• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Windows Media

Can anyone explain why my windows media player often stops to download more of a film? It used to play continuously without interruptions. Is there anything I can tweak? Thanks.

it does that to me aswell, sometimes it buffers it first waits till it's fully downloaded, but sometimes it buffers and plays at the same time, which means that it stops and starts.

unfortunatly i have no answers :dunno:

If you have Windows Media Player 11, the problem is -- it sucks.
Just kidding ... sort of.
WMP used to be great. I had no problems with it set as my default player. Most everything except Flash or Quicktime video, obviously, played in it without trouble, and it would run most video on news sites, etc., without actually having to open in the player itself.
Anyway, point is, since using 11, however long ago that started, a lot of stuff won't play as is. I get the green screen with audio or nothing at all sometimes.
I've scanned around online for solutions and tried most of them with no success. Tried a wide variety of codec packages with no luck, since that seemed to be the most common answer provided.
It also seems to be next to impossible to uninstall WMP 11 and go back to an older version that would be less problematic.
About the best thing I've found to do is reduce the video acceleration. This is under 'Now Playing', 'More Options' and 'Performance,' in that order. I don't know if this will help you with your problem or not, but the downside is you can't maxmize the screen.
Anyway, to sum up -- WMP 11 sucks, but I don't feel like having to use something else.

plucap

Banned
Download Mozilla Firefox if you don't have it already. It's a far superior browser than IE.
Once you've got that, try the same link again to see if it works with the Firefox Quicktime, RealPlayer or VLC addons. If not, get the Windows Media Player plugin or script/codec and try the link again.
Useful link: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213

Aces&Jacks

Retired Mod
It doesn't matter which user interface you use (in this case). Whether the video is buffered or plays immediately is controlled by whoever put the video on the page. It also depends on the speed of the connection to the website. Some allow maximim download speeds and others not so much for non-members.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Download Mozilla Firefox if you don't have it already. It's a far superior browser than IE.
Once you've got that, try the same link again to see if it works with the Firefox Quicktime, RealPlayer or VLC addons. If not, get the Windows Media Player plugin or script/codec and try the link again.
Useful link: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213

This is what I did. But WMP pisses me off because it's slow. I'd just as soon use Quicktime.

bigbadbrody

Banned
is it buffering?