• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why isn't Soccer popular in America?

• Too many other sports to watch

Votes: 46 19.8%
  • The best players play in Europe

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • Most American's don't understand the game

Votes: 76 32.8%
  • Most games aren't played during prime time on TV

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other

Votes: 75 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why FIFA wont allow the ref to explain his call, why is FIFA so secretive on the call? It would be nice to know who exactly the foul was called on

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
Why isn't Sumo Wrestling? Or Rugby? Who knows... Personally I'd much rather watch Rugby over Soccer.

I am willing to bet it's the latter. Most of us do understand the game to some degree.

Of course they have to say that, otherwise they would have to face the fact we do understand it very well and just see it for the crappy sport it is. We don't like it because we DO understand it.

Even most of the parts people claim Americans don't understand are better portrayed in our sports anyhow. Sure we like excitement in sports, but that's not due to a short attention span, it's because it's part of the essence of what sport has been about since before even gladiators fought each other in ancient times in a stadium in front of huge crowds. Without that a sport doesn't mean that much. Why would anybody want to watch something that's a slightly glorified version of "kick the can", and has about as much excitement in it?

Question: How many Americans actually voted "Americans don't understand the game". Or is that the rest of the world speaking for us?
Good question^^.

As for folks telling us to get over the blown call from yesterday, you would feel the same if it were your team.
And, to repeat my statement from a few days ago...Team England is over-rated.
...Can't wait for Wednesday!

3 main reasons -
It's so low scoring....
Way to much acting....
How come we cannot know how much time is left in regulation?

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
How is the number one reason in this poll: Most American's don't understand the game? It's the simplest fucking game on the planet. Your team tries to kick a little ball into a little net whilst the other team tries to prevent you from doing so. That isn't fucking complicated.

At it's very core, the whole sport is incredibly simplistic. Couple that with how cheap it is to play (dirt + ball + economically disadvantaged youth = game), and that explains its popularity in the rest of the underdeveloped world. America is the richest nation on the planet. We can afford better sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.