• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
Well that was a pretty good, if not goofy at times, Pay Per View. Match of the night has to go to the Shield vs Evolution, and the spot of the night has to go to Seth Rollins for his New Jack Dive.
Agreed on all counts... and that dive was ridiculous! :eek: :thumbsup:

Believe in the motherfuckin' Shield.
Triple H tweeted earlier that he's "rewarding" Ambrose with a US Title match tonight ... in a 20 man battle royal! :facepalm:

BTW, is it wrong that I'm gonna mark out for Adam Rose's debut tonight? Don't be a lemon ... be a rosebud! :rofl:

BTW, is it wrong that I'm gonna mark out for Adam Rose's debut tonight? Don't be a lemon ... be a rosebud! :rofl:

I marked out because one of his entourage was "Portugal's Perfect Athlete" Shanna, one of my favourite female heels ever, who I had the privilege of watching wrestle Emi Sakura in a very small venue a year or so ago for the massive ticket price of £8 in one of the best matches I've ever seen live. Hope she gets more paydays out of it.

That dive was awesome! I wish they would flush out the Rollins character more than just the "high flyer" and architect of the shield

I think you mean "flesh out" - there is nothing toilet about Rollins' talent. I like that he was the one that said "enough is enough" when they teased the split when everyone just assumed Ambrose, the most natural heel, would betray the other two. I'm happy for all three of them to keep doing their talking in the ring for the time being.

The US title being mostly an afterthought and only being used as a plot device for Hunter's revenge served to remind me that the roster isn't strong enough to support two midcard titles and for us to care about both of them. With the push of "Bad News" the new Intercontinental champion, timing couldn't be better for a unification match within the next couple of months, victory therein would add to Barrett's momentum and make the sole midcard title seem a big deal again.

Am I the only one who thinks the WWE roster is a bit, ahem....weak ? It would have been better if Kane would have taken Brie away and how could you not laugh your ass off watching Bryan being dragged around by Kane. At least the Divas are good and of course...Stephanie. Time to build up Emma and 21 year old Paige with the belt, damn ! Alicia Fox was beating the crap out of her but the champ won.

Am I the only one who thinks the WWE roster is a bit, ahem....weak ?

It's not that the roster is weak as such, there are a lot of good wrestlers, it's just that everybody is midcard. Only Cena and the Evolution boys are credible main eventers aside from the champion (for now) Daniel Bryan, and that's down to longevity rather than favourable booking. With Cena and Orton/Batista busy with Wyatt and The Shield respectively, it left Bryan stuck with Kane. Take a look at the guys that were competing in that Intercontinental title contenders tournament :

1) Rob Van Dam
2) Alberto Del Rio
3) Sheamus
4) Jack Swagger
5) Cesaro
6) Mark Henry
7) Bad News Barrett
8) Dolph Ziggler

You see a lineup like that competiting for a crack at a secondary title and you're inclined to think the roster is deep and the main event scene must be amazing, but it isn't, because all the guys involved (perhaps with the exception of Cesaro) have been victims of stop-start booking. Surely a lot of these guys, in kayfabe, should be aiming for higher than a crack at a secondary belt? Presumably these are the same guys that will make up the numbers in Money In The Bank in July, and you've basically got six former World Champions, and two guys that had already been there, done that. Barrett a 3-time former I champion, and Cesaro on the way up and already with an interminable US title reign under his belt. Barrett is probably the only one with anything to gain (after a long time off) from a run with a minor title and the rest of them could be up there earning a title shot, but "former World Champion" doesn't carry any weight any more, because everyone has wrestled everyone and everyone has BEATEN everyone so many times.

At the moment things are better than they've been for a while, in that there are a fair few acts that I want to see - Daniel Bryan (before he got hurt), The Shield, The Wyatts, The Usos, Paige, Ziggler and Cesaro. That's a fair few more than this time last year and infinitely more than two years ago.

C M who?? ;)

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
WWE is missing CM Punk more than ever right now. I would mark the fuck out if he came back.

To be honest, I'm not really that upset Bryan is going to be out. He's been in a holding pattern since he won the title. They don't know how to book him and can't figure out who he should be feuding with. I'm not sure who is going to get the strap next, but I bet it's either Orton, Batista, or Cena. That's boring as hell, but what other options do they have?

Bryan deserved the title, but i think he only got a shot at it because CM Punk walked out and they had to scrambled to replace Punk in his supposed HHH feud at Wrestlemania. Again though, He was so over with the fans Bryan deserved the title.

