• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why I'm Not Voting (and neither should you)

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Truthfully in this day and age, if people don't want to get involved in how their country is run, at any level, then they don't have any right to complain.

What do I mean?

Currently there's a lot of pissed off people who aren't happy about how our country is run. Why the hell aren't they standing up to dethrone the two ruling parties? Because they're too stupid and lazy. They rather sit on their couch, with their fast food and junk, and bitch and whine instead of doing something. That's easier.

If everyone stands around waiting for someone else to do it, guess what? The rulers will continue ruling because the sheeple let them.

So don't vote, don't get involved, and don't bitch how the country is run.

I will vote and that will give me the right to rant and say how much this country sucks because they didn't vote my way!! lol

RichardNailder

Approved Content Owner
Truthfully in this day and age, if people don't want to get involved in how their country is run, at any level, then they don't have any right to complain.

What do I mean?

Currently there's a lot of pissed off people who aren't happy about how our country is run. Why the hell aren't they standing up to dethrone the two ruling parties? Because they're too stupid and lazy. They rather sit on their couch, with their fast food and junk, and bitch and whine instead of doing something. That's easier.

If everyone stands around waiting for someone else to do it, guess what? The rulers will continue ruling because the sheeple let them.

Way to get a thread back on track and ruin the :partysml:

That's exactly how I feel.

I pissed off a real good friend (and model) this weekend when she was spouting a bunch of shit about the government when I told her to STFU, she had no right to complain because she refused to vote.

What do I mean?

That's all fine and good, except for the part where the system has now morphed where it would literally take billions upon billions of dollars of resources and countless hours of effort and still probably not change anything. People are no longer going to just spontaneously stick together for a better thing, and if they were going to do it it probably would have already been done and we would be better off right now. Despite what some slogans and cliques out there say one or a few people can’t do it alone.

I think most people don't go to more effort to try and change the system because they aren't in any realistic position where they can and if they do go above and beyond they will feel they will waste part of their life and livelihood on doing so for little good, and probably end up being right.

Having more parties won't really do anything anyhow. I see little difference in the lesser of three or four evils than the lesser of two evils.

The only realistic way it can change now other than extreme luck or happenstance, or at least a group of people with major influence and power becoming altruistic, for normal people is through means that aren't very legal or non-violent, and I can't blame people for not wanting to resort to that until there is no other reasonable option. Other than that they do what they can, which in most people's cases is what they are doing now, complaining. (Or not voting for corrupt politicians.)

I have to agree with those people and Carlin that think the people that vote for corruption or the lesser of some amount of evils are worse than the people that don't do anything. (and the latter have more right to complain)

Ill vote for the Pres'. After that I really don't care at all.

you prick!
Don't denigrate your father's service by saying he put his life on the line for enabling corporate puppets to victimize American citizens and global markets

:dunno:

Uh am I supposed to tell him that when he asks if I voted?

you "don't have a right to complain", even when the game is rigged?
Clinton vs Dole
Bush vs Gore
Bush vs Kerry
McCain vs Obama

You really think it makes a difference when you get the choice between two options, both are the same?

you prick!
Don't denigrate your father's service by saying he put his life on the line for enabling corporate puppets to victimize American citizens and global markets

:dunno:
You're the prick. Just because currently the Political Class is predominantly corrupt & in the pockets of big business it DOES NOT mean that the concept of voting, one of the cornerstones of a liberal democracy, is not worth putting your life on the line for. If there was no system of voting for our public servants it would somehow be better?!?

I'm not sure about all of this.

However, I don't hear candidates discussing fixing the problems with lasting and realistic solutions. Most of what I hear is simply politics or a delaying tactics.

Show me the candidate that wants to fix health care by implementing real tort reform.

Show me the candidate that want to fix our deficit situation by changes that tax laws by removing all of the loopholes. That way companies actually pay their fair share of taxes.

RichardNailder

Approved Content Owner
I'm not sure about all of this.

However, I don't hear candidates discussing fixing the problems with lasting and realistic solutions. Most of what I hear is simply politics or a delaying tactics.

Show me the candidate that wants to fix health care by implementing real tort reform.

Show me the candidate that want to fix our deficit situation by changes that tax laws by removing all of the loopholes. That way companies actually pay their fair share of taxes.

We have a bunch of great politicians at the at the local level - oh wait - no one wants to vote for anyone but the president anymore - FAIL.

And did I hear that right? "That way companies actually pay their fair share of taxes." ROTFLMAO

Companies NEVER pay taxes!

Now let's make it real simple for the simple people.

