• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Xbox 720 ?

Anyway . . . does anyone see themselves being an early adopter of Microsoft's next system given the questionable hardware of the 360? I confess I might give it a year to iron out the kinks.

Anyway . . . does anyone see themselves being an early adopter of Microsoft's next system given the questionable hardware of the 360? I confess I might give it a year to iron out the kinks.

I wouldn't buy any system on launch.I know that there's always going to be a large amount of people that have to have it on the first day,but fuck that noise.These days,all those people are essentially beta testers for the next batch of machines that will be better built.

I wouldn't buy any system on launch.I know that there's always going to be a large amount of people that have to have it on the first day,but fuck that noise.These days,all those people are essentially beta testers for the next batch of machines that will be better built.
i used to "have" to be like that but then you wait months for a game/games that YOU prefer to actually come out.

If I have cash to just throw at it when it comes out, then I'd probably pick it up pretty quick. I'm not gonna start tearing my hair out if I can't afford it right off the bat though.

Yes I would for sure. But it would have to have some new and unique features and games that are worth it. Also has to be priced right ofcoarse.

Yes I would for sure. But it would have to have some new and unique features and games that are worth it. Also has to be priced right ofcoarse.

This is one of the things that just floors me,how so many people will spend an exorbitant amount of money on a new console just to have it on the first day,games be damned,or anything else for that matter.

I remember when the PS3 first came out,I think it was something like $600!

With all of the broken promised,bugs,and general fuck ups with both Sony and Microsoft,who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a next gen console now?

I think they really need to watch themselves,because with the popularity of Steam,and that rumor of the Steambox(debunked),if they ever really decided to make it,and it were relatively cheap,it could punch a pretty big hole in the pockets of the big three,especially if it launched with Half Life 3!

This is one of the things that just floors me,how so many people will spend an exorbitant amount of money on a new console just to have it on the first day,games be damned,or anything else for that matter.

With all of the broken promised,bugs,and general fuck ups with both Sony and Microsoft,who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a next gen console now?

I think they really need to watch themselves,because with the popularity of Steam,and that rumor of the Steambox(debunked),if they ever really decided to make it,and it were relatively cheap,it could punch a pretty big hole in the pockets of the big three,especially if it launched with Half Life 3!

What is this steam and steambox? I've heard of it, but there isn't that much out there or they are keeping it hush hush

yeah i have never heard of it either...but any system that would come with HALF-LIFE 3!!!!!! I WILL BUY 1ST DAY!
i got both X360 & PS3 about a yr after release maybe a little less 8-9 months. i had RROD (but had it fixed &returned in under a week!) but other than that no issues with either. only thing is X360 runs SOOOO loud.

yeah i have never heard of it either...but any system that would come with HALF-LIFE 3!!!!!! I WILL BUY 1ST DAY!
i got both X360 & PS3 about a yr after release maybe a little less 8-9 months. i had RROD (but had it fixed &returned in under a week!) but other than that no issues with either. only thing is X360 runs SOOOO loud.

Im thinking of picking up on of the "Slim" ones because my old on seems like it's on it's way out. I hear that the new ones are damn near silent.

What is this steam and steambox? I've heard of it, but there isn't that much out there or they are keeping it hush hush

Steam is Valve's online gaming service that let's you download and play all of the games that they offer.They actually have quite a lot of games,some good,some not so good,but the key is that they are all download only games.The Steam Box was just a rumor that they later debunked,but make no mistake that if they find that it's economically viable for them,they will make it.The only set back I imagine is that you must be connected to the internet,which could potentially turn off some people,but I imagine that would be just the casual crowd.

Anyway,check out Steam and learn more about it.They just had a summer sale where they had some quality games for up to 70% off the retail price.

I will say this though,if you really want to take full advantage of what Steam has to offer,you'd better make sure that you have a decent computer with a decent graphics card.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(software)
http://store.steampowered.com/

Right, like i said if its priced right. I wouldnt buy any new gen console if $600 was the base price. Ive bought both Xbox and Xbox360 at launch and after tax, game or two and two controllers it came out to just under $600.

Im thinking of picking up on of the "Slim" ones because my old on seems like it's on it's way out. I hear that the new ones are damn near silent.

Ive upgraded 2 older Xbox 360s to the 4gb slims for $30. EB/Gamestop has $100 trade in program towards (any) new console purchase but I waited till boxing day and mid year when 360 slims were on sale for $130. Its been on sale 3 times since launch here for sure will happen again soon.

Steam is Valve's online gaming service that let's you download and play all of the games that they offer.They actually have quite a lot of games,some good,some not so good,but the key is that they are all download only games.The Steam Box was just a rumor that they later debunked,but make no mistake that if they find that it's economically viable for them,they will make it.The only set back I imagine is that you must be connected to the internet,which could potentially turn off some people,but I imagine that would be just the casual crowd.

Anyway,check out Steam and learn more about it.They just had a summer sale where they had some quality games for up to 70% off the retail price.

I will say this though,if you really want to take full advantage of what Steam has to offer,you'd better make sure that you have a decent computer with a decent graphics card.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(software)
http://store.steampowered.com/

i guess i can eliminate myself from this conversation

To be honest,I can't play most of the games on there either because my PC isn't a gaming rig,but you can still find some fun decent games that can run ok on a lower end rig.

To be honest,I can't play most of the games on there either because my PC isn't a gaming rig,but you can still find some fun decent games that can run ok on a lower end rig.

How do you look for the type of computer and stuff you are running? i am sure my computer is 8yrs old or more.with minimal upgrades

How do you look for the type of computer and stuff you are running? i am sure my computer is 8yrs old or more.with minimal upgrades

If it's eight years old,then You Might as well not even bother.

You are probably running XP with a gig of ram or less.

Anyway,I can't remember exactly where to look for it in XP,but it dig around for system properties.

windows XP- 2002 (is that the date it was bought/made?) 4 cpu 2.80ghz 1.25 gb ram.
i know i have added more memory into the tower and also have an external HD. i wish i knew how to look that up.

windows XP- 2002 (is that the date it was bought/made?) 4 cpu 2.80ghz 1.25 gb ram.
i know i have added more memory into the tower and also have an external HD. i wish i knew how to look that up.

I'm going to start charging per tech post here. 2002 is I think the service pack date. If you added more memory into it, then it should be reflected already. If you have an external hard drive, your main drives are usually labeled C (C drive.) If you have an external HD hooked up, you can open it up and it's usually labeled E or sometimes even F depending on how many things you have hooked up to the computer. If right click on the letter (like C) it will show you how much memory you used or is free.

Windows XP 2002 means the version/edition you have most likely. So it is possible that you bought that computer in 2002 but its also possible to have bought a computer yesterday with WinXP 2002 installed.