• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Woman who had face and hands torn off in chimp attack makes emotional return hospital

I remember this in the news when it happened, it's a miracle she even recovered from those injuries. Is the Chimp owners estate really worth $50 million as well as the $150 million legal action against Connecticut authorities :dunno:

A disturbing reminder

Carla Nash on Oprah

Woman who had face and hands torn off in horror chimp attack makes emotional return to visit hospital staff who saved her life

A woman who was savagely mauled by her friend’s chimpanzee has made an emotional return to visit the doctors and hospital staff who saved her life.

Charla Nash, 57, wore a veil over her face to hide the disfigurement caused by the February 2009 attack.

She underwent more than eight hours of surgery after the 200lb chimpanzee, called Travis, ripped off her nose, lip, eyelids and hands before it was shot dead by police.

article-1339635-0C85D140000005DC-126_634x339.jpg

Emotional return: Steve Nash, the brother of attack victim Charla, wipes tears from his eyes as his veiled sister meets hospital staff. It has been more than a year since Charla suffered horror injuries

article-1339635-0C85D164000005DC-316_634x339.jpg

Life savers: Ms Nash said that, without the dedication and compassion of hospital staff, she would not have survived the attack, where a pet chimp tore off her face and hands

The pet chimp went berserk after owner Sandra Herold asked Nash to help lure him back into her house in Stamford, Connecticut.

Nash was filmed by NBC’s Today show hugging members of the emergency room staff that helped her recover from the nightmare ordeal.

Without them, she said, she ‘wouldn’t be standing here’.

Nurse Summer Kruger said she would never forget the victim’s courage and strength.

She said: ‘My three days with her I will remember for the rest of my life.'

article-1339635-072E94F6000005DC-320_634x384.jpg

Before the attack: Charla Nash, now at an assisted living facility in Boston, is awaiting word on whether she is eligible for hand and face surgery at Brigham and Women's Hospital

article-1339635-0730A410000005DC-0_634x384.jpg

Chimp and owner: Pet chimpanzee Travis and his owner Sandra Herold in February last year. Travis was shot dead by police during his attack on Ms Nash, and Ms Herold died of a heart attack this year

Nash is currently at an assisted living facility near Boston, Massachusetts, and awaiting word on whether she is eligible for hand and face surgery at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

She first revealed the damage done to her face in an interview with Oprah Winfrey a year ago.

As well as the injuries she suffered in the mauling, she had both eyes removed because of an infection.

Sandra Herold died in May from a heart attack. Nash’s family has sued her estate for $50 million and has launched legal action against Connecticut authorities for another $150 million - saying state officials failed to prevent the attack.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hospital-staff-saved-life.html#ixzz18QEvGiGd

Re: Woman who had face and hands torn off in chimp attack makes emotional return hosp

No more monkeying around.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Re: Woman who had face and hands torn off in chimp attack makes emotional return hosp

It's probably best that she can't see.

I'll bet she doesn't get laid anymore. Just sayin'...

(too far?)

Ace Bandage

The one and only.

^^ too far. *spanks A-Ry*

Yes, yes, I've been a very naughty boy.

:elaugh:

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608

Ms Nash said that, without the dedication and compassion of hospital staff, she would not have survived the attack, where a pet chimp tore off her face and hands
I'd be kinda pissed at them, but that's just one man's opinion.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND

Hm... Mankind may still be saved.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day

I don't understand why anyone would want to own a chimp. Isn't it just the equivalent of having a large, hairy baby live off you and your money?

I don't understand why anyone would want to own a chimp. Isn't it just the equivalent of having a large, hairy baby live off you and your money?

Exactly, ApolloBalboa.No matter how much care you take to train them or make them be friendly, their animal instincts never go away.Like human beings they have mood swings, but unlike human beings, they have absolutely no control over it.I am not against chimps or something, but something just fits well in wild and shouldn't be made a part of the civilized society.My opinion, though.

Deepcover

Closed Account

Anybody who saw the movie "Grizzlyman" knows not to be close with grizzly bears. That applies to chimps. Next ppl are going to try to connect with lions, cougars, and cheetahs...good luck.

Anybody who saw the movie "Grizzlyman" knows not to be close with grizzly bears. That applies to chimps. Next ppl are going to try to connect with lions, cougars, and cheetahs...good luck.

I saw someone doing just that with Lions. He sleeps with them and trys to be apart of their pack. I saw it on the news sometime back.

Christina Ryder

Official Checked Star Member

I am happy that this woman was able to get the face transplant. Whats with all the stupid ass comments above?:bang:

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

Yeah, I remember this. Bad news all round. Some people don't realise that having animals like that can be very dangerous, especially some of the so-called "exotic pets".