• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

WTF is with Macho Pride in State You Come From

Mariahxxx

Official Checked Star Member
I don't get it. I'm from one of the best AND worst states in the country, California. Horrible traffic, crowded as a mutha fucka, horrible economics, high taxes with very little in return, yet beautiful and the most geographically diverse state in the USA. I am from there, yes. But do I pledge my loyalty to it and claim it to be the best? of course not. Who gives a fuck about being so proud of the state from which you come?

Let's take Texas for example. Businessmen in suits wearing cowboy boots? Really? The way they proclaim their undying devotion for their state even though it's governed by a clueless bible beating dip shit is amazing to me. One of the congressman recently claimed that he can finally provide real proof that abortion should be illegal BECAUSE FETUSES AS YOUNG AS 15 WEEKS MASTURBATE IN THE WOMB!!!!!!!!!!!

People from New York are the rudest loudest most obnoxious in the country. I can say this because my entire family is from Brooklyn. New Yorkers who live in Florida will be the first to tell you how great New York is, and I always ask "then why are you living in Florida?" they rarely have an answer other than the weather.

People from Boston have the WORST accents (plus the fucking Red Sox), with Chicago being a very close second barely beating out anyone from the south. people who say shit like "I ain't got none" are sinking the south in the accent contest, but the south has an entirely different pride that is just as stupid and senseless as those Texas chili-eating meat heads. The south flies confederate flags, proudly. License plate brackets say "the south will rise again" what exactly are they wanting to rise?? the only thing they lost in the war was the right to own other people. So other than wishing to once again own them a fleet of big buck ******s and house Mammi's, what else could they be proclaiming???

You don't hear people from the Dakotas bragging much, or Iowa or Ohio or Michigan. It seems to be these 4 or 5 states / regions that seem to have some stupid love affair with their home state. taxes is brutally hot in the summer, most of it is flat as a 6 year old girl and has horrible crime and illegals clogging the system, not to mention GW Bush lives there. California cripples people's hopes of starting a business and also has illegals draining the states economy. New York is just a giant garbage dump with pockets of nice areas and a lot of good restaurants. People from Jersey can't proclaim their loyalty and love because of those tanning bed buffoons on that stupid TV show, and well, because of Newark and Trenton being the murder capitals of the north east.

If you have some love affair with your home state let's hear why. Let's hear what make your state better than the others.

and by the way, if you refer to California as "Cali" then you're a douche. No one FROM California calls it Cali. You're just showing your lame attempt at sounding hip.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
Ha ha ha...this is why I live in no state anymore...

But in all seriousness: Washington is the best. I'm not even from there. I grew up in Oregon (...born in California). Close enough to the border that I could see, especially after the last election, the grass really is greener on the other side.

Ha ha ha...this is why I live in no state anymore...

But in all seriousness: Washington is the best. I'm not even from there. I grew up in Oregon (...born in California). Close enough to the border that I could see, especially after the last election, the grass really is greener on the other side.

Haha I see what you did there (through the smoke).

For what it's worth, I'm a Texan at heart who prefers to live in granola land (it's the scenery).

Mariah obviously has not traveled to many South American countries. Machismo is in the drinking water down there. I am proud of my state because the beaches are beautiful on the coast and the Blue Ridge Parkway in the west. It's not a macho thing because I loathe rednecks. I have seen rednecks in the Adirondacks in New York but there they call them hicks. I have a southern accent and it gets me laid a lot when I am in NYC.:)

I love where I'm from because its certain type of nature and scenery. Obviously that goes for anywhere - they're all unique - I just love the north for some reason, it's hard to explain. And I don't constantly talk about how it's so much better here than anywhere else or how people from somewhere else are ugly stereotypes (except New York and Montreal, purely for sports reasons).

I'm from Mass, but the part that has no accent. I can't understand why Bostonians take pride in having an accent where the letter "r" doesn't exist. I'll never say my state is the best, as I'm not a fan of it anyway, but I'll sure shit never use my home state in an argument as has been happening in a few threads lately (and where I'm pretty sure the motivation for this thread came from). I couldn't do that and be taken seriously anyway, we had "Romneycare" first.

Mariahxxx

and Rick Perry is now asking for $$$ to implement Obamacare in Texas how ironic! :)

I love living in Florida but I'm not going to go out and buy a flag and get stickers on my car and make sure I let everyone know I live there. I love where I live and many things about it, but I also hate the white trash and the rednecks and the mentality of a lot of the people. But the last thing I'll be doing is telling someone my state is better than their state.

and I know all about machismo. I'm Sicilian remember?

But the last thing I'll be doing is telling someone my state is better than their state.

Having lived in both I can say with no hesitation that my state (Washington) is better than New Jersey. In every way possible. Sorry.
But you know what? I have absolutely nothing to do with that fact so I have no reason to brag and really no reason to say that to someone because it'd be stating the obvious.
:ak47:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Fuckin' Cleveland Ohio has the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame....BECAUSE WE ARE! Damn right I'm proud of it.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
I just let people believe that it's just like The Wire. It's my little way of helping to keep the traffic down.

....and what's wrong with cowboy boots?

I used to brag about living in Pennsylvania but that was before the amount of people moving in here has increased to the point of being hard to tolerate. All those wonderful trees being cut down and fields being used for more buildings over the last 15 years is just a shame. The southeast area where I live used to be occupied with Amish taking up 50% of the people living here, but now the Amish population is getting smaller or perhaps all the other people moving in just makes it seem like the Amish are getting fewer and fewer every year. Basically anywhere that has lots of trees, lakes and fields is my idea of heaven.

Mariahxxx

nothing wrong with cowboy boots if you wear them with jeans but with a suit??????

how in the world could you be proud of the mistake by the lake??????????????

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Staten Islanders. They should burn all of the bridges that let them into Jersey. I've lived there and I can find no reason why anyone would want to stay there. There is nothing to do. The roads are are shit with trafic and constant repairs. The beaches are poluted and the housing is way overpriced.

BlkHawk

Closed Account
I'm impressed you remembered Iowa, most people forget us. Outside of the state we are mostly known for corn and hogs. What you may not know we have one the best veterinary colleges on earth at Iowa State, even the CDC uses it. Blanks Childrens Hospital is one of the better pediatrics wards in the country. University of Iowa does a lot medical research, I believe heart stents started there. We are the property insurance capitol of the states. The great ape preserve studies languages in large primates. We legalized gay marriage early on, and have usually been in the first ten states to approve new civil rights laws.

Famous people: John Wayne, Donna Reed, a Miss Universe I forget her name, oh, and Norman Borlaug possibly the greatest man who ever lived. Not many people credited with saving a billion human lives.

I'm not macho proud just thought I would provide some trivia, though I am in awe of Borlaug you can read about him if you want.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Borlaug

Last edited:
No real need to brag when your state leads the majority of America is just about every notable category there is: life expectancy rate, education, health care, Fortune 500 companies, colleges, the franchise (voting). In short we basically are the best in quality of life altogether. We also have the largest mall in the country and one of the best hospitals on the planet in the Mayo Clinic, second in theater seats per capita in country outside of NYC in our largest city, all the major four sports, the largest state fair in the country. I could go on. I also like to think we have the finest girls on the planet and surely America, with some real Euro-American hybrids you don't see too many other places in the country. I personally won't live any other place.

being from michigan, we have a lot to be proud and ashamed of all at the same time. we have the upper peninsula which is some of the most beautiful country in the world, also have detroit...... Oh the shame