• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Why the quote marks? Or rather, why the quote marks there? By "supposed" do you mean Danny Bry isn't really supposed to be the new Stone Cold? If so, I agree with you, he isn't. He's a babyface that got shafted by the (extended) McMahon family, but there the similarities end.

"supposed" meaning poor replacement for....

WWE Raw: The Rhodes Family are in the house and Los Matadores debut

Some well-travelled Rhodes will appear on Monday Night Raw.

Dusty Rhodes and his sons, Cody and Goldust, have all been invited to WWE's flagship show by the company's chief operating officer Triple H after weeks of tension that has included Dusty being knocked out and Cody getting fired.

The younger Rhodes boys made their presence felt on last Monday's Raw, emerging from the crowd to attack the Shield before the black-clad renegades engaged in their 11-on-3 handicap match against Superstars such as Daniel Bryan and the Usos.

So what will transpire when the Rhodes clan descend on Mississippi - and will the night end with them battered and bruised like previous weeks? Watch Raw live or set your boxes to record to see all the drama...

However, with Battleground less than a week away, plenty of WWE Superstars will be aiming to gain some vital momentum and the following questions are likely to be answered...

- What will occur when bullfighting tag team Los Matadores make their debut?

- Will Randy Orton continue the aggressive streak that has hurt RVD and The Miz?

- Will CM Punk seek revenge on Curtis Axel, Ryback and Paul Heyman?

- Will Big Show lose patience with the McMahon family's regime?

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/i...ivaschamp_002_crop_north.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

AJ Lee vs. Paige Is WWE Divas Feud That Must Happen

AJ Lee vs. Paige is a dream Divas feud that need not be confined to dreams.

WWE's two female champions are too popular, too talented and too complementary to not have collided onscreen. Picking who might next challenge Curtis Axel for the Intercontinental title or who would most benefit Bray Wyatt in the ring are dilemmas that could be dissected and discussed at length.

However, the question of how best to move forward in the Divas division is a no-brainer.

In sports, there's no guarantee that the two best teams face off, no guarantee that the fight that the fans want materializes. Injuries, upsets and other factors derail these dream matchups.

WWE has far more control in making sure those anticipated bouts happen.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/image.../ajlee-paige1-635x846_original.jpg?1380225378

From friends to foes?
For now, AJ appears to be heading for a collision with Natalya. The two had a spat at the announcers' table that had the feel of a feud brewing.

Pitting the best female mat wrestler against the Divas champ is a wise move, but what happens after that?

AJ forces Natalya to tap. (Photo: WWE.com)
Natalya and AJ can be a compelling feud, one that results in a number of quality matches. Eventually, though, one of them will win out, and AJ will be in need of a new foe. The prospect of AJ facing either the Funkdactyls or the Bellas has little sizzle to it. The matches are bound to underwhelm.

Naomi's agility aside, there's not a lot to get excited about from that set of foes. Why drag down AJ's title reign and momentum with a rivalry opposite a Diva who won't elevate her?

Insert Paige into that picture, and electricity will flow through the Division.

Paige has the in-ring ability to create show-stealing matches with AJ. Her viciousness is compelling, and her intensity will provide the kind of spark that is lacking in the Divas division.

Her skills were on full display in a bout against Emma for the NXT Women's Championship:
Picture that warrior battling AJ, dodging her Shining Wizard and matching AJ's energy in the ring. A Paige and AJ feud has the potential to lead to the best match we've seen from two Divas in a long while.

A well-told story that provided motivation made Kaitlyn vs. AJ at Payback an engrossing bout. Give Paige and AJ the same amount of airtime building to their climactic battle, and the results will have fans abuzz about the Divas division.

AJ has trashed the women from Total Divas. She's boasted about being better than a reality-show star and claimed to be better than all of her peers.

This is where Paige becomes necessary.

Should AJ continue to prove that she is indeed better than her foes, besting them like she did at Night of Champions, the story soon gets old. Domination is only fun to watch for so long.

Eventually AJ needs an equal, a woman who hasn't been defeated on TV time and time again.

Someone with Paige's tough aura, infectious attitude and brawling ability gives AJ more than a challenge; it makes her Divas Championship reign a tenuous one. There isn't a more fitting foe for the champ.

WWE can't miss out on a chance to pit the best against the best, to have two lionesses tear into each other with the audience unable to look away.

WWE Battleground 2013: Full Odds for Possible Superstar Returns at PPV
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/image...03/371/776/edge20_crop_650x440.jpg?1380352681

Since WE Battleground constitutes as a pay-per-view, returns from high-profile WWE superstars are deemed necessary. The WWE Twitter account is already tinkering around with teasers of a possible Undertaker return, so one can only dream right?

