• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Al Gore is a hypocritical asshole

I remember reading that article. I also remember reading other articles about how much energy/gas he used was made-up and/or vastly exaggerated.

Oh and by the way, what he does is irrelevant. Doesn't mean he's wrong about global warming. Nor does it mean that everyone else can safely do whatever they want even if it's true.

I think you mean something like this;
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/GlobalWarming/story?id=2906888&page=3

... people who do not believe that global warming is happening (yes, even in North America!) may take a look at these pages:

http://www.climatehotmap.org/namerica.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Warming

or, if they are too lazy to read, just look at this graph:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Instrumental_Temperature_Record.png

Al Gore has done something right: waking americans up, at least some of 'em. Americans, who on a global scale use up the most energy per person by far:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ene_usa_per_per-energy-usage-per-person
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ene_oil_con-energy-oil-consumption

I could go on arguing, but those who now, with all the recent media coverage, STILL don't believe we have to take action and start reducing cabon dioxides will, I fear, not change their view, no matter how often they are told.

I'll have to read those links tommorrow. Thanks.

If indeed Al Gore's energy usage is as wildly over-the-top as what the rumors suggest, that does seem problematic. The numbers cited make it sound like he and his fam must have their A/C on 40 degrees F in the summer and the heat at 90 degrees F in the winter, just for the hell of it. If the numbers are accurate, my follow-up question (before tsk-tsking Gore) would be, how many people live and work in the house? Is there, for all intents and purposes a large, extended family of people who live and work in the mansion? Let's say 30 people are constantly using the house for one thing or another, and the house also serves as an organizing point for major projects (such as the campaign to raise awareness of global warming and push for change in govt. policies about it), then perhaps "he" isn't really being so wasteful at all.

That said, I do wonder how that obviously right-wing think tank in Tenn. acquired his energy/electricity consumption info. I don't think the companies are allowed to just hand that kind of info. out on private residences, are they? This Gore-is-a-hypocrite meme appears to be part of the right-wing noise machine at present. In other words, forget that Gore's message (backed up by the vast majority of climate scientists) is solid, regardless of any hypocrisies on his part. Forget about global warming being real and the fact that we urgently need to act, and quit procrastinating and engaging in a b.s. "debate" about it. Forget about the total clusterfuck that is Iraq and Afghanistan (Bush & CheneyCo's bogus projects), and just focus on Al Gore's possible hypocrisy.

Read more here:

http://www.seeingtheforest.com/archives/2007/02/a_far_too_conve.htm

and here:

http://instaputz.blogspot.com/2007/02/al-gore-is-big-fat-hypocrite.html

I saw a news clip of an island in the S. Pacific where the rising sea level permanently flooded a parking lot. You can see a lightpost off in the Pacific Ocean.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
This topic reads like the angry ignorant against the content realists. Realism means accepting that the world is heating up like a frickin' greenhouse.

Ignorance is looking at science and saying so what, it's a couple degrees hotter! And we didnt NEED those thousand extra species in Madagascar or that extra ten feet of beach on each coast!

Gazinya.. damn, bro. Set the Gore scapegoat aside and remember an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So the american media's spearhead of the global warming movement isnt the perfect person. Yeah? No sh!t. I could care less if his house actually seems to run on ENERGY. He's doing more with his time and money than the alternative rich guy. AKA Not a damn thing.

So people arent really gonna bust his chops for his light bill. Just like the rest of us arent gonna fault you a week from now because of something you said that just sounded really.. bad. "I was in blah for 2 days and that disproves years of study!" lol, oh man.. you're beginning to sound like the Prez!

It amuses me when people use ridiculous anecdotal evidence to support the fact they don't think global warming exist. Like when they say, "It snowed and was cold yesterday. I guess that means global warming is a myth", instead of considering the vast nigh insurmountable mountains of evidence that have piled up and listening to the vast majority of the scientist in the world that say the what they think that evidence tells them.

Global warming does not mean global temperatures will be warmer all the time. It will eventually bring extreme warms but also extreme colds.

Anyone who does not take global warming by now needs a MAJOR reality check. Until a few years ago there was still a debate about whether or not global warming will occur/is occuring. This debate is over.

