• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why isn't Soccer popular in America?

• Too many other sports to watch

Votes: 46 19.8%
  • The best players play in Europe

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • Most American's don't understand the game

Votes: 76 32.8%
  • Most games aren't played during prime time on TV

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other

Votes: 75 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Because.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Good answer!

For the most part, low scoring games = boring. Think about it, football, basketball and baseball usually have scores in the double digits.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I feel the same way about jai lai

Other

The 3 most popular sport in the US are Football, Baseball and Basket-Ball. All 3 have been created in the US. And, off-course, they are the best in these sports
Sports such as Soccer, Hand-ball, Rugby, etc are born in Europe.

Americans are too over-patriotic to care about a sport they dont have created and in wich they ain't the best.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Americans are too over-patriotic to care about a sport they dont have created and in wich they ain't the best.

Kind of a flawed statement, given a Canadian invented basketball. :dunno:

Lungzyn

Die For Me
For the most part, low scoring games = boring. Think about it, football, basketball and baseball usually have scores in the double digits.

Would it help if you got 12 points per goal?
I mean, in the NFL, the average score for a team is around 20 points, but in terms of scoring plays, it would be a lot lower.
The average score in the MLB is under 10 I think when you count both teams too.
Still higher than soccer though obviously.

American football and soccer would have to complete in the eyes of Americans, and Americans are interested in the violence and seemingly faster pace of American football. Soccer is growing considerably with the American youth though, I noticed that many of them are only soccer fans or at least they have very little interest in American football. I think you could ask why American football has not caught on over seas and many of your answers would be the same.

Would it help if you got 12 points per goal?
I mean, in the NFL, the average score for a team is around 20 points, but in terms of scoring plays, it would be a lot lower.
The average score in the MLB is under 10 I think when you count both teams too.
Still higher than soccer though obviously.

Good point bro. Do you think it would be more popular if like in Football a goal would count as six points. Then you would have some soccer games with a final score of like 18-12?

Status
Not open for further replies.