• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Will anyone watch Jay Leno when he returns to The Tonight Show?

Will you watch Jay Leno's return to The Tonight Show

• Yes

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 74.2%
  • David Letterman FTW!

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
Even before the Lead in Conan wasn't getting ratings. And also the Local News is the lead in for the tonight show.

Actually he was. He and Letterman went back and forth for the top spot until Leno came back on at 10. Factor in that Letterman had a ratings boost thanks to a controversial joke about Sarah Palins daughter, and then another controversy over his affairs with interns, and Conan actually was doing fairly well. Matter of fact, looking back now at the ratings Leno got when he premiered, Leno actually got worse ratings. It's just absurd that NBC would do this just to make Leno happy.

No, but I've always hated Jay. Anyway, Jay's not to blame. Conan played hardball, NBC goofed and Jay's doing what anybody would.

I like Conan, but his run on The Tonight Show was bad. Letterman's still kicking his ass despite the fact that this has been the most interesting late night has been in decades.

Unfortunately, Leno is at the very least partially to blame. For a while I was with you in thinking Leno was an innocent party, until I started seeing old videos of Leno bragging 5 years ago about how excited he was that he personally chose Conan as his successor, and now he's acting like he was never privy to any of that information, and that he was forced out without any knowledge, which is so flippantly false, that he just makes himself look like a bigger douche.

I mean, let's face it, whether or not you agree with him being replaced, the long term plan was there, and if he was so outraged by it, he could have walked, gotten a new show on another network, for at least competitive pay, and gotten some money out of NBC to boot. But he didn't. Certainly NBC looks worst of all out of all of this, but Leno wasn't innocent. As difficult as it may seem, he could've just declined NBCs offer, and walked, and Conan could have stayed. He would've become the classiest person in television almost overnight, and that's saying something with his past, and NBC would have been the sole party to blame. Instead, he let his ego, and selfishness get in the way, and he's got no one to blame but himself.

Letterman hasn't really been beating him soundly as people have been lead to believe. Letterman was beating him, but Conan starting climbing back at the beginning of December, and the two went back and forth for the first few weeks of the new year.

What makes me personally angry is the status of Conans staff. The entire staff uprooted from New York with their families, and only at the insistence of Conan in the legal negotiations were they compensated even remotely closely to what they should have received for this debacle. I just found out this week that one of my roommates from college works for Conan, and the guy now has nowhere to go, which just makes me detest NBC and Leno just a bit more.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
NO! I don't watch any of these lame ass late night talks hows.

ed007

Banned
can an English man put his 50p in here? :shy:

i'm told you guys love a British accent so why not try one of
Britain's finest late night talk show hosts? Simon Cowell has
done pretty well in America. :dunno:

you can take Johathan Ross off our hands. he's just left the
BBC and is looking for a new position. :1orglaugh

out with the old and in with the new i say. hear! hear! :glugglug:

you can thank me later. :2 cents:

Philbert

Banned
Who watches talk shows ?!?!?!?!
I had The Tonight Show set to come on every night at 10:35 PM, and after the monolouge I watch TV or surf the net...who gives a flying fuck what new projects some overpaid drug besotted 20-something millionaire is up to now?
Leno has some good writers and hits everybody equally...Conan has always seemed so boring to me when I actually wasted time listening to him.
I loved Leno's "Baby on Board" video, he was funny as a stand up comic...Jaywalking is amusing to see how lame so many people are...but nothing good on late at night on the nets...get some sleep or post on FreeOnes.

Nope...didn't watch him before and don't think I will now, besides I enjoy the BBC shows more so on BBCA

Fuck no and fuck NBC and fuck J Leno!

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Gotta agree with hellraiser there. Ive always enjoyed conans comedy because it has enthusiasm behind it, similar to jon stewart and steven colbert. Leno is a shell with stale jokes. I just don't see how he could return to the tonight show with his head held up high. He's desperately hanging on to his title as a late night host and just forced Conan out of a job. The solution was simple: retire. Of course this is NBC"S fault too but you would have to be stupid to think that Jay had no part in this. A small percentage of you are still pro-leno and i'm not gonna rag on you but i just can't see from your perspective the guy is a bag of douche.

l

^ Leno could have said no to NBC, it's not like they put a gun to his head and told him to sign a new contract with them

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Louis CK made a good point about conan and the tonight show. He basically said that the tonight show has always been for older people while the letterman show and conans old show was more relevant to the younger generation. One point that i agree with is that Conan was never really the right mold for the tonight show which i agree with because i always hated the tonight show. One thing i disagree with is that he says that Leno is driven for wanting to hang on to his show. I see it as rather snake-ish and pathetic.
http://www.timescolonist.com/entert...nan+Brien+gave+first+break/2472481/story.html

How can NBC deem it profitable to put him back on there. It seems the majority of people everywhere refuse to watch his show now and think hes a dick head. Can you say massive Late Night ratings plummet?

I probably will. I liked the old line-up of Leno-> Conan. When Conan took the Tonight Show I stopped watching. Until the last few nights.

I hardly ever watched Leno before, if at all, or any other talk show for that matter. I couldn't give a fuck less if it's Leno, Letterman, Fallon, O'Brien, or whoever else does this shit... I'm not likely to tune in anyhow.

Big Poppa Pump

- My Name Is My Name -
I don't think I will but was not the biggest fan before. Only the headlines made me laugh. The only night show I would watch every day is Craig Ferguson, which I like because it's different to Leno/Letterman etc.