With WWE airing the second of three pay-per-views in a one month span, the most low-profile pay-per-view events of the trio will benefit from a boost in star power.

WWE Battleground currently offers nothing in star power, so perhaps a return or two could at least help boost pay-per-view buys ahead of WWE's first-time offering.

Potential returns will be graded on popularity with fans and how well these returns could fit in with ongoing angles.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/509/118/goldust_crop_north.jpg?w=200&h=126 Wrestlers Who Deserve Another WWE Run

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/i...9/Eva_Maxim_1_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75
WWE is high on new Diva Eva Marie. They see big things in her future, even if she isn't the best technical wrestler around.

Right now, the company thinks all it has to do is find the right role for her.

As WrestlingInc, via F4Wonline, notes:

People within WWE have acknowledged that Eva Marie comes off on TV like a star, whether she can wrestle or not. The idea is they have to figure out a role for her.

WWE management being so firmly behind the star isn't truly a shock.

Eva Marie, a performer on E! reality show Total Divas, is, simply put, gorgeous. She's got the cover-girl looks the company seems to overwhelmingly prefer in its women.

The 29-year-old has an impressive modelling portfolio, too, having appeared on the cover of magazines like Maxim, Glam Fit and Iron Man.

Maybe the company sees her as the new Torrie Wilson or Sable? A hot woman who can get over the crowds and appeal to the mainstream, despite not being capable of any decent matches.

The problem is that, apart from her looks, Eva Marie doesn't seem to have much to offer wrestling.

Total Divas has already chronicled her hilariously inept attempts to wrestle. It would be unfair to flat-out say she's never going to be a good in-ring performer, but it doesn't look too good at the moment.

And for all the talk of her "star quality," she doesn't really stand out much on the show. Along with JoJo Offerman, she seems to be an after thought on the programme, something A.J Lee drew attention to in her now-famous shoot promo on Raw a few weeks ago.

And the less said about the Diva's promo skills, the better. I'll let this unintentionally funny clip of her trash talking and slapping Jerry Lawler speak for itself.

Is WWE right to have faith in Eva Marie? Or is she simply another doomed-to-fail model in the Ashley Massaro or Christy Hemme mold?

Royal Rumble 2014.....they put the Tag belts on the Old Age Outlaws?!?!?!?! Really? REALLY????? Jeez, how much HHH d*ck do you have to suck at that company now to make sure he doesn't screw you over?!?!?!

Guess Kane didn't suck HHH enough either....or else maybe they would have let him eliminate just a couple of guys to get the elimination total record, before Punk eliminated him ( talk about quashing that naturally building rivalry FAST!!!)....but, nope, gotta protect HHH's bestest buddy Shawn Michaels record!

Someone ask Kevin Nash how HHH tastes though.

Wow, check out the 2002 Triple H vendetta coming back out to play.

Royal Rumble 2014.....they put the Tag belts on the Old Age Outlaws?!?!?!?! Really? REALLY????? Jeez, how much HHH d*ck do you have to suck at that company now to make sure he doesn't screw you over?!?!?!

It was time to start the slow-burn towards the Rhodes split, and other than The Shield who are on the verge of their own split, I can't think of any other decent heel team to transition the belts from Cody & Goldie to, my guess is, the Usos, unless they called up the Ascension. Plus, old or not, the Outlaws get a reaction. If you're good enough, you're young enough.

I'm guessing the rest of the post was made before the Rumble ended since....

Guess Kane didn't suck HHH enough either....or else maybe they would have let him eliminate just a couple of guys to get the elimination total record, before Punk eliminated him ( talk about quashing that naturally building rivalry FAST!!!)

.... other than Kane coming back and costing Punk. And battering him.

nope, gotta protect HHH's bestest buddy Shawn Michaels record!

.... who gives a fuck? Roman Reigns broke the record for the most eliminations in one night and his push towards stardom continued, Sheamus got a great response on his return, Batista won the thing. These are the in-ring things people will talk about. As for Kane, he battered Punk and looked dangerous again. Nobody is sitting there going "Ah, what a shame, Kane didn't get the record," and if they did, I worry. And nothing Shawn Michaels ever achieved or that we will talk about from now until long after the day he dies should ever be regarded as anything other than respect for him being one of or the greatest performer of his generation and perhaps EVER, as opposed to because he was anybody's buddy.

