• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Annoyances

member006

Closed Account
Are quotation marks still ok? [("Not that I care one way or another")] :1orglaugh

LMAO I was asking myself the same thing. I said "Self, I wonder if quotation marks are still ok? " and she replied "Do whats your style, as long as you post an answer to the topic."

Hurry up and wait, my foreman and boss have taken me over the limit today with that one.:mad:

LL

Sean Salisbury on ESPN is a complete fucking annoyance. I have no idea how he keeps his job. He hasn't had an original thought on-air in 5 years.

I also am annoyed by ESPN's treatment of "BREAKING NEWS" in the bottom screen crawl....I believe Joe Torre turning down the Yankees pitiful half-ass contract was "BREAKING NEWS" for about 8 hours...I tuned into Sportscenter at Midnight and it was still "BREAKING NEWS"...I also fumed when they "cut to SO-AND-SO REPORTER for an 'update'," but given the rebroadcast of the material, it was not an "update" at all but merely a summary of the known facts!

Farts that just won't come out.

Sean Salisbury on ESPN is a complete fucking annoyance. I have no idea how he keeps his job. He hasn't had an original thought on-air in 5 years.

With the exception of a couple of people I think everybody at ESPN is annoying. It's like they seek out the people that don't know what they are talking about.

When they patch over a section of road because of the potholes for so long it become more patch than road anymore instead of just fixing it.
Are quotation marks still ok? [("Not that I care one way or another")] :1orglaugh
Damn that I can't rep you for these two gems!
I also am annoyed by ESPN's treatment of "BREAKING NEWS" in the bottom screen crawl....I believe Joe Torre turning down the Yankees pitiful half-ass contract was "BREAKING NEWS" for about 8 hours...I tuned into Sportscenter at Midnight and it was still "BREAKING NEWS"...I also fumed when they "cut to SO-AND-SO REPORTER for an 'update'," but given the rebroadcast of the material, it was not an "update" at all but merely a summary of the known facts!
You're lucky you don't live in the NYC area. They spent 25 minutes of an hour news show from 5PM-6 talking about this. They had a chopper overhead when Torre's plane landed back home in NY. They showed him getting out of the plane and into his car, AND they had the gall to follow him overhead in the chopper as he drove home!! What could that possibly add to the story?!!? That's where it becomes MY annoyance!

^^^Geezus.
I'm starting to wonder if Sports Coverage is becoming reduced to nothing more then "The Manquirer" so to speak...

Facetious

Moderated
Wondering how many rep points the author should / could be entitled to for the contribution of such ubiquitous thread as this (?) :1orglaugh

It's a dandy ! Everybody has a gripe, myself included.

To think how much of a desert a contentedness thread would measure is somewhat annoying.

Torre's "Weathervane of Humanity", if I may. .

I'm enjoying the thread immensely !

Long Live Thread . . Be Dead or Alive !

All The Best ~

Facetious

Moderated
When, at the end of the show, at a "reunion tour",

the obligatory group hug

lineup - arm & arm - bow to crowd.

Really heartfelt, gentlemen ! :rolleyes:

WTF ? Shows over ! . . .

'till the next "reunion tour" . . and the next . .

I don’t like it when people throw cigarette buts on the ground instead of putting them in the proper receptacle nearby.

there hasn't been nothing on t.v. for the past 2 fucking weeks. This sorry ass MLB postseason, MTV & BET still sucks, the best news story they can find is about a bunch of bullshit, the last 2 sundays haven't been anything special, what happened to that stupid ass geico caveman show, all espn talks about is Joe Torre and Manny Ramirez... wake me up when the NBA season and 24 starts. :sleep:

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
Having to catch up on FreeOnes after a week away! :computer: ;)

let's hope not. it hasn't been like it used to be.. :(

The fact that the union I'm in apparently has a salary cap for part time employees to get an anniversary raise...and I'm over the limit. :mad: At least I still get my union raise in April.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I find it really annoying when complete strangers think it's ok to ask me about the scars on my arms. They're just from burns I got at work (mostly), but how do they know that there isn't some gut-wrenching, tear-jerking story behind them and that I don't want to talk about it? Stupid jerks.

football anouncers who like to try to make something out of absolutely nothing and start shit where there is not even a problem.

Stick to PTI and newspapers buddy.

Having to work late one night, go in early the next morning, work late the next night, go in early the next morning...

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I hate it when I'm in the mood to stay up late (like reeeeally late) and watch TV...but then there is absolutely NOTHING on. Seriously, stop ending the programming for the day at 1am. There's almost nothing worse than having to rely on infomercials and Carlos Mencia's shitty excuse for a show to entertain me when I'm wide awake.