• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

$200 a barrel.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
In his opening address of a rare OPEC summit, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez warned the United States on Saturday that oil prices would further surge if the U.S. contemplates an attack against his country or Iran.
The summit of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries opened Saturday in Saudi Arabia, with heads of states and delegates from 12 of the world's biggest oil-producing nations listening to a recitation from the Quran.

After the quotes from Islam's holy book, Chavez warned that the U.S. should not target OPEC members for foreign policy reasons.

"If the United States attempts the madness of invading Iran or attacking Venezuela again, the price of oil is probably going to reach $200, not just $100," Chavez said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8SVK7B00&show_article=1

I didn't need to know that, or maybe I did. :( :dunno:

There are two sides to every story. Unfortunately the US' story is very different from a lot of the rest of the world.

If USD200/barrel is such a bad idea, why is the Fed working so hard on making it a reality? :confused:

If "Big Ben" continues to flood the markets with newly minted dollars in order to bail out the Fed's owners -- the large Wall Street banks -- depreciation alone will push oil to 200.

If USD200/barrel is such a bad idea, why is the Fed working so hard on making it a reality? :confused:

If "Big Ben" continues to flood the markets with newly minted dollars in order to bail out the Fed's owners -- the large Wall Street banks -- depreciation alone will push oil to 200.

I would think sooner or later the world will start basing the price of oil on another currency than the dollar.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I'll let this thread build some more before I jump in.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Tax time is coming up! Finally!

I am not defending Hugo Chavez or Iran. However, it seems every time a developing nation wants to control their own natural resources they become enemies of the USA. Especially if there is oil involved. Just a coincidence?

Facetious

Moderated
Hey, No big f'en deal, we'll get used to it. I actually heard the mention of "3" hundred per barrel, a few days ago.

~ Time to go buy more ammo & dry non - perishable groceries. Ha ha . . or not !

ANWR - Kick down - Drill ^ Up !

Your / Our resident tranquility is dependent upon rational fuel sources, if you're bright enough to follow the cycle of, for remedial example . . . how the loaf of bread is mfgd. - start to finish. :rolleyes:
Every mfged good is solely dependent on the availability / capacity of a fuel to create, market and distribute the them !

F.O. OPEC ! Drill up our territories 'till the nuke infrastructure is completed (A dozen + years )
You can't win for dying
. duh :rolleyes:

I hope we never get to that point. I hope by the time oil is $200 per barrel that we have moved on to other sources of energy. (Although I'm sure that we will encounter the price).

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I am not defending Hugo Chavez or Iran. However, it seems every time a developing nation wants to control their own natural resources they become enemies of the USA. Especially if there is oil involved. Just a coincidence?

The U.S. is a powerful entity and not at all without its blame. But Chavez is a megalomaniac and this is a muscling tactic. On the other hand, both Chevrolet and Chrysler have unveiled their newest hydrogen fuel cell cars. Toyota and Honda plan to start commercial sales on the west coast and move eastward beginning in 2010. More and more hybrid and eco-friendly cars are coming out. It's a small beginning, but a beginning anyway. Take the muscle from the muscleman and what is he? Funny thing, though...how willing will the powers that be in Washington and the States to lose all of that gasoline tax??

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
The U.S. is a powerful entity and not at all without its blame. But Chavez is a megalomaniac and this is a muscling tactic. On the other hand, both Chevrolet and Chrysler have unveiled their newest hydrogen fuel cell cars. Toyota and Honda plan to start commercial sales on the west coast and move eastward beginning in 2010. More and more hybrid and eco-friendly cars are coming out. It's a small beginning, but a beginning anyway. Take the muscle from the muscleman and what is he? Funny thing, though...how willing will the powers that be in Washington and the States to lose all of that gasoline tax??

The sooner they get these cars into Britain the better ;)

$200-$300/barrel of oil will sure impact the behaviour of our driving.

People are still driving when they pay three bucks per gallon.

Wait until $10.00 buck per dollars, see only the rich can afford to drive.

EU is already paying much higher price and people are still driving !

Not alone ...

Fewer and fewer kids around the world are wanting to befriend the schoolyard bully.
Except for the 50 some-odd of its allies which benefit from its actions. ;)
No offense AFA, but this one even surprises me.

Sometimes you can politically create a bully you don't like, to get the focus off your own actions. ;)
As many European countries question Chavez, "okay, you can pin a lot on the US, but what does that have to do with your stealing billions of our equipment and investments?"

There is a reason why the US is an "ally" of many nations.
It's because they know many countries bark, but they don't bite, when it comes to crossing us.