Compare the star power and level of interest in the 2012 Rumble where Sheamus and Jericho were the only feasible winners and they had to pad it out with Ricardo Rodriguez, three guys from the commentary desk and Mick Foley, to what we had tonight. The roster is so much deeper, there are more guys that you could consider putting on top, the tag team division has renewed life in it. NXT is putting on a superb wrestling show every week where the stars of the future are being created, and all manner of guys and gals who know the business and how to work are in and around the Performance Center. The company has been gradually improving in terms of how satisfying a show they can put on since Trips got put into his executive position, many things he has been directly responsible for or involved in. That anyone would still want to criticize any of the booking decisions in 2014 on Hunter-related nepotism is quite frankly, bizarre. On a night when Bryan and Wyatt had a great match, whether you agree with the winner or not, a night when Lesnar reinforced his status as alpha male by destroying the Show, on a night when Pittsburgh took a shit on the lazily booked Orton-Cena rematch, and on a night that Punk put in a hell of a shift, and even if you want to look for the negatives, a night when the live crowd voiced their disapproval at the lack of Bryan in the Rumble... you'd pick these relatively small details to make the effort to post about, because you see the spectre of Hunter looking out for his buddies.... even if one has been retired four fucking years? That's working pretty damn hard to find the political agenda. There's so many better things to talk about from that quite enjoyable pay per view.

The place would be worse off without Hunter in the job he is in right now, in my opinion, and even though they seem myopic in terms of not wanting to go all the way with Danny Bry, they're getting a lot of stuff right.

Wow, check out the 2002 Triple H vendetta coming back out to play.

It was time to start the slow-burn towards the Rhodes split, and other than The Shield who are on the verge of their own split, I can't think of any other decent heel team to transition the belts from Cody & Goldie to, my guess is, the Usos, unless they called up the Ascension. Plus, old or not, the Outlaws get a reaction. If you're good enough, you're young enough.

I'm guessing the rest of the post was made before the Rumble ended since....

.... other than Kane coming back and costing Punk. And battering him.

.... who gives a fuck? Roman Reigns broke the record for the most eliminations in one night and his push towards stardom continued, Sheamus got a great response on his return, Batista won the thing. These are the in-ring things people will talk about. As for Kane, he battered Punk and looked dangerous again. Nobody is sitting there going "Ah, what a shame, Kane didn't get the record," and if they did, I worry. And nothing Shawn Michaels ever achieved or that we will talk about from now until long after the day he dies should ever be regarded as anything other than respect for him being one of or the greatest performer of his generation and perhaps EVER, as opposed to because he was anybody's buddy.

Compare the star power and level of interest in the 2012 Rumble where Sheamus and Jericho were the only feasible winners and they had to pad it out with Ricardo Rodriguez, three guys from the commentary desk and Mick Foley, to what we had tonight. The roster is so much deeper, there are more guys that you could consider putting on top, the tag team division has renewed life in it. NXT is putting on a superb wrestling show every week where the stars of the future are being created, and all manner of guys and gals who know the business and how to work are in and around the Performance Center. The company has been gradually improving in terms of how satisfying a show they can put on since Trips got put into his executive position, many things he has been directly responsible for or involved in. That anyone would still want to criticize any of the booking decisions in 2014 on Hunter-related nepotism is quite frankly, bizarre. On a night when Bryan and Wyatt had a great match, whether you agree with the winner or not, a night when Lesnar reinforced his status as alpha male by destroying the Show, on a night when Pittsburgh took a shit on the lazily booked Orton-Cena rematch, and on a night that Punk put in a hell of a shift, and even if you want to look for the negatives, a night when the live crowd voiced their disapproval at the lack of Bryan in the Rumble... you'd pick these relatively small details to make the effort to post about, because you see the spectre of Hunter looking out for his buddies.... even if one has been retired four fucking years? That's working pretty damn hard to find the political agenda. There's so many better things to talk about from that quite enjoyable pay per view.

The place would be worse off without Hunter in the job he is in right now, in my opinion, and even though they seem myopic in terms of not wanting to go all the way with Danny Bry, they're getting a lot of stuff right.

Must have hit the target pretty damn close to the mark to get you all riled up like that!

Must have hit the target pretty damn close to the mark to get you all riled up like that!

Hit the target so close to the mark you've chosen to ignore my actual argument, yeah. Are you 14? This response might as well have read "LOL @ U" much like your Kane/Michaels/record babble might as well have read "HHH SUX."

If you're that jaded with the product that all you want to do is whine about where you think you see Hunter's invisible hand moving the pieces, I'd strongly suggest not watching it any more.

