• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2012/2013 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irish eke out a win vs Boilermakers.

That was an uncomfortable game. The Irish looked terrible. So many penalties, missed opportunities, and just plain terrible tackling. The defense as a whole looked bad. I'll take the win, they're going to be hard to come by this year. Check out the Irish schedule sometime. Ouch.

Also, WTF Wisconsin?
Michigan had a hard time against Air Force. A really hard time.
Florida St. is up 48-0 against Savannah St. Women's Typewriter Maintenance College. Great game. :rolleyes:

Also, WTF Wisconsin?

It's really no mystery, Dirk.
Please take note..........

My three team parlay this week will be: Wisconsin, Louisiana Tech (they won) and Arizona State (they winning big)

Oregon State was one of THE worst rushing defenses in the nation last year while Wisconsin was a scoring juggernaut......but never mind, my money stopped them cold :1orglaugh

Now that I think of it, the last time I bet on the Badgers they lost on a last second hail Mary ...... :brick:

I'm thinkin Notre Dame might have been a bit jet lagged after playing overseas last week.

Terrible day for the Big 10

Nice win for UCLA over Nebraska. They're not in USC's league but they do appear much improved.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
That was an uncomfortable game. The Irish looked terrible. So many penalties, missed opportunities, and just plain terrible tackling. The defense as a whole looked bad. I'll take the win, they're going to be hard to come by this year. Check out the Irish schedule sometime. Ouch.

The Irish looked bad today because they are bad. Watching this game was so fucking frustrating I wanted to wanted to punch a hole in the fucking television. Danny Hope insists on starting and playing Caleb Terbush even though he's a fucking horseshit quarterback. He plays him for a quarter and the offense sputters. Then he puts in Robert Marve and he leads the team to their first TD of the game towards the end of the 2nd quarter. So naturally he takes Marve out to start the third quarter and puts TerBush back in. He doesn't do shit and even gives the Irish a field goal after throwing a pick deep in our own territory. Hope's coaching decisions are completely inexplicable. He's a fucking joke.

And I don't want to hear any bullshit about penalties or officiating. To be clear, Purdue lost this game because of poor fucking coaching, but they certainly didn't get any help from the officials. On ND's last drive, there was a bullshit holding call, and a huge no call on third down when the Irish converted but snapped the ball after the play clock had expired. Both of those were huge, and they both went against Purdue.

Bottom line: it's going to be a long year for Purdue if we can't stick with one fucking quarterback. I'm so tired of Hope already, and it's only the second game of the year. The good news for the Boilers is that the defense played well enough to win but couldn't overcome the mistakes of the offense. Also, ND is fucking horseshit. They don't deserve to be ranked. I can't wait until they play a decent team and get fucking ass raped. They're also fucking dirty. Two personal foul calls today for nailing Purdue players well after the whistle was over. The players are fucking classless and so are the coaches. Christ, I hate that fucking school.

well even nostradamus was a little off on his predictions....maybe i was a year off on miss st...they looked good today..that little 4 ft tall RB they got with arms like a 5 gallon bucket...is a sawed off monster. and that OB they have can actually throw. the talk last year at miss st was vick ballard. that rb they had today had more yards today the first half then ballard did the whole game last year (guessing) . and i guess michigan never found anything to go with the qb if so they would have been hell. a pro team needs to pick him up he would make a hell of a punt/kick off return guy. if you like or hate michigan...that guy has a lot of talent..hes got the kind of moves he may go the distance anytime he touches the ball..i picture him catching a little swing pass out of the backfield in the wildcat. bottom line michigan is not as good this year as they was last year. i still say...im afraid bama is not going to be as good as the last three years...the teams they have played dont rate high on my scale (other than michigan qb) . lets keep in mind...georgia welcomed a good team to the SEC today missing 4 starters from the 10 they returned from last years SEC championship. i think the strength in the SEC this year is georgia and miss st...this coming from a die hard alabama fan

well even nostradamus was a little off on his predictions....maybe i was a year off on miss st...they looked good today..that little 4 ft tall RB they got with arms like a 5 gallon bucket...is a sawed off monster. and that OB they have can actually throw. the talk last year at miss st was vick ballard. that rb they had today had more yards today the first half then ballard did the whole game last year (guessing) . and i guess michigan never found anything to go with the qb if so they would have been hell. a pro team needs to pick him up he would make a hell of a punt/kick off return guy. if you like or hate michigan...that guy has a lot of talent..hes got the kind of moves he may go the distance anytime he touches the ball..i picture him catching a little swing pass out of the backfield in the wildcat. bottom line michigan is not as good this year as they was last year. i still say...im afraid bama is not going to be as good as the last three years...the teams they have played dont rate high on my scale (other than michigan qb) . lets keep in mind...georgia welcomed a good team to the SEC today missing 4 starters from the 10 they returned from last years SEC championship. i think the strength in the SEC this year is georgia and miss st...this coming from a die hard alabama fan

I wouldn't be so quick to drink the Miss St Kool-Aid. Auburn certainly has some weaknesses, but they lost that game for one
major reason, BAD coaching.

When Chizik was chosen as the Auburn head coach, I knew right away that it was monumentally stupid, but I gave him a chance for one simple reason, he hired Gus Malzahn. When Malzahn left at the end of last season, I knew it was going to be a downhill ride, but I didn't think it would be so quick.

