• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Americans are stupid

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Standardized testing. Wanna be scared? Google a copy of the types of school exams your parents and especially your grandparents had to take.

I remember watching war documentaries and hearing stories from my grandfather who fought in WWII from Normandy all the way to Germany, somewhere in or near the Rhine, and getting wounded at the Heurtgen Forest. I remember him telling me how smart the German people thought they were. But in reality they were duped by a mad man and his henchmen. The worst part was, the German people were so super proud of their country, but they hardly knew jack shit. They were going to be the SUPER RACE. The Pure... the mighty, the strongest. Yet, they got their asses kicked by a bunch of American men who came from small towns, farms, steel mills, factories, etc. Mostly uneducated.

;)

Question : WHO is Jack Shit ? The name of a Pres. of the US that I didn´t know yet ?? :angels::angels::D

Sure we got our asses kicked .... BY : The Soviet Union, The United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Norway, Danmark, Australia , Canada , the USA .

And especially the nation last mentioned was absolutely NOT interested to work together veeeeeryy close with an old NAZI ( since 1933 ) to get their apollo space - program up to the moon. The name was WERNHER VON BRAUN , .. a very typical american name, right ?? Without this guy + his team you still would lean an ol wooden ladder against the moon to get ur azzes up there ...:facepalm::angels:
Well, I´m sure that was just a *political mistake* ...and as far as I know VON BRAUN was swimming with his team across the river to beg the USA to work for them .:dunno::angels:

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Trying to put America in the class of other Western countries education wise if not fair. We fare better than places like Finland that allegedly place higher on standard tests....we just do it outside of the inner city. I don't worry about the class of elite learners we are producing because the statistics say in fact that we have plenty. It's the inner city trash crowd that drags down our numbers when it comes to such "lists."

Actually, the statistics say that we are are rapidly falling behind the rest of the world in the areas of math and science. We now rank somewhere around 27th in the global rankings in math and science. The truth is, our educational system and standards have been spiraling downward for the past thirty plus years. This is why high tech companies are begging the government to open up the number of H1B visas to foreign engineers, etc.

But anyway, here's what some "hoodrats" have to say about an important topic: women's suffrage. For anyone who still has a glimmer of hope for the future of this nation, do NOT watch this video.

There is another video, similar to this one, only it's from a private women's college. I got depressed before I found it though.

May God have mercy on all of our souls. :facepalm:

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Actually, the statistics say that we are are rapidly falling behind the rest of the world in the areas of math and science. We now rank somewhere around 27th in the global rankings in math and science. The truth is, our educational system and standards have been spiraling downward for the past thirty plus years. This is why high tech companies are begging the government to open up the number of H1B visas to foreign engineers, etc.

But anyway, here's what some "hoodrats" have to say about an important topic: women's suffrage. For anyone who still has a glimmer of hope for the future of this nation, do NOT watch this video.

There is another video, similar to this one, only it's from a private women's college. I got depressed before I found it though.

May God have mercy on all of our souls. :facepalm:
Meh. They're middle schoolers.

Gotta be honest I didn't know what he was on about myself lol. I mean I'd ask him what he meant and if he said just give a yes or no I'd say "Well sir I can't comment on that"

Yeah, there are some pretty stupid Americans. I'll worry about it when someone shows me proof that we have a monopoly in stupidity.

Rey C.

Meh. They're middle schoolers.

Ah, you still have hope. We'll snuff that out. :D Problem is, as people get older, they don't get smarter. They just get older. The kid in 3rd grade who sits in the back of the class and picks his nose... at 30, he's still going to be a fuck-up. And the girl who spends all day brushing her hair and learning the nuances of applying make-up in 8th grade, at your 10 year high school reunion... she's still going to be a clueless airhead.

As college students:

As adults:

The one I was really looking for was the one done at some prestigious women's college. That one went viral a couple of years back. But since I can't find it, I assume YouTube had to take it down. If I had a daughter and was paying $35 grand a year to send her to some fancy private university, and she didn't know what "women's suffrage" was, I guess I'd get a lawyer and have that taken down too.

