• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Worst film you have ever seen?

dick van cock

Closed Account
So what if Germany caused it? that means that anything done against them is justified? Of course they can be treated unjustly. Killing civilians is unjust, torturing prisoners is unjust. Any act of war committed against humanitarian standards is unjustified. Doesn't matter who is doing it or why.
Das Boot doesn't depict crimes against humanitarian standards ... it portrays a bunch of comrades under fire

No questions asked ... this isn't just an indiscriminate group of navy guys under fire...

... no it isn't! A German movie portraying German soldiers as victims is worse than bullshit... it's propaganda.

Goo-goo-gah-joob, Leni Riefenstahl!

no it isn't! A German movie portraying German soldiers as victims is worse than bullshit... it's propaganda.

So if it was an allied group of soldiers under attack that would make it different, these are not high ranking german soldiers they are taking orders and not liking what they are having to do they are doing what they are paid and expected to do. It isnt Hitlers inner circle who made all the decisions. It would be the same movie if it was a group of British or American soldiers in a submarine.

sounds like an American movie to me.

I don't know. I don't usually judge the cinematic merits of a film based on politics, but then again that's probably the reason that I also avoid most war films so that I don't have to.

also, if they made the opposite movie, where the Germans were blowing up all sorts of people and kicking ass, then you knew that people would be pissed off. So they have to show germany losing, but they want to do it sympathetically. I guess they are screwed either way.

Das Boot doesn't depict crimes against humanitarian standards ... it portrays a bunch of comrades under fire

No questions asked ... this isn't just an indiscriminate group of navy guys under fire...

... no it isn't! A German movie portraying German soldiers as victims is worse than bullshit... it's propaganda.

So what have you against Tara and Rhett Butler and Atlanta being burnt to the ground?:D

Triumph of the will by the union forces!!!:bowdown:

dick van cock

Closed Account
So if it was an allied group of soldiers under attack that would make it different, these are not high ranking german soldiers they are taking orders and not liking what they are having to do they are doing what they are paid and expected to do.
If only Petersen had been as smart as you...

this has inspired me to make a new topic.
(that is not really related to this conversation at all.)

hmmmm can't decide - so many crap movies...
The Terminal
Cat in the Hat
50 First Dates
You Got Served
Freaky Friday
Crossover
Anchorman

You're not German... ;)

To me, Das Boot is an extremely late example of your typical "Sustenance Movie" - not any different from Kolberg or Die Feuerzangenbowle.

It depicts Germans "unjustly" {:wtf:} suffering from WW II, while it were the Germans who caused it.

I didn't think Das Boot was about Nazi propaganda or the unjust suffering of German sailors.

I thought it was a moving depiction of 42 raw recruits caught up in a war they didn't understand, and the Captain who must lead them in their struggle to survive. It showed us the "otherside" of the Battle of the Atlantic during WWII. A detailed look into the claustrophobic and terrifying world of a German U-boat crew hunting ships from undersea. Gritty, realistic, and peppered with black humour, this is one of the few sympathetic portrayals of the war from the German side to be released in western distribution.

It's not meant to be watched from a "I hate the Nazi's" point of view. It is a film in which the characters are meant to be observed for what they are. Not for whom they serve.

sounds like an American movie to me.

I don't know. I don't usually judge the cinematic merits of a film based on politics, but then again that's probably the reason that I also avoid most war films so that I don't have to.

also, if they made the opposite movie, where the Germans were blowing up all sorts of people and kicking ass, then you knew that people would be pissed off. So they have to show germany losing, but they want to do it sympathetically. I guess they are screwed either way.

Part of Das Boot actually does show the Germans "blowing up all sorts of people and kicking ass". It also shows how they feel like shit when they can't rescue the people in the water after they just blew up their boat. And it also shows them almost getting blown up themselves a few times. I won't blow the ending for you and tell you what eventually happens to them. But I do recommend you see it. It's a good movie.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
I didn't think Das Boot was about Nazi propaganda or the unjust suffering of German sailors.

I thought it was a moving depiction of 42 raw recruits caught up in a war they didn't understand, and the Captain who must lead them in their struggle to survive. It showed us the "otherside" of the Battle of the Atlantic during WWII. A detailed look into the claustrophobic and terrifying world of a German U-boat crew hunting ships from undersea. Gritty, realistic, and peppered with black humour, this is one of the few sympathetic portrayals of the war from the German side to be released in western distribution.

It's not meant to be watched from a "I hate the Nazi's" point of view. It is a film in which the characters are meant to be observed for what they are. Not for whom they serve.

Part of Das Boot actually does show the Germans "blowing up all sorts of people and kicking ass". It also shows how they feel like shit when they can't rescue the people in the water after they just blew up their boat. And it also shows them almost getting blown up themselves a few times. I won't blow the ending for you and tell you what eventually happens to them. But I do recommend you see it. It's a good movie.

Good points and I agree 100% with you. Das Boot is one of the best movies I've ever seen. You forgot one thing though, they weren't Nazis. They were regular Kriegsmarine, just like the Wehrmacht was regular army. Sure threre were Nazis in the Wehrmacht, but a lot weren't Nazis. Field Marshall Rommel was regular army and he was against Hitler and the Nazis. Just because they were German doesn't mean they were Nazi's. But watching that captain screaming while trying to outrun the British was awesome. The ending though, wow is all I can say. How can anyone say this movie is bad?

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
-> Shaving Ryan's Private

How can you say Saving Private Ryan is a bad movie? It's only the best war film ever made. Are you pissed off because Germany got their ass kicked on D-Day and eventually lost the war? I also noticed that you have Schindler's List and Sophie's Choice on your list.:wtf:

dick van cock

Closed Account
How can you say Saving Private Ryan is a bad movie? It's only the best war film ever made. Are you pissed off because Germany got their ass kicked on D-Day and eventually lost the war? I also noticed that you have Schindler's List and Sophie's Choice on your list.:wtf:
These are silly tearjerkers for the simple-minded.

If you want to see decent holocaust movies watch Lumet's The Pawnbroker or Lanzmann's Shoah.

My taste in movies differs from the majority of people on here, mainly because I have seen more and different things in my life than you have.

That has nothing to do with my nationality. It's more a matter of cultural pessimism. Polemically spoken: All movies since the Seventies have been shite

Worst film? Well I live in the U.S. and grew up with cable T.V., so just about every movie I've seen is shit. One that immediately comes to mind (that I actually watched in the theatre) is The Skulls.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192614/

It might get some recognition today due to the whole NWO conspiracist parade and the infatuation with secret societies running everything.

If you want to see decent holocaust movies watch Lumet's The Pawnbroker or Lanzmann's Shoah.

I'll have to check those out. I saw a German film about the Holocaust recently called The Counterfeiters. I can't say the story was that great but it has some good scenes in it. I probably give it more credit than it's due just because it's in German...:cool: