is another hobby of mine. HO Scale. I enjoy building dioramas from scratch

This was my first attempt. I just went along and put what I thought might look good on it.

1119060958.jpg

diorama002.jpg

diorama003.jpg

diorama004.jpg

diorama001.jpg

This one took me almost six months to complete. It's a replica of a friend's home up in the Poudre Canyon, just west of Ft. Collins, Colorado. Everything you see there is exactly like his property. I gave it to him as a surprise gift. He has done a lot of work for me on my chopper. He drinks PBR, so I had a heck of a time finding a Pabsts truck.. :)

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

I have a large collection of my father's Lionel Postwar trains, mostly 0 gauge, with pieces spanning from the late 1940's to the early 1980's. I have never set them up as I don't really have the space to enjoy them properly, but there are some pretty cool pieces in the collection that I have displayed on my mantle and bookshelves.

Mayhem

Banned
I'm sorry Jack, but I gotta give you a stiff jab to the ribs on this one. I mean, good thread, no complaints there. And I don't recall there being a slew of threads about this, so good job on that. This is a reasonable, non-political, no flames needed topic, so kudos for that.

One minor point though:

Where The Fuck Are The Model Trains You Promised Us???

lol....

Okay here... this is ONE of several KATO locomotives that I own. This particular one is a favorite of mine. It sets on the track next to the gas station near the tunnel. (I just didn't have it set when I took the pictures. It is a replica of an early diesel, around the late 1940s, early 1950s. It's known as a "Switcher". It's used for short lines. They were distinctive in that when they revved up, huge black smoke billowed out of them along with a very loud CHUG CHUG CHUG.

Actual name is ALCORS SD-2 Locomotive.

ALCORS-2-1.jpg

I have a large collection of my father's Lionel Postwar trains, mostly 0 gauge, with pieces spanning from the late 1940's to the early 1980's. I have never set them up as I don't really have the space to enjoy them properly, but there are some pretty cool pieces in the collection that I have displayed on my mantle and bookshelves.
Sweet! Hang on to it. pre war and post war Lionel items command big bucks. :)

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
No, since I'm not Reverent Lovejoy.

Sweet! Hang on to it. pre war and post war Lionel items command big bucks. :)

I know. Most of them actually still have the box, as well. I just actually learned that the boxes alone have value to them even without the actual train piece, as certain collectors have the train piece, but no box and are willing to buy the boxes for said pieces, even if they aren't in perfect condition.

I bought a collector's guide a while back and have been researching the value of the train pieces, track, switching stations, the boxes, and even some of the owner's manuals/magazines associated with Lionel trains. Pricing everything out, figuring out what you have and what its all worth is actually a pretty fun hobby in itself.

I have accrued a pretty significant amount of value with the collection, although since they were my dad's it would be increasingly difficult to sell them as he passed away in 1999, and the trains are 1 of only a few personal items of his that I still possess, so to say that I have a sentimental attachment to them would be a bit of an understatement.

If you weren't such a douchebag I wouldn't mind discussing this topic with you.

Mr. Xfire's Neighborhood

xfire - "Jack, come over here, please. The train track's too close to the lake, I got shocked. Weren't we going to solve this problem?"

Jack "24" Bauer - "I'm sorry, its- its just that, you know, the lake-"

xfire - "We're solving the problem, Jack. Solving the problem."

Nice job setting that stuff up, man. I honestly am impressed by it.

I have tons of model trains, but I never opened them for some reason.