• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

14 Propaganda Techniques Fox "News" Uses to Brainwash Americans

During the Bush administration's war in Iraq and Afghanistan, CNN and CNN Headline News constantly had a running tally of U.S. military personnel killed. This was part of their news and news ticker at the bottom of the screen every half hour.
tumblr_l0jh0ncSg61qz9bwro1_250.gif

You're just making shit up now....All those 'librul' media outlets were the ones cheerleading and drumming up support for those wars

Again, opposition to 'neocon' talking points doesn't mean 'liberal' or 'left'. Democrats / Obama ISN'T 'left'. Obama has gone above and beyond the policies of his predecessor and is actually more right-wing than Ronald Reagan
Just point out, link, quote a current headline from one of these sources that isn't enabling corporate/political powers-that-be and is advocating for the rights of the consumers or a victim of hegemonic powers. I'd assume it would be easy as fuck considering how sold y'all are on how prevalent the MSM is 'lbrul'

Juliuscaesar

Closed Account
This is exactly the kind of crap that comes out of the mouth of someone who watches a network that gets its ass kicked in the ratings month after month by Fox. All you're doing is reciting the crap that those other networks are saying because they've been getting killed for years. Let me guess ... you watch MSBC, right? Fox gets ripped for being biased, but no one says shit about the official news network for the Democratic party aka MSNBC. So, I assume you get your "serious enlightenment" by reading The Huffington Post and watching Bill Maher's show and Michael Moore movies (oh, sorry, I meant to say "documentaries"). I'm guessing you've never actually watched FoxNews at all have you -- at least beyond the out-of-context clips shown by Keith Olbermann and Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert? I watch both Fox and CNN 50-50, and 90 percent of the actual news reported on their respective NEWSCASTS are exactly the same thing. So where's the faux news coming from if they're essentially reporting the same things? The only difference between the networks is the OPINION shows. Trust me, Sean Hannity doesn't speak for moderate conservatives. Neither does Glenn Beck. O'Reilly, for all his bombast, is actually pretty even-handed and spends half his time defending Obama and his incompetence. Talking out of your ass like this just means YOUR skull is as numb as scar tissue.

Whew...anyone have a match??:flame:

Again, Faux is purely and simply in the entertainment business and their audience is the so called conservative. They're in the entertainment business cloaked in the facade of serious news.

They (and those they entertain) have invested years creating the living myth that media is overtly biased using anecdotes and isolated incidents to the effect that it becomes their ubiquitous cover in practicing it.

What happens from this? Whenever Faux is caught spinning, ginning or outright misleading...their audience falls back on the criticism of mainstream media...They WANT the debate over 'news' to digress into the your spin versus our spin.

Point being is they (their audience) don't even want Faux in many cases to give them the straight dope...they expect Faux to create a cover or at minimum a spin.

That is pathetic and if you can't see the numbskullery in that then...well...uh..:o

Whew...anyone have a match??:flame:

Again, Faux is purely and simply in the entertainment business and their audience is the so called conservative. They're in the entertainment business cloaked in the facade of serious news.

They (and those they entertain) have invested years creating the living myth that media is overtly biased using anecdotes and isolated incidents to the effect that it becomes their ubiquitous cover in practicing it.

What happens from this? Whenever Faux is caught spinning, ginning or outright misleading...their audience falls back on the criticism of mainstream media...They WANT the debate over 'news' to digress into the your spin versus our spin.

Point being is they (their audience) don't even want Faux in many cases to give them the straight dope...they expect Faux to create a cover or at minimum a spin.

That is pathetic and if you can't see the numbskullery in that then...well...uh..:o
:facepalm:

So all the segments on O'Reilly (and other shows) about illegal immigration, the BP oil spill, the war in Iraq, the overwhelming support the media gave to Savior Obama (FACTUALLY reported, with FACTS) etc. etc. etc. aren't news?

What are you smokin' today, son?

So all the segments on O'Reilly (and other shows) about illegal immigration, the BP oil spill, the war in Iraq, the overwhelming support the media gave to Savior Obama (FACTUALLY reported, with FACTS) etc. etc. etc. aren't news?

What are you smokin' today, son?

