• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Young Voters Call GOP ‘Closed-Minded,’ ‘Racist,’ and ‘Solely For The Rich'

Republicans have a "dismal present situation" among young voters who believe the party is "closed-minded, racist, rigid" and "old-fashioned," according to a College Republican National Committee (CNRC) report.

Be it too much attention on cutting taxes and government programs or Republican candidates' "outrageous rhetoric" in the 2012 presidential election, college students said they felt alienated from the GOP - even when these individuals agreed with policies in the party's platform.

The 95-page study, "Grand Old Party for a Brand New Generation," obtained by CBSNews.com prior to its Monday release, analyzes Republicans' success and failures during the 2012 presidential election on issues ranging from the economy and immigration to reproductive rights and gay marriage.

President Obama won 60 percent of this young demographic in his reelection victory.

"We believe that Republicans can win young voters but that it will require a significantly different approach than has been used in recent elections," the report said. It listed Ronald Reagan's 1984 victory when he won 59 percent of the youth vote as a goal to replicate.

CRNC interviewed 1,600 registered voters between 18- and 29-years-old nationwide during January 2013, as well as six focus groups of Hispanics, Asian-Americans, single women, and economically struggling men and entrepreneurs in Ohio, Florida and California.

Troubling statistics riddled the report: 25 percent of respondents said they wouldn't vote for a candidate that opposes same-sex marriage. Another 54 percent said taxes on the wealthy should increase (as Democrats recommend); just three percent aligned with Republican policies that urge the opposite.

"If this is the generation that we are, we are getting older and if you are expecting to stay around then you are going to have to change some of the things that you do," a focus group respondent said.

Because candidates focus was on tax reductions and small business regulation in 2012 without a priority on explanation for how these benefit economic prosperity, young voters said they felt the GOP lacks policy to build up those who have just entered the job market.

"We've become the party that will pat you on your back when you make it, but won't offer you a hand to help you get there," the report said. "If we don't believe that Republicans are the 'fend for yourself' party, then it's time for us to explain why - and to show our work."

Focus on how conservative economic policy benefits a swath of Americans, instead of the elite-dominated language that commandeered the last election, would better appeal to the young voters, according to the report.

"Our research finds both a dismal present situation and an incredible opportunity for turning the GOP brand around," the report said.

Though results indicated Republicans don't need to change their opinions on abortion, candidates must be careful to distinguish this stance from those on contraceptives, rape and Planned Parenthood as such debates can contribute to the "closed-minded" attitude that distances the party from college students, according to the report.

The study reflects similar results to conclusions in a March Republican National Committee (RNC) report which analyzed the party across demographics from the same 2012 races. RNC Chairman Reince Priebus ordered the "Growth and Opportunity Project" report in December after Mitt Romney lost the presidential election.

A perceived lack of caring resonated as an issue in both reports. For example, young Latino voters, like their older counterparts, said they felt Republicans didn't value them - or understand the differences between legal and illegal immigrants, or children of the latter group.

"In the short term, the party ought to promote the diversity of thought within its ranks and make clear that we welcome healthy debate on the policy topic at hand," the CRNC report said.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162...s-gop-has-dismal-situation-with-young-voters/

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
Sounds about right.

Wanna know why the younger voters don't like GOP ?
Listen at how Bill O'Reilly despises younger voters : "Why should I care about that study or why should the Republican partuy care about a bunch of kids who don't know anything and they like the guy [Obama] because he's flashy".
Listen to these two ladies who actually are Republicans and have conducted a study which results are quite disturbing for the GOP and he doesn't like these results. Listen to these ladies explaining why the younger voters don't like GOP and how GOP could win back these voters and listen to O'Reilly concluding this interview by saying that it's just a matter of image and "personality", that it comes down to "a charismatic candidate that could reach younger people and use words they understand".

Congratulations Bill, you just proved that these younger voters nailed it, you just gave same one more reason not to vote for the Republicans, a reason to believe that GOP don't care about them : Because it's true ! Because Republicans despises them, they think younger voters are stupid, that they would vote for anyone that looks cool, no matter what he stands for.
These two ladies just explained how the GOP could make some little changes to win back younger voters and you just said them "Go to hell, hippies !" :facepalm:

Philbert

Banned

Young voters are pretty much "Closed-Minded,’ ‘Racist,’ and ‘Solely For Themselves'...Bill O is just a commentator, not the Republican Party, so what he says should mean nothing...you prove my point, as if "Jaywalking" hasn't done so countless times.:rofl2:

georges

Staff member
We will see how good will go the mid term elections for Obama after that we will see if the young voters are really able to analyze and understand the situation or not.

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
We will see how good will go the mid term elections for Obama after that we will see if the young voters are really able to analyze and understand the situation or not.
So analyse the situation for us boy, what do you understand it to be?

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Thanks Bill. You are a fucking idiot. The study is what it is, young people that vote. True that the youth vote is smaller than the older vote. True that they are less informed than the older voters. True that they have lived less of life's experiences than the older voters. Do we not consider their opinions when they take the effort to go to the polls? Bill doesn't. He called the kids stupid. Dude, young republican voters are watching your show and you just insulted them. Nice move pal. In retail it takes 7 times more effort and money to get a customer back than to get new ones and keep the ones you have. But hey, Bill just sells books and couldn't give a rat's ass what the rest of the world does or thinks.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
True that they are less informed than the older voters.
This I'd need to see some data for before I believe it. While I've met plenty in the young and dumb category, I've never met anyone more rigidly attached to partisan dogma than some older voters and I think we can all agree that being interested yet swallowing the party line is hardly 'more informed'.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
You don't get to call yourself informed if your sole source of information is Fox News.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
You don't get to call yourself informed if your sole source of information is Fox News.

Likewise with CNN? I would assume this is another one of those situations where both sides are just as evil as the other.

The way I see it is, the young voters have seen A LOT of plundering, and cluster fucking of their rights, and their futures, by previous administrations, and voted the way they did, because it was an "anybody but those guys" kind of situation.

I try my best to be informed as much as possible...problem is, none of them can, or will give you everything you want, so then you need to prioritize issues, and decide what's most important to you....that leaves you voting for people that may very well have idiotic ideas, in many other important areas.

True that they are less informed than the older voters.
Differently informed would be a better word
Some may say younger voters get there informations by watching The Daily Show. Some older voters get it by listening to The Rush Limbaugh Show. I don't think Rush's show is a better way to be informed than Jon's show...

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
What I ment by less informed is that younger voters do not get as involved in the political process. You never see them at the polls for midterm or local elections. These voters have also been exposes to fewer national elections. By no means should we call them stupid. Anything before Bush is ancient history and during this time the GOP hasn't had a message or candidate making an effort to reach out to them.