• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Alzheimers and coffee

Lungzyn

Die For Me
Alzheimers is a terrible disease:(
5 cups a day seems like a lot though, i dont even drink any coffee at all

I drink 5 cups or more a day. But let's be realistic, Alzheimer is genetical for the most part, theres never been a case in my family, so in the end im worse of drinking 5 cups. :)

Perilypos

Retired Moderator
We've never had Alzheimer's disease in my family and I believe that this is a stronger reason why my chance to have it is not big than the fact that I am a notorious coffee drinker, but one more reason to enjoy the delicious taste of strong coffee is always welcome.

Studies like this are effectively worthless.Whatever a study finds there'll be another one along in a while which tells you the opposite.It's because people compare two sets of figures regardless of other factors.

I do drink coffee, but only the genuine article (not the 'instant' crap :)

Studies like this are effectively worthless.Whatever a study finds there'll be another one along in a while which tells you the opposite.It's because people compare two sets of figures regardless of other factors.

Marquis beat me to it. This ^ was basically what I was going to say.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
That's why I smoke cigarettes...if nothing else,they're a cure for Alzheimers....they'll kill me long before it would.

Alzehimers Disease is a multi-factorial disease and both genetic and environmental factors contribute to the development of the disease.

So what kind of coffee, Starbuck, McDonald, Second Cup, Mister Coffee, Tim Horton or instant coffee ?

I wouldnt place too much emphasis on the the studies, these were after all conducted on mice and not men! Yes there is potential in the findings, but how much medical study is conducted showing encouraging results in lab rats and then when piloted on people does not turn out to be quite so marked. They will be starting to conduct testing on people, may take some time before they really can find out if it is a real benefit or not for sufferers

{Conspiracy theory#1. High price of cocoa beans on the world market/bad weather/shortage of beans....clever marketing ploy??:shock:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I'm around 5 a day, but then they say that much can cause you other problems with your heart and such. You can't win.

What people forget is that the Brain is a muscle, just like the rest of the muscles in your body.

If you dont use it, you will lose it.

Keep your mind active just like you did when you was 18 years old.

If you look at these old people with Alzeimers, they ldont have active lives before getting the condition.

I'm glad I drink a pot of coffee a day... and I agree with BB1970, studies show seniors that remain active, physically and mentally, retain more brain function than those who don't.