I admit I don't watch anymore but on the rare instances when I come home Monday nights my flip on Raw, Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton suck. I immediately turn back off when they're on

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
I really hope that Punk leaving is a work. Otherwise, I'm not really all that interested in buying WresleMania. Not having Punk or Bryan in the main event is a deal breaker for me. Sorry, I'm not spending $60 to see Randy Orton v. Batista. The way I see it, this is probably going to be the card:

Gust Host: Hulk Hogan
1. Ryback v. The Ultimate Warrior (not that anybody wants to see it, but hopefully it will be a squash match)
2. Big E. Langston (c) v. Sandow, Kofi, Miz, Barrett, Truth, or Ziggler - singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship (He'll face a mid-card wrestler. Choose whichever one you want.)
3. AJ Lee (c) v. Tamina Snuka - singles match for the WWE Divas title (this might get cut)
4. The New Age Outlaws v. The Usos - tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship**
5. Dean Ambrose (c) v. Roman Reigns v. Seth Rollins - triple threat match for the WWE United States Championship
6. John Cena v. Bray Wyatt - singles match
7. Daniel Bryan v. Triple H - singles match*
8. Brock Lesnar v. The Undertaker - no holds barred match
9. Randy Orton v. Batista - singles match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

* Not sure where to put Sheamus. He was supposed to turn heel and feud with Bryan. But with Punk's departure, Bryan will be feuding with Triple H instead. That leaves Sheamus without a program.
**Could be a triple threat tag team match with The Brotherhood or The Real Americans.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

From what I've read, I'd be shocked if you're far wrong. I don't know if Warrior has kept himself in match-shape since his match with Orlando way back when, but that's a more entertaining option than throwing Ryback in there with Mizark (again) or Big Show, if he even makes the cut for Mania at all.

I think you've got a better chance of making the Mania line-up than R-Truth, personally. I notice Bertie is missing from your potential challengers for Langston, I actually was imagining yet another match between him and Ziggler which might as well have been sub-titled "Shouldn't We Be Bigger Deals By Now?" but now I'm guessing Del Rio might work Sheamus instead. Given his longevity with the company I'd be surprised if they don't find something for Kane to do as well.

As soon as the Outlaws vs Cody & Goldie was announced for the Rumble pre-show, I assumed the reason was for the Outlaws to transition the belts to the Usos. It would make good undercard fluff for Mania, and it would be nice to see the tag title considered "big enough" for Mania, which it hasn't always over the last decade. I also thought that the impending Rhodes split might go off at Mania too but with The Shield expected to implode soon, it might be overkill. For the perfect WrestleMania (I) tie-in, I'd have Hogan be the guest on Piper's Pit, which obviously will come to blows. I'm also dismayed at the prospect of the company's top star being thrown in with Bray Wyatt for the biggest show of all time. It's interesting to see what happens, but not "exciting" interesting like some years.

My first draft some months ago looked like this :

World title : John Cena (champion) VS The Undertaker (Royal Rumble winner)
Dave Batista VS Brock Lesnar
Daniel Bryan VS Triple H
CM Punk VS Randy Orton
Dolph Ziggler VS Alberto Del Rio
Mark Henry VS Big Show
Sheamus VS Ryback
Goldust VS Cody Rhodes
Dean Ambrose VS Roman Reigns VS Seth Rollins
Divas fluff

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
From what I've read, I'd be shocked if you're far wrong. I don't know if Warrior has kept himself in match-shape since his match with Orlando way back when, but that's a more entertaining option than throwing Ryback in there with Mizark (again) or Big Show, if he even makes the cut for Mania at all.
Yeah, I figured Henry, Christian, and Big Show would all be left off would off the Mania card. There just isn't space for everyone unless they make an arbitrary 6 man tag match.

I'm not expecting much out of Warrior...

I think you've got a better chance of making the Mania line-up than R-Truth, personally. I notice Bertie is missing from your potential challengers for Langston, I actually was imagining yet another match between him and Ziggler which might as well have been sub-titled "Shouldn't We Be Bigger Deals By Now?" but now I'm guessing Del Rio might work Sheamus instead. Given his longevity with the company I'd be surprised if they don't find something for Kane to do as well.
I had forgotten about Del Rio. He's talented for sure. But he didn't seem to connect with the audience as a baby face, and the crowd is mostly apathetic towards his heel character. I have a feeling he'll get buried by Batista at Elimination Chamber.

I could see Kane getting involved in the Bryan & Punk match or the main event with Orton & Batista. I'm not sure who he'd be in a program with though.