They're in the entertainment business cloaked in the facade of serious news.

Maybe you'll read it this time.

whats funny is ANY of you defending the shitty product of American 'journalism' or the major news networks, regardless of whatever 'bias' you think the other has.

Juliuscaesar

Closed Account
Maybe you'll read it this time.

Well...you know what they say about opinions. This is the most retarded thing I think I have ever read on here. :facepalm:

I suppose you think O'Reilly's THREE university degrees (one from Harvard and one from BU, mind you) are a "facade" as well. :rofl:

I'd trust the likes of a person with such a distinguished educational record (not to mention a LONG time as a reporter and educator) more than I ever would likes of a bi-polar-like poster like you, who believes in the 2nd Amendment and the death penalty, but rails on and on and on on the board posting nothing but extremely far-left drivel. :1orglaugh

This is the most retarded thing I think I have ever read on here.
It ISSS???:surprise: I suppose you don't read you own stuff too much because you've just trumped anything remotely 'retarded' I've read here 2 paragraphs down.
I suppose you think O'Reilly's THREE university degrees (one from Harvard and one from BU, mind you) are a "facade" as well. :rofl:

I'd trust the likes of a person with such a distinguished educational record (not to mention a LONG time as a reporter and educator) more than I ever would likes of a bi-polar-like individual like you, who believes in the 2nd Amendment and the death penalty, but rales on and on and on on the board posting nothing but real far-left drivel. :1orglaugh

I never asked you once to trust me. I post what I think and it's either a fact or not, reasonable or not. Besides, trusting someone isn't or shouldn't be about how many alphabets they managed to stick behind their name.

Speaking of (un)reasonable...how the fuck and in what universe do you square the statement of me posting "nothing" but real far-left drivel in the same breath as you saying I believe in the 2nd amendment and the death penalty???

Presumably you know this by virtue of me posting my positions and opinions on them here, right?

:Face-palm:

(I don't think it's too late in the day to go back to sleep for you, wake up then try starting over.)

It ISSS???:surprise: I suppose you don't read you own stuff too much because you've just trumped anything remotely 'retarded' I've read here 2 paragraphs down.

I never asked you once to trust me. I post what I think and it's either a fact or not, reasonable or not. Besides, trusting someone isn't or shouldn't be about how many alphabets they managed to stick behind their name.

Speaking of (un)reasonable...how the fuck and in what universe do you square the statement of me posting "nothing" but real far-left drivel in the same breath as you saying I believe in the 2nd amendment and the death penalty???

Presumably you know this by virtue of me posting my positions and opinions on them here, right?

:Face-palm:

(I don't think it's too late in the day to go back to sleep for you, wake up then try starting over.)

The absolute majority of posts you spew on here are very, very far left. You don't telegraph that you are a 2A guy (that I can recall) but man, you are by far one of the farthest left (consistent) posters.

The absolute majority of posts you spew on here are very, very far left. You don't telegraph that you are a 2A guy but man, you are by far one of the farthest left (consistent) posters.

You either don't read my posts or (don't) know what the hell you're talking about because you make absolutely no sense.

Case in point...where from can you (EVER) conclude on the facts that I am left, far left or the farthest left, etc., etc., etc., if you've (actually) read my posts and positions on the 2nd Amendment, the death penalty, the war in Afghanistan, etc?:confused:

Answer, you read what you wanted to read.:2 cents:

The aim was to show that if you replaced a few words in your sentence it's no different than your counterpart saying the same thing.

The aim was to show that if you replaced a few words in your sentence it's no different than your counterpart saying the same thing.

That's fine. And my aim was to show you to use your own statements to convey a contradictory point the next time instead of violating board rules.:2 cents:

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
yeah, its no secret.

in essence, the news should be dishing out the facts, without comment or opinion, but that, obviously, never happens.

i refuse to watch the news.

Juliuscaesar

Closed Account
Obama%20signs%20wrong%20year%20on%20guest%20book%20as%202008%20its%202011.jpg

Considering all the "reality" rubbish they play on those networks I'm sure Hot Mega eats it all up with a spoon. :)

I don't watch reality shit...and speaking of spoons and fixings...stand by...

Signed,

Last laugher