Bryan deserved the title, but i think he only got a shot at it because CM Punk walked out and they had to scrambled to replace Punk in his supposed HHH feud at Wrestlemania.

One has nothing to do with the other. Bryan working Hunter was because they lost Punk. Bryan getting a title shot and winning was because they listened to their audience and realized that the planned Orton vs Batista was going to tank.

If they allow Bryan to recover from his injury without taking the title from him - depending on how long it takes, with Cena/Wyatts and Shield/Evolution on top they don't need to rush the decision - then I expect he will wrestle Lesnar at SummerSlam, who will return continuing to gloat (or allowing Heyman to do it for him) about beating Undertaker again, and finally getting that title shot they've been demanding since the turn of the year. Could be a very interesting card if the rumours are true of him wanting to wrestle Reigns one on one at SummerSlam are true.

If Bryan does have the title taken off him, I expect Big Dave to keep it warm until he gets back. It's said that he was promised the title when he signed his new deal, so it's probably for the best he at least does have it for a bit, if they want him to stay motivated for the whole duration of the two year contract. I haven't minded him since he went heel. I can't cheer for him but I'm perfectly happy to cheer someone fighting him, and he played his part in putting The Shield over masterfully at Extreme Rules.

I'm going to see it on Sunday, if the card is the same as the results from Italy last night (it's that half of the roster I'm getting so sadly no Shield) then I'm looking forward to Cena/Wyatt, Sheamus/Del Rio and especially Ziggler/Cesaro.

The WWE title decision on monday actually has me looking forward to RAW. I'm not sure what is going to happen and with their recent track record of predictability (the streak excluded) it is a good feeling to have.

wwe needs to change from tv pg

No, they really don't. The show is geared towards kids because its kids where they get the merchandise revenue as the kids can badger their parents for a new Cena t-shirt every year. The main reason they went PG is because the edgier product cost them lucrative sponsorship deals. If your top guy appeals to kids and you get more sponsorship dollar with a family product, it's a no-brainer. Changing that approach now would represent a massive risk, and The Network was enough massive risk-taking for at least the next two to five years.

they need to be like tna

The worldwide industry leaders "need to be like TNA" in no way imaginable.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
I like the character Alicia Fox is turning into. She actually has an onscreen personality instead of a Diva that would wear a cat themed hooded sweatshirt to the ring

DuanCulo

Staff member
I don't understand the HoF this year. Edge and the Horsemen so far, and there is absolutely no way WWE will ignore the press they'd get for inducting Savage and Elizabeth now, not to mention the Rock might go in since it is in Miami. That's five names that could headline a single ceremony any given year. Why blow them all for one ceremony?

and still no savage in the HOF. travesty Goldust busting moves that would make Disco Inferno jealous

anyway, still one of the funniest things i've seen all year
tumblr_n2lzx4r3P81srbyoyo1_400.gif

and still no savage in the HOF. travesty

They asked Lanny if they could induct Randy, Lanny said only if they inducted "the Poffo family" i.e. himself and their dad as well, WWE didn't want to. Lanny said "you can induct him by himself if you want but it will be without the family's blessing" so WWE haven't done so. Said standoff has remained ever since. The fact that Hunter and Vince would want to get Macho Man in, is a fairly good indication to me that the bad blood the McMahons held towards Savage all those years was not to do with the alleged dalliances between Randy and then-underage Stephanie. I think it's all down to Randy walking out in 1994 without giving Vince chance to counter-offer, and taking his lucrative Slim Jim sponsorship with him.

Thought Smackdown was better than Raw last week and like the debut of ''Bolieve''. Don't know how long it'll last but Adam Rose and his party people along with his entrance music is catchy and good. How about Summer Rae sticking it to Eva Marie/Nikki Bella ?! The 'ol quick count ha.

if they can induct the entire Von Erich family when only Kerry Von Erich wrestled in WWE, then why can't Vince induct the entire Poffo's?

if they can induct the entire Von Erich family when only Kerry Von Erich wrestled in WWE, then why can't Vince induct the entire Poffo's?

Probably because with World Class, the entire Von Erich family made a serious contribution to the wrestling industry in their day. The Genius and their dad didn't.

Having worked for WWF/WWE isn't relevant to Hall of Fame entry if someone made an impact on the business. Nick Bockwinkel, Antonio Inoki, Carlos Colon, Verne Gagne.