As soon as the Outlaws vs Cody & Goldie was announced for the Rumble pre-show, I assumed the reason was for the Outlaws to transition the belts to the Usos. It would make good undercard fluff for Mania, and it would be nice to see the tag title considered "big enough" for Mania, which it hasn't always over the last decade. I also thought that the impending Rhodes split might go off at Mania too but with The Shield expected to implode soon, it might be overkill. For the perfect WrestleMania (I) tie-in, I'd have Hogan be the guest on Piper's Pit, which obviously will come to blows. I'm also dismayed at the prospect of the company's top star being thrown in with Bray Wyatt for the biggest show of all time. It's interesting to see what happens, but not "exciting" interesting like some years.

I'd love to see Hogan and Piper go at it for nostalgia's sake, but it sounds like Hulk can't even sneeze without injuring his back. Apparently, he couldn't even pull off the big boot and leg drop right now. Sad. I'm sure Flair will feature somewhere in a segment. I'd love to see Sting debut at WM. Even if he doesn't fight anyone, it would still be great for him to make an appearance.

I love the Wyatt family and The Shield. I can't wait to see those two go at it at EC. So I'm okay with Wyatt fighting Cena. Sure, Bray isn't anywhere near Cena's level yet, but I think he has the potential to get there eventually. WWE has quite a few talented young wrestlers. I wish they were getting more screen time than some of the part timers.

Batista isn't on Rock's level or even Lesnar's level. I'm not sure why he gets to come back, win the RR (whilst being blown up in 2 minutes of work), and main event WM. Dude isn't interesting to me at all.

I think that Sting learned from the last time to get out before ship has completely sunk. I'm thinking a spotlight into the rafters at the end of 'Takers WM match and milk it for a year.

Form what I've read...Undertaker is not sure about having a match against Lesnar at WM...because it will be very physical...on the other hand he said he wants to work with Bryan...but now it seems that Bryan will go against HHH...

Punk seems has left WWE, I'm pretty sure Vince will use that for a storyline and convince Punk to have a match at WM..

By the way I was very impressed by the crowd's reaction at Rumble with Batista...was very funny LOL.

THey can change everything in the road to WM, but damn it I want to see that Lesnar vs Taker...

I thought they can give Bryan a match with Taker and end the streak...he's very popular and loved by the audience and it will be his ascension to the top defeating him. He has been screwed with the World Title and like happened last year with Punk, hope they give Bryan the opportunity to fight Taker at WM.

Form what I've read...Undertaker is not sure about having a match against Lesnar at WM...because it will be very physical...on the other hand he said he wants to work with Bryan...but now it seems that Bryan will go against HHH...

It makes sense that he would want to work with Bryan. Taker likes opponents that can mesh well with him and Bryan would, as have the likes of Shawn Michaels and Edge in the past. He wanted to work Kurt Angle in 2006 and even volunteered to lose to him (and lose his streak) if necessary. I wish that would have happened at Mania instead of No Way Out, wrestling Mark Henry was a waste of Taker and Angle being in that stupidly short triangle match was a waste of him. I would also have doubts about Taker being tossed around by Lesnar at his age.

Punk seems has left WWE, I'm pretty sure Vince will use that for a storyline and convince Punk to have a match at WM..

One of two things is happening - Punk is trying to get leverage for different terms for a new contract come July (which I doubt Vince will react to), or Punk really does think "fuck this." Either way, I think this is it for Punk for now. They could probably get him for breach of contract. Unless this is an elaborate worked shoot and we have another Summer Of Punk on our hands and he'll be back, instead of whinging about not main eventing Mania with Cena instead of the Miz and being outshone by The Rock, he'll be kicking off about being lumbered with Kane and asked to lose to Cesaro.

I thought they can give Bryan a match with Taker and end the streak...he's very popular and loved by the audience and it will be his ascension to the top defeating him. He has been screwed with the World Title and like happened last year with Punk, hope they give Bryan the opportunity to fight Taker at WM.

Some of the fans would want Danny Bry to end the streak, some might believe he could, but he wouldn't. The office genuinely don't seem to rate him that highly else they wouldn't have booked the Orton run like they did, he wouldn't have lost clean to Wyatt to build the latter up for Cena, and he would have been in the Rumble. Plus there would be such a backlash to Taker losing, he'd only ever lose to a heel or they risk turning someone heel. Which I always assumed would be Cena.

THey can change everything in the road to WM, but damn it I want to see that Lesnar vs Taker...

I don't. I'll worry Taker might get seriously hurt.

I think that Sting learned from the last time to get out before ship has completely sunk. I'm thinking a spotlight into the rafters at the end of 'Takers WM match and milk it for a year.

I doubt WWE will ever film anyone doing anything in the rafters after the manner of Owen Hart's death.