• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why isn't Soccer popular in America?

• Too many other sports to watch

Votes: 46 19.8%
  • The best players play in Europe

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • Most American's don't understand the game

Votes: 76 32.8%
  • Most games aren't played during prime time on TV

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other

Votes: 75 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two friends who love the sport (and yes they did support the games played in San Jose Ca) One of them said the reason it's the biggest sport in the world is, kids everywhere play it. All that it takes is a ball and a field. That may hold the germ of a reason why it's not more popular in the US. Most towns here in the US have the resources that in elementary, middle/jr high & high school you get exposed to: softball, football, basketball, field hockey, and in some areas tennis, golf, ice hockey & swimming. Which means kids in the US have more opportunities to develop other sports interests besides soccer.

Attachments

• handegg.jpg
    handegg.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 157
Does people really care if it isn't popular in the US? Like I give a ...

American's should ask the same question, why is American Football and/or basketball hugely popular in the UK?

My guess, people like different things ;)

I played soccer for two years and I still find it to be boring as fuck. Of course I played just to stay in shape for football. I played basketball for two years for the same reason. I find the NBA version of that to boring as fuck too. Different people like different things. It's not wrong, it's just different. I like hockey, football and baseball. I like the strategy and match ups in those sports. I agree that the NFL has went to far with situational substitutions. When I played I was off the field maybe 3 or 4 plays a game. I played Linebacker and Fullback. I sucked at baseball. I could field any position and had a good arm, but I couldn't hit a bender to save my life. I still love the game.

As far as the argument about soccer being the most popular sport on the planet, so what? There are a lot of thing that are popular that aren't worth two pieces of monkey crap. If you love the game, great, enjoy it. What difference does it make if someone else doesn't?:2 cents:

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave
Question: How many Americans actually voted "Americans don't understand the game". Or is that the rest of the world speaking for us?

Excuse me? :rofl:

Begs the question, where did the goofy name 'soccer' come from then?? The sport reminded the players of kicking their girlfriends around or something?:o

I think the general idea is Americans use to kick a ball where they want it to go then someone must have said, "fuck this!!" and finally picked the damn thing up and carried it to where he wanted it to go like humans do with everything else.

Upon seeing this someone from the opposing team must have ran over and knocked the shit out of him for it...someone then knocked the shit out of him and lo, American football was born...:hatsoff:

Soccer sort of reminds me of people still using chop sticks even though a superior design in spoons, knives and forks exists. For the artistry...not the practicality.:1orglaugh

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
You know, instead of everyone saying it isn't popular because we don't understand the game, how about you tell us the rules of baseball? What's the difference between Canadian and American football?

Oh, you can't? :thefinger

Just because the game ends in a tie doesn't mean that it wasn't an exciting game. There's definitely a climax as when a player takes a brilliant shot on goal and the goalie makes a great save or when a player goes on a breakaway and he misses the goal by hitting the crossbars. It's those little moments in the game that make it exciting.

I'm sorry apparently when I said " we find it anti climatic " escaped your grasp of understanding. Sure there may be some excitement for the build of a play . However if no one scores a goal we feel disappointed and let down and all the former excitement felt like fluff. The little exciting plays seem all for nothing. Americans hate that feeling and there for we find it " anti climatic ", which we hate. I mean christ we already get that from our government, why do we need it from a crap game?

Status
Not open for further replies.