Still, Miss St could have a good year. With the exceptions of Bama & LSU, their schedule is soft. Arkansas isn't near as good as anyone thought (OMG, how did they lose that one last night), neither is Tennessee. Right now, if State is as good as everyone believes, they should be undefeated when they travel to Bama. We'll see...

Danny Hope insists on starting and playing Caleb Terbush even though he's a fucking horseshit quarterback. He plays him for a quarter and the offense sputters. Then he puts in Robert Marve and he leads the team to their first TD of the game towards the end of the 2nd quarter. So naturally he takes Marve out to start the third quarter and puts TerBush back in.

Yeah I have to agree that was a real :wtf: moment.

i think the strength in the SEC this year is georgia and miss st...this coming from a die hard alabama fan

:eek: :eek: :D
I think you'll beat 'em both.
I'm not sold yet on Miss St, but you're right, their new QB can pass some, which opens up their game plan a bit.

i dont know man...i just dont feel as good this year about bama...i hope you right but as someone else said no tea for me yet. and has anyone even mentioned that rb miss st has...hes like a low fast cannon ball...much better than ballard imo . im the only one on the boat bodie..plenty of seats left lol. and o by the way..in case some of you wanna get it in early. Michigan is -46 this week against mass...i know you already in line but i thought i would remind you.......:facepalm: i wonder if the rest of the team is going to show up with the qb this week

Last edited:
i dont know man...i just dont feel as good this year about bama...i hope you right but as someone else said no tea for me yet. and has anyone even mentioned that rb miss st has...hes like a low fast cannon ball...much better than ballard imo . im the only one on the boat bodie..plenty of seats left lol. and o by the way..in case some of you wanna get it in early. Michigan is -46 this week against mass...i know you already in line but i thought i would remind you.......:facepalm: i wonder if the rest of the team is going to show up with the qb this week

Bama's QB is better than last year, but I still wouldn't call him a good QB.

I want to say their offensive line is better, but truthfully, they haven't been tested. I thought next week would have been their first test, but after Arkie's performance last week, I doubt it.

Probably the only test they'll have this year is LSU. The LSU coaches have said their defense is better than last year, and they said that after they dumped Tyrann Mathieu. If that's true, YIKES!

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Purdue QB Robert Marve tore his ACL. Again. So that means a whole season with Caleb TerBush and Rob Henry under center. :facepalm:

Here's comes a four win season. FML.

Bama's QB is better than last year, but I still wouldn't call him a good QB.

I want to say their offensive line is better, but truthfully, they haven't been tested. I thought next week would have been their first test, but after Arkie's performance last week, I doubt it.

Probably the only test they'll have this year is LSU. The LSU coaches have said their defense is better than last year, and they said that after they dumped Tyrann Mathieu. If that's true, YIKES!

i think your still right about a test with ark...monroe is scrappy dont go to sleep..they got in the back door on bama one time..fact is you will see the very best ark can be this week...scary......

auburn -16.5 against monroe this week....i know you guys is lining up for some of that!:update::suspicious:

Conference W/L% Rankings for Wk 2:
1st - Big XII 15-2 (.882)
2nd - ACC 18-6 (.750)
3rd - Pac 12 17-6 (.739)
4th - SEC 19-8 (.704)
5th - Big Ten 16-8 & IA Ind. 4-2 (.667)
7th - WAC 8-5 (.615)
8th - Big East 9-6 (.600)
9th - Sun Belt 11-8 (.579)
10th - MAC 11-15 (.423)
11th - C-USA 6-16 (.375)
12th - Mt. West 6-12 (.333)

Surprising to see the WAC ahead of the Big East to start, especially since that conference will be gone after the year. Also of note, the SEC having 14 teams is acting as a mediator of sorts, pushing the records towards the mean. It's also mildly shocking to see the SBC above .500 after two weeks considering their propensity to get scheduled by SEC/Big XII heavies.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab-...QDBHBzdGNhdANuY2FhZgRwdANzZWN0aW9ucw--;_ylv=3

Notre Dame joins the ACC in all sports except football, though they will commit to playing a minimum of 5 ACC opponents each year. Interesting.

I think it was last year, in the 2011/2012 thread where I commented the ACC was a better fit than the Big 10, or any other conference, because the ACC would be willing to make concessions that other conferences would not. This definitely helps Notre Dame, but falls short of what they really need to do. Play a true conference schedule. This is due to a lack of long-term vision on their part. With the continuing trend of conference realignment, I think they will come to realize that, but it will most likely take years for them to understand this.

jinxypie

Official Checked Star Member
Notre Dame joins the ACC in all sports except football, though they will commit to playing a minimum of 5 ACC opponents each year. Interesting.

*sigh*
I remember when being in the ACC meant you were in the Atlantic States. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland... Those were the days.

:rolleyes:

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
*sigh*
I remember when being in the ACC meant you were in the Atlantic States. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland... Those were the days.

:rolleyes:

Just as well with the SEC.

you guys better jump on it its getting so sweet i cant stand it auburn was -16.5 :bigjump: -17 now...sounds like someone is thinking ark must be awful.................bama is 21 over ark can ark be thaT bad??? i am taking auburn - the points...and we will see where the boat goes from there

Status
Not open for further replies.