1. Constituent wants "service" from government but is unwilling to pay for it himself.
2. Constituent supports government raising taxes on evil "companies" so constituent doesn't have to pay for "services" himself.
3. Government raises taxes on evil "company" and forces evil "company" to pay for constituent's "service".
4. Evil company desires to continue making widgets but only if they can continue to pay their rent, employees, cost-of-goods etc....
5. In order to continue making widgets, evil "company" must do one of the following:
a. Quit making widgets (results in no widgets).
b. Lay off employees (results in fewer widgets).
c. Reduce cost-of-goods expenditures (results in fewer widgets).
d. Raise the prices of widgets (widgets still get built).
6. Constituent still wants widgets and demand is high so evil "company" chooses option "d" above.
7. Constituent purchases product at new higher price caused by constituent wanting "service" constituent was unwilling to pay for in the first place.
8. Constituent paid the tax that he was unwilling to pay in the first place.

Taxes can only be paid by the final consumer of a product. If a company is to stay in business, ALL costs of doing business must be passed on to the consumer. If costs are not passed on, company will be out of business very quickly and your favorite widget will no longer be available.

Economics 101. :brick:

note: (replace "Constituent" with "simple people" as needed)

I always vote and so should you.:2 cents:

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
you "don't have a right to complain", even when the game is rigged?
Clinton vs Dole
Bush vs Gore
Bush vs Kerry
McCain vs Obama

You really think it makes a difference when you get the choice between two options, both are the same?

Then we need to start voting third party. At least it's a start.

Bush and Kerry, cousins who are Skull and Bones members. Yeah, there's nothing fishy about that. :rolleyes:

We have a bunch of great politicians at the at the local level - oh wait - no one wants to vote for anyone but the president anymore - FAIL.

And did I hear that right? "That way companies actually pay their fair share of taxes." ROTFLMAO

Companies NEVER pay taxes!

Now let's make it real simple for the simple people.

1. Constituent wants "service" from government but is unwilling to pay for it himself.
2. Constituent supports government raising taxes on evil "companies" so constituent doesn't have to pay for "services" himself.
3. Government raises taxes on evil "company" and forces evil "company" to pay for constituent's "service".
4. Evil company desires to continue making widgets but only if they can continue to pay their rent, employees, cost-of-goods etc....
5. In order to continue making widgets, evil "company" must do one of the following:
a. Quit making widgets (results in no widgets).
b. Lay off employees (results in fewer widgets).
c. Reduce cost-of-goods expenditures (results in fewer widgets).
d. Raise the prices of widgets (widgets still get built).
6. Constituent still wants widgets and demand is high so evil "company" chooses option "d" above.
7. Constituent purchases product at new higher price caused by constituent wanting "service" constituent was unwilling to pay for in the first place.
8. Constituent paid the tax that he was unwilling to pay in the first place.

Taxes can only be paid by the final consumer of a product. If a company is to stay in business, ALL costs of doing business must be passed on to the consumer. If costs are not passed on, company will be out of business very quickly and your favorite widget will no longer be available.

Economics 101. :brick:

note: (replace "Constituent" with "simple people" as needed)

That is an over simplistic view. I do agree with quite a bit of what you state. Some do think of taxes as the burden someone else should cover. I don't think that is the whole picture though. Corporations are also consumers of services and should pay their share. Many do, but many also are able to completely avoid taxes as well.

Now the other hand, spending needs to be cut too.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Oh I'm voting, just not the way I'm supposed to. I'll write the name of whoever I want to be president on the ballot and put a check next to their name. Let's see those bastards try to say I can't. Wildcard bitches!

Hey Petra, how would you like to be commander in chief?

Hey Petra, how would you like to be commander in chief?

After running FreeOnes, running the U.S.A. would be a piece of cake. Fledgling economy, rampant unemployment, 2 losing wars, and global displeasure would be like a vacation after dealing with lurkingdirk, PirateKing, BlueBalls, and the like...

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
After running FreeOnes, running the U.S.A. would be a piece of cake. Fledgling economy, rampant unemployment, 2 losing wars, and global displeasure would be like a vacation after dealing with lurkingdirk, PirateKing, BlueBalls, and the like...
You mean her Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, and Secretary of Health and Human Services (respectively)? :D

RichardNailder

Approved Content Owner
Corporations are also consumers of services and should pay their share. Many do, but many also are able to completely avoid taxes as well.

Now the other hand, spending needs to be cut too.

When a corporation consumes a product, regardless of if it's used in the end product, in the marketing office, in the shipping department, or in the CEO's office, the cost of that consumable is always passed on to their consumers. If it isn't, they are out of business in short order.