One thing about people in general, and Americans in particular: we like to think we know things that we don't actually know. The people who don't have a clue as to what "suffrage" means, yet are willing to sign a petition opposing it, that's just another (sadly funny) example. I had a project at an out of state facility recently. I was going to use the plant maintenance staff to do some wiring and equipment placement. Let them make some extra money, I thought. It didn't affect me one way or the other. A lot of people thought I was there to shut the place down. So I was just trying to throw them a bone. But right before I got there for the move, all but a couple of them flaked out and didn't want to work. According to these tax experts, "once you work more than 10-15 hours of over-time, the government takes it all." Really??? :facepalm: That (false) belief is very common among hourly workers that I've encountered over the years. They don't know the difference between withholding and actual taxes. The government doesn't tax overtime at a higher rate. The tax withholding is at a higher rate because your earnings are greater for that pay period. Unless you go into a higher bracket because of a massive amount of overtime throughout the year, your annual tax rate stays the same as it was before... and your refund will simply be bigger once you file. But try explaining that to people who *know* how the tax system works. :brick: Not I. I'll just call in the contractors from now on, as I usually do, and fuck trying to offer people a shot at some easy money. If they're too dumb to take it, give it to someone else.

And on this board (among others) we have the fellow who insisted that people went to Fannie Mae offices and got government mortgages. Along with another genius who claimed that he "knew" that the government paid banks "a stipend" to give loans to people "that everybody knew couldn't pay it back." Fannie Mae offices don't/didn't offer loans to the public and the government never paid banks "a stipend." Same kind of dumbasses who are always dancing around talking about "the gubment is uh tryin' to steal ma freedums!"

I don't know if you want to call it ignorance or stupidity. I think it's stupidity. Because you can cure ignorance with knowledge. But stupid people seem to be proud to demonstrate their lack of knowledge these days.

I don't agree. Especially since we live in the internet age. All the reading I do on points from left to right. And other hot issues and mundane issues. All has science and literature interwoven into it. Basically general knowledge increases, Feels like my head is about to explode sometimes.

PS> And man some insidious shit has truly been written on this planet. Guys who take real facts and science and bend them all outta shape to justify anything. I'd be appalled if I wasn't so impressed with the evil weaving.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
You got to laugh at the worm. Dude's got 17,000+ posts and hasn't added anything of value. Shifty's custom title, "eet fuk", trumps everything the worm's ever said. :yesyes:

:1orglaugh This your new insult to people? They have too much of a life to post as much as you. Did you get tired of looking like an idiot by just posting smileys. Bad news you still look stupid.

There are dumb people all over the planet, in every country of the world. I consider myself lucky I live in a rather small country, so we don't have much dumb people,. Hardly any in comparison with the US. :D

I will go on. Here's some more stats

A World Economic Forum survey that ranks countries on their overall economic competitiveness puts the United States fifth; the countries ahead of it, including Singapore and Finland, are tiny, with populations around 5 percent that of the United States.

The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) released a study last week measuring tax revenue as a percentage of gross domestic product. The United States came in 27th out of 30 countries.

The World Bank study finds that the only category in which the United States is not in the top 20 is “paying taxes,” where it ranks a miserable 72.

U.S. air infrastructure has gone from 12th to 31st, roads from eighth to 20th.

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
Enters thread

Defies expectations by not posting about yanks in an inflamotory manner

Burns portrait of prophet Mohammed

Exits thread

Rey C.

maybe if republican governors stop laying off teachers things will get better

I agree that we need to refocus on education in this country. But it goes further than that, since there are some very smart people who don't have college degrees and there are some really stupid bastards who have a wall full of them. Agree? :dunno:

IMO, we focus too much on crap that doesn't matter. I bet the majority of the people in the clips I posted, who didn't know what "suffrage" meant, could tell us all about Kim K@rdashian or Lindsay Loh@n. But I bet they'd be hard pressed to even know which party their member of Congress belongs to, much less his name. Too many of us don't have basic knowledge about important things, but we have loads of knowledge on things that mean little or nothing.

What good is a head full of useless knowledge or a head that primarily exists in an echo chamber, incapable of independent thought... unable to acquire or process data and come to a rational conclusion? I won't say that we're more stupid than a lot of other (developed) nations. But our lack of knowledge on many topics, combined with our arrogance, does seem to make us appear stupid too much of the time, IMO.