• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why the penguin and not the chicken?

No, it's just annoying. You have no idea how old it gets trying to get students to understand irony (coincidences are not irony), let alone the differences between situational and dramatic. And then I get on here and see fucktards who are over 18 but still don't know the goddamn difference.

I do know exactly how hard it is. You're not the only one involved in education here...

Also, I've considered for quite a long time to ask if two Andronicus Rys existed, should I call them Andronicus Ries or Andronicus Ry's?

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Also, I've considered for quite a long time to ask if two Andronicus Rys existed, should I call them Andronicus Ries or Andronicus Ry's?

Neither. The apostrophe denotes possession, and if you put another I in my name, I'll punch you in the throat. It would just be "Rys."

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
You said it was ironic because I was also annoying. The fact that we both find each other annoying is not ironic. It's a coincidence.

on

Closed Account
what is not ironic when the post of yours did say that the thread you were posting in was not worth responding to?

you did not respond directly to the topic! come on you can use that!

on

Closed Account
You said it was ironic because I was also annoying. The fact that we both find each other annoying is not ironic. It's a coincidence.

the irony that you find me funny first then annoying, I find you annoying first, now funny! The coincidence that the most arguments we do are for the irony.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I had a chicken sandwich once. It tasted like penguin.

Neither. The apostrophe denotes possession, and if you put another I in my name, I'll punch you in the throat. It would just be "Rys."

Did you notice that I spelled it correctly in my post, or are you just looking for a fight.

'Cause I'll fight you.

But only if we can spoon before and after.

Not the chicken because penguin space weight lunar eclipse.

Isn't that ironic?

(the above is not at all intended to Andronicus Ries sensibilities.)

Penguins swim because they live in an environment that is mostly water and have a diet of fish.

Chicken don't swim (although they are able to) because they don't live in aquatic regions. They live in grassy or woodland areas and eat seeds, grains and bugs. Most of them also live in captivity for food production, so they lack further swimming oppurtunity.

Also chickens can fly short distances, like ducks, whereas penguins cannot fly at all.

Next stupid question!

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
It's the Darwinian Theory in practical application. The penguin evolved in an environment that was much more conducive for it to be an underwater "flier" rather than being airborne . On the Antarctic ice shelf, the only significant food source in is in the ocean. In order for a bird species to survive in that environment, it was necessary for it to develop into a pelagic predator much as a seal would be.

The chicken (it can actually fly....just not very far) evolved in a much different environment where its need to fly in order to survive was overpowered by its need to navigate and forage on the ground. There was no similarity between it and the environment that the penguin faced as the two species evolved since food is widely available on the plains and prairies as opposed to an ice-cap topography. Additionally, the occasion to traverse bodies of water was most certainly much less for the chicken than it was for the penguin. Hence, no need to develop the ability to swim either.

There are a number of other bird species than evolved similarly to the chicken (turkey, grouse, pheasant etc) and in the same topographical and climatic environment. Even though there are other arctic-climate bird species that have evolved (tern, plover, snow goose etc), the only other flightless and pelagic comparisons to the penguin would be the puffin and flightless cormorant of the Galapagos (not arctic climate but a pelagic feeder nonetheless), who feed in a very similar fashion to the penguin. There are other flightless birds in other climatic regions (cassowaries, ostriches, emus etc) but they are not pelagic feeders like the penguin is.

I suggest you read The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin for further expansion on this general subject. You'll gain much more information than I am able to give you in such a short post.

Hope this clears things up for you.