• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Xbox 360 3 red lights

turned my xbox on last night and ive got the 3 red lights.i think mine is from the very first batch because it dont have a HDMI port on it.will Microsoft still repair it?

also its startd freezin while in mid game play,duno if thats sumthing 2 do with the overheatin or something else.

Mine were caused by over heating i just got mine back a few days ago they changed a bunch of things. I'm on my second 360 first 3 rings of death on it, its broken down 4 times im sick of this fucking thing and i'm gonna sell it off. :mad: If your warrenty is still good with the story that you bought it from take it to them and they will ship it off to get it fixed if not then you gotta call microshit they will send you a box you put the 360 in and ship it to them i think its no charges. Goodluck.

same deal happend to mine freezed all the time then just stoped mine was also one of the first ones.
just call microsoft its no charge and if you play live say you were playing online then it froze then it stopped working and they will throw in 1 month free xbox live.
takes a while for them to fix

i just waitd 4 20 on hold tryin the speak 2 someone,that just took my whole work break up.i got mine off a mate with no box.ive emailed them so just gota wait 4 a reply now.

just spoke to them and as i got it off some bloke at work who got it of his mate i cant get it fixed for free,they want £60 to do it!

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
The PS3 don't get the 3 rings of death :D

thats what i said 2 her

£60 to get it fixed i may as well just move on 2 a PS3

she didnt have much to say after that,lol.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Heheheh, Good job :D

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
When I got my RROD a few months ago, I sent it off to microsoft and they reparied it for free. I checked the serial numbers and I actually got the same system back that I had sent it. I know some people who got a refurbished one. I'm glad I got the same one back so I can still use my DLC without having to be signed into live. All for free of charge. Took a couple weeks, but its been fine since I've gotten it back.

Spleen

Banned?
turned my xbox on last night and ive got the 3 red lights.i think mine is from the very first batch because it dont have a HDMI port on it.will Microsoft still repair it?

They will always fix an Xbox if it has the RRoD, no matter if your warranty is out or not.

Legzman

because they know they fucked up and should have never shipped any of them that way! They do it because it's much cheaper than dealing with lawsuits. I'm sure you could sue them for something if they refused to fix a problem that they know is a direct result of them cutting corners!

M$ put away $2billion of money away for fixing every single XBox360 in case it came in in anticipation of this BS. Reason I never did and never will buy one unless it's in bargain bin with the Gamecubes........

Just go PS3, 60 of any currency is too much to waste on a console you will have to ship back within a few months anyway.......

I got the red rings when I first got my 360 sent it to microsoft in their prepaid box and they sent me a brand new xbox in a week in a half because they couldn't repair it. I was happy though!!

Legzman

M$ put away $2billion of money away for fixing every single XBox360 in case it came in in anticipation of this BS. Reason I never did and never will buy one unless it's in bargain bin with the Gamecubes........

Just go PS3, 60 of any currency is too much to waste on a console you will have to ship back within a few months anyway.......

60 bucks? Mine lasted over a year before GTAIV killed it :1orglaugh

crazy as so far I've not had one problem with it since getting rockband 2 and I play the shit outta that game!

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Does the RROD still occur in the newer Elite versions?

Contrary to their press releases.. the problem is not solved, but the newer 360s are still pretty unreliable. 20% chance of RROD within the first 6 months, as I recall. Now that's just unacceptable as a GENERAL number. Not to mention that.. hey.. Xbox3 is going to fail simply because they drove away their customer base with all the faulty hardware.

Wii is popular for no real reason. Maybe a dozen great games and plenty of shovelware. (shit thrown at the public under the assumption that 'EVERYTHING IS FUN WITH A WiiMOTE CONTROL AND SOME WHACKY CUTE CHARACTERS! BUY THIS!'

Wii is a WTF console. Waving sticks in the air like a dipshit isn't fun. Even the most fun games on Wii are not fun. Just like the Gamecube, it's shit. Nintendo lost it's touch from the late eighty's and early nineties.

And a 20% failure rate in half a year for a 360? Fuck that.

Legzman

lets not forget that the PS4 will be dramatically overpriced!