There all still discussions on what projections are realistic, but let me tell you, even the most conservative projections do not look good. Our children...and children's children will have a shitty world to live in if nothing is done.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I Said that :)

Yeah but you kept swinging that pendulum in your faces and saying some nonsense about Hypnosex. Weirdo. Anyway!

:gets back to sucking you off: Why am I doing this?

member006

Closed Account
Yeah but you kept swinging that pendulum in your faces and saying some nonsense about Hypnosex. Weirdo. Anyway!

:gets back to sucking you off: Why am I doing this?

Did you mean for this to sound the way it does? Or are key words missing? lol

You just admitted to sucking off a moderator. Do you know how long you could be banned for? AFA has been trying to keep his fling with you secret for a long, long time now. And if you were going to do it, did you have to rub it in by doing it on the Al Gore thread, who you and I know was the third wheel in your little emotional love triangle you had going last year.

When you get back from your ban, can you give me some of that sugar too Torre... :)

To all those who think this was a joke: it was. Except for the part about Al Gore. I was involved in a love triangle with Al Gore and Ladylove. Right Ladylove? Right? (offers Ladylove a $20 - for a new manicure - under the table if she nods politely)

So far it's all talk. Torre is really Jennifer Tilly. Still hasn't agreed to meet me. :)

member006

Closed Account
You just admitted to sucking off a moderator. Do you know how long you could be banned for? AFA has been trying to keep his fling with you secret for a long, long time now. And if you were going to do it, did you have to rub it in by doing it on the Al Gore thread, who you and I know was the third wheel in your little emotional love triangle you had going last year.

When you get back from your ban, can you give me some of that sugar too Torre... :)

To all those who think this was a joke: it was. Except for the part about Al Gore. I was involved in a love triangle with Al Gore and Ladylove. Right Ladylove? Right? (offers Ladylove a $20 - for a new manicure - under the table if she nods politely)

*Politely takes the $20 shakes her ass at Fox on her way out of thread to go call Al's lawyer to tell him Fox broke the "silence clause" we all signed.*

We have more TREES now than in 1800!!
One Adult TREE produces enough Oxygen for 18 people...How do I know, I'm a Tree Farmer with 23,000 Trees.QUOTE]

No you're not. you're full of shit. what kind of trees do you grow?

You're telling me that you own thousands of acres of land and you do nothing with it but let trees sit and grow there?

Maybe you've never heard of a little thing called timber. see it's what you get when you cut trees down and sell them, which means jack shit for the status of the world because it pretty much causes a thousand times as much pollution and damage for every tree cut down than that tree helps.

people love to spout these two contradictions. yes, there are more trees now than in 1880. but the trees that are were around in 1880, are the same trees that were around in 1780. as opposed to the trees that are around in 2007 which aren't the same trees that were around in 1997. It really doesn't much matter what an adult tree produces when over 80% of the trees in the world are not and will never reach maturity.

as for al Gore he's a dip shit asshole and I don't care what he says. thanks Al for perpetrating industrial pollution all over the world for thirty years and then once it becomes impossible to lie and hide it anyone, jump on the bandwagon and shake your finger while you sit by and don't do a damn thing to stop the world burning, you smug bastard.

and on the general subject, the manufacturing of a car is far more pollutant than anything that comes out of the gas tank. so so much for hybrids. also a 100 million people driving five times as much because now there cars get five times as many miles per gallon isn't going to accomplish anything either.

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/aginatur/prog1.htm#suspend

I think global warming is BS. The earth has always gone through warming and cooling periods. Even before humans were around, fossil and geological evidence shows this.
Now, because I believe global warming is a hoax, that does NOT mean we shouldn't BE more energy efficient, lower waste, recycle and what not. I do want to see pollution reduced, I do want to see toxic fumes and poisons in our drinking water eliminated.

I do want a greener earth but I want it Because I want it, not because I've been scared into running around screaming blue murder about global warming.

People are worrying too much about whats up there and not focusing on ground level where the real problems are.

Would you like some Cadmium flavored tap water with your genetically modified dinner, sir?

Global warming is real no matter what you think of the messenger. As an aside it takes a real political scumbag to go dumpster diving for this shit.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Wow. My post was the catalyst for a whole lotta other craziness.

Awesome. ;)