• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why is Canadian money, not acctepcted is the USA??

I was recently in the USA and I ran out of American money, so I tried to pay with Canadian money and the clerk at the store threw it back on the counter at me and said we dont accept Canadian money

How can Americans be So ignorant and selfish, to not accept Canadian money, we accept American currency up north

We only take real money......:tongue:

J/K down here in S. TX they don't take pesos either, or at least not everywhere. There are stores that cater to the Mexican clientele that do take pesos. I mean, the wives/mistresses of those drug cartel guys do a lot of shopping every weekend. Maybe look for stores that do take Canadian money? Ask around :dunno:

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
How can Americans be So ignorant and selfish, to not accept Canadian money, we accept American currency up north

Unless you're right next to the border (aka Windsor), nowhere accepts American money here.

Unless you're right next to the border (aka Windsor), nowhere accepts American money here.

I've never seen it not accepted here on the east coast. Sometimes you see signs that say the conversion rate and sometimes you don't. But it's normally accepted at most businesses.

I've never seen it not accepted here on the east coast. Sometimes you see signs that say the conversion rate and sometimes you don't. But it's normally accepted at most businesses.

so, why cant Americans do the conversion just like us?

so, why cant Americans do the conversion just like us?

That my friend is the mystery. I'll actually give you a quick little story about my experience with something along the same lines (hope it doesn't offend anyone, it's just kinda funny or odd).

While working in Alberta one year, they sent an American up to work with our co-ordinator for a sort of on the job training thing. Anyway, we all went to the store before work one day to get a few things and you should have seen him at the counter. Looking at Canadian quarters, nickels, dimes, but especially loonies and toonies lol. He was like a deer in head lights. He is there trying to count out change completely lost. Even after one of the guys told him what they were worth he commented "Your money is so complicated!" It's exactly the same! I'm assumed he was just a random idiot, everyone has one.

a business can accept whatever form of payment that they want. It's not like the US goverment tells businesses what currency they can and can't take. If a business doesn't want Canadian money, they don't have to take it.

It's rare to see Canadian money in the US. That business owner would have to spend more time converting your few Canadian dollars into US than it is probably worth to him.

Even though most countries don't take US money, I don't assume they will, and I don't get pissy if they don't. Canada? No offense, but why the fuck should a US business be expected to take Canadian money?

bahodeme

Closed Account
Part of it is laziness as far as having to convert the currency. The other is depending on where you are, most have not seen Canadian currency. This would make it easier for someone to counterfeit.
The other part I ponder is there a charge for businesses from the banks to convert the currency when you deposit? If I was a betting man, I would think there is.

Because Monopoly money is not legal tender. :hatsoff:

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
The actual answer to your question, brod, is that the U.S. Dollar is the world reserve currency. Some people think that's about to change, but that's a whole other topic.

Red XXX

Official Checked Star Member
The actual answer to your question, brod, is that the U.S. Dollar is the world reserve currency. Some people think that's about to change, but that's a whole other topic.
Could it be the Greek drachma if it makes a comeback? :eeew:

I was recently in the USA and I ran out of American money, so I tried to pay with Canadian money and the clerk at the store threw it back on the counter at me and said we dont accept Canadian money

Because we're a sovereign country, the same reason why we don't accept Pesos from Mexico, British Pound or Japanese Yen.

Your question should be: why does Canada accept dollars?