• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

With the Economy Sucking ASS...Are You Worried About Losing Your Job?

Ok this applies to those of you who aren't still in 8th grade...or if you're gainfully employed. So that means there should be about 3 Free Ones members who can reply.

Do you think you're going to get fired, laid off, cut back etc. And do you have a plan B for when it happens?

what job, i haven't had a job since 2006. . . i am a student

though i am quickly running out of money now, so looks like i will be looking soon enough

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Afraid of losing it? No. Afraid of losing everything else? Yes. The tax returns couldnt have come (as of yet, they're not here.. but within a few weeks!!) at a better time. If I can sustain myself until the weather turns into something other than FUCKINGRETARDEDAWFULFUCKSNOWFUCKICE-RAIN then I can take what money I have.. run south to where it's warm and live well off the refuse of people richer than we.

Not really, I own a private business, but still, I'm always worried about the economy; that shit affects everybody

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
fired? maybe, I mean I do swear entirely to much when I'm at work and even in customers houses. One of these days its gonna get me in serious shit! As for laid off...I dunno, I'll have to wait till after tax season to find out, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Nope, I told my employer I was going to quit at a certain time. This was before the crisis started. When that certain time finally arrived the crisis was already well under way.... Being the stubborn ass I am, I still quit...

I AM worried I won't find a new job soon... ( a job that fits me a bit better)... But luckily I still make some money with local politics (not much though).

My work hours have been cut and everyone at the company have to take a voluntary day off each week as the company copes with the reduced profit. It only started happening so it's not too bad yet. I think the company will not fire anyone unless the profit really starts to plummet. I hope I won't get laid off because I like my job and it's a real bitch to find work, especially in this economy.

I'm a carpenter, and business has been very slow lately. Few houses are being built and few people are spending money on remodeling. That doesn't bode well for me. There is work out there, but the industry is super competitive for every available job. The next year will be very interesting. I'm trying to be stingy with my money in preparation for some lean times ahead.

Somewhat concerned here, yes.

Spleen

Banned?
Nope, my work is doing even better since the credit crunch.

I'm a carpenter, and business has been very slow lately. Few houses are being built and few people are spending money on remodeling. That doesn't bode well for me. There is work out there, but the industry is super competitive for every available job. The next year will be very interesting. I'm trying to be stingy with my money in preparation for some lean times ahead.

I feel you...I work for a domestic auto manufacturer, need I say more.

My wife is in the insurance biz, and they're still solid, so we're lucky for her stable income.

Nope, my work is doing even better since the credit crunch.

What are you a repo man?

broderic_randal

Closed Account
no, i am not afraid of losing my job, i work in a grocery store and we as humans always need to eat, so i am not afraid of losing my job

but..

i could lose my job if i stole, or if i got in fight with my boss/coworker

i have though had my job hours cut in half before, but luckily right now i am getting 32-40 hours per week

Philbert

Banned
I look mature and knowledgeable, and actually know my job really well...customers trust me. I just quit one company and got a job right away with another.
Since people stay home and watch tv when money is tight, I have lots of work.
I do DishNetwork installation and repair...easy work and pays real well.