• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Xbox One

What I did like was the instant transitions from TV to Games to Internet to Music and so forth by voice commands and using those through a split screen look aswell if you wanted. Although I wouldn't likely use voice commands much I hope its just as fast through the controller interface.

From
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-hardware-and-specs/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget
-
Processor and graphics: as rumored, a heavily customized AMD chip that combines an eight-core CPU, a GPU tailored for DirectX 11.1 graphics and 32MB of high bandwidth embedded ESRAM memory. The 28nm chip will consume around 100 watts, which is slightly higher than current Xbox Slim and PS3, but Microsoft promises noise from the cooling fans will be "four times quieter."

System memory: a Sony-rivaling 8GB of RAM, although it'll be DDR3 instead of the PlayStation 4's GDDR5.

Audio and video: 1080p and 4K both supported; 7.1 surround sound.

Kinect: This will be bundled with the console and contain 250,000-pixel infrared depth sensor as well as a regular 720p web cam.

Storage and media: a hard drive of unknown speed or capacity plus a Blu-ray / DVD combo drive that will be used as little as possible. We're told disc-based games will be ripped to the HDD automatically.

Connectivity: HDMI 1.4 output and passthrough; a "few" USB 3.0 ports; gigabit Ethernet; plus, three separate 802.11n radios to allow the console to communicate with its controller (over a form of WiFi Direct) as well as other devices (such as perhaps other Windows-based phones and tablets) without losing its connection to the internet. At other times, two radios could be used to maintain a stronger WiFi signal.
-

More details down the road and during E3

xbox-0025-640x307.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

More info:
http://gizmodo.com/the-new-xbox-everything-you-need-to-know-about-microso-509033619

Xbox One will have a 500gb drive and controllers will have trigger vibration itself + 39 other redesign optimizations/changes.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4348724/next-gen-xbox-one-controller

Yes not a good thing in my view. This was one of my top concerns in the next gen. I buy and borrow used games more often than purchasing new.

Curious to know how high these fees will be exactly or whether they will have different fee options aswell.

Yes not a good thing in my view. This was one of my top concerns in the next gen. I buy and borrow used games more often than purchasing new.

Curious to know how high these fees will be exactly or whether they will have different fee options aswell.

Yeah, that's gonna suck for people who only buy used games or have Gamefly. I mostly buy games new but every now and then I pick up a used game that I might have missed out on. Having games tied to accounts pretty much means that you don't own the game you just bought, you just rented the license. I don't know what's gonna be said at E3 but if Microsoft doesn't address this, then a lot of people are going to factoring this into their buying equation.

It having a fee for used games makes it any decision of ever getting this VERY easy for me now as I will never even consider getting this console.

I don't care about looks that much but it looks like a retro VHS player with a shiny black finish. :1orglaugh

The controller design is also incredibly horrible. I don't like the updated Playstation controller that much either, but compared to what they show up above it runs circles around it.

Yeah, that's gonna suck for people who only buy used games or have Gamefly.

The whole concept of charging for used games like this is stupid, but it's not only that. Think about a situation where you would want to take a game over to a friends house to play it when you go and see him for a day or two, for example. That's now impossible unless you want to kick in an actual monetary fee just to play somewhere else or lug around your whole console with you to do it. I'm also not trilled with the forced downloading all the games are going to be required in this system either.

They spent waaaaay too much time taking about all the stuff it could do that for the most part,had absolutely nothing to do with the games that are coming to the new console.

The EA stuff didn't really look any better than anything out now,and Forza is still just Forza,same goes for COD.

This whole dog and pony show was a complete fail in my book.

I saw the event, the controller look the same as the 360 controller, the consoles look like an DVD player, but who care as long it played video games. Too bad we didn't get to see Halo 5 but I hope that will be at E3. Also the new Madden look cool but NBA Live , have EA learned it lesson because that game is dead. NBA 2K is the king of basketball game. We have to wait on the price at E3. My guess it will be around $399.99

They spent waaaaay too much time taking about all the stuff it could do that for the most part,had absolutely nothing to do with the games that are coming to the new console.

The EA stuff didn't really look any better than anything out now,and Forza is still just Forza,same goes for COD.

This whole dog and pony show was a complete fail in my book.

I agree, I don't care for Kinect and watching TV on my Xbox, but finally we are going to get an live action Halo TV show on Xbox TV. I think Sony is going to win this next gen because they are more about games that I want to played, both consoles will be out this year and it doesn't look good for Wii U.

I'm not liking this convoluted used-game solution. I understand that this is their business and they're getting screwed on the second-hand market, that's why I've never had a problem with online passes. But this shit just sounds so overly-complicated and wasteful (game discs sound like they're just going to be the equivalent of trash after you install them). I think they should have just made an effort to make all new games downloadable from the XBL marketplace on their launch days, with incentives to entice people into buying them there, and... Keep some aspects of this new "disc code" stuff. Make it so if the code's been used, and someone buys the game used, they have to purchase a pass to play it when they pop it in the first time. 10-20$ would be reasonable depending on how long the game's been out for. Embed this prompt on the disc, so they have to do it whether they're online or offline.

Also, no backwards comparability = fuck that shit. The strange part is, despite all this, I'm in no way more interested in a PS4 for some reason.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Did they say anything about the function they talked about earlier this year, that you had to be connected to the internet to be able to play games? That was the dumbest fucking idea i´ve ever heard.

Did they say anything about the function they talked about earlier this year, that you had to be connected to the internet to be able to play games? That was the dumbest fucking idea i´ve ever heard.

They're kind of back tracking or at least being vague about that now. Last I read, you could play a single player game offline for up to 24 hours. Why 24? It's a good arbitrary number.

Also, no backwards comparability = fuck that shit. The strange part is, despite all this, I'm in no way more interested in a PS4 for some reason.

I am not surprised its not backward compatible but that doesn't mean it won't be possible. Sony will use the cloud to stream games like OnLive so M$ can do the same with their cloud service aswell.

But since they plan to keep the Xbox 360 going...
http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-teases-huge-xbox-360-announcement-for-e3-6408719
You would not be getting rid of that old 360 just yet.

For me its always been a trade up program to sell last gen consoles for extra $$ towards the next gen and less devices on my shelves to clean dust off of.

-

In the end, aside from the used game part that is still unclear, both consoles will look graphically the same so it will be about exclusive titles as usual and what more your console can do for you outside of gaming.

The answer is a vague yes and no. Like Animus said, you can play games offline but the console will have to have been connected to the internet for at least 24 hours for it to even function. Microsoft is also leaving it up to game publishers as to whether or not they have online only games. This is leading many to believe that this is the real reason EA has dropped the online pass program, because they are gonna go this route.

I understand that this is their business and they're getting screwed on the second-hand market, that's why I've never had a problem with online passes.

Really? How so? I see no legitimate significant reason anybody should think they are any more "screwed" on the second hand market than pretty much every other product in the world that is sold. They aren't any more screwed than when somebody decides to sell a used car, computer, piece of furniture, old clothing, DVD movie, or a book on the second hand market. In all those situations the original manufacturers don't receive any of the money from that sale. I don't see how the used video game market is any different or special than everything else.