• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why I will never have a girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier, a semi-flamewar broke out when I said that I'm 22 and I've never kissed. I explained that I'll never have a girlfriend and that people should just accept that because they don't know anything about it. People demanded to know how I could make such a claim, and made a lot of blind guesses and assumptions based on stereotypes. Since I'm very bored and have time to kill, I may as well explain it, so you can try to convince me how wrong I am etc.

Criteria
I don't care about hair type, hair color, eye color, skin color or breast size. It all depends on what the girl looks like as a whole. When it comes to appearance, a girl is the sum of her parts, so I don't get caught up in details so much. However, she has to be very attractive to me (body, face, clothing etc.). She absolutely must be a non-smoker, and not into alcohol (mild and infrequent usage is acceptable). As for hobbies and so forth... I don't know, it probably doesn't matter. I've never had a girlfriend so I wouldn't even know what to look for, and what would most likely "work." Then there's the usual shit: smart, nice, kind, blah blah blah. I'm not going to "settle" for someone. I think the objective of a relationship is to make it last until one of you dies. Of course it rarely happens that way, but that's what you should aim for. I can't understand the logic of going into a relationship with the attitude of "I'll just see what happens" or "it's nothing serious." It's serious to me, because I really can't see myself changing girlfriends once every six months, like most people seem to do. I'd want to choose someone who I really like. I'm also not interested in one night stands or prostitutes.

Where to get one
Long story short, I'm through with school so that's not an option. I'm unemployed and haven't yet had a real job (don't ask, that's not what this thread is for), but considering the line of work I'm aiming for, it's extremely doubtful that I'll find anyone at a workplace. What about hobbies? I have a few (martial arts), and there's a decent amount of girls in them. However, there's nobody that would really interest me. Hobbies are always a possibility, but an extremely unlikely one, due to the small number of people involved. I don't visit bars, clubs or similiar establishments, ever. They're not for me. Frankly, I can't think of any place where I could meet girls.

This city's population is about 75,000. If you remove the men and females who are not of the right age, you're not left with a lot of people. If you then remove anyone who smokes and likes to go clubbing, you've got a really fucking tiny amount of people (who doesn't go clubbing?). Finally, remove anyone who wouldn't be interested in me, and anyone who I wouldn't be interested in, and the dating pool must be small indeed. I wish I had more statistical information so I could make more accurate calculations, but it's still obvious that there isn't much to choose from. There are a limited amount of girls out there.

One common way is to meet girls through mutual friends, but that's not a possibility either, because I have no friends. The reason why I have no friends is because I don't need any. I like being by myself, and I think people just cause unnecessary drama that I don't want to deal with. I'm sure some militant extrovert will throw a hissy fit tantrum over that, too.

How to get one
I can't. I really can't. My social ability is what I'd call "functional." That is to say, I can do what needs to be done, but nothing else. I even have problems with faking a smile. I can't and don't even want to approach girls or flirt with them. If you're going to spout shit like "just talk to them," I hope you get run over by a train, you asshat. Some of us just weren't gifted with an abundance of social skills, and Internet advice from strangers is not going to change that, as much as you'd like to think otherwise. As far as I can see, the girl would have to approach me, and not the other way around. I'd probably feel a little suspicious and reserved, and I might seem distant and uninterested, so it wouldn't work anyway. I cannot even imagine a realistic scenario where I could establish a relationship with someone. For most people, getting a girlfriend is not as improbable as winning the lottery twice in the same week. It is for me. There is no natural law or mechanism that provides everyone with a partner. Really. The only reliable way to get one is to actively make an effort to get one. If you can't or don't want to make the effort, you're not going to get one.

The last time I had a real crush on someone was seven years ago in high school. Since then, I haven't met, seen or heard of anyone I'd be interested in. Seven years. Think about that.

Finally, I repeat: no amount of Dr. Phil advice on the Internet will cure a crippling social disability. Do not try that shit with me. Do not spout cliches like "you'll find someone" without backing it up with logical reasoning and arguments (and no, don't counter that with inane bullshit like "love is not logical lol").

That is all.

Why would I care to argue with you on this point, logically or otherwise?
As stated in the first paragraph (not sure if you read it), people got angry and started arguing about this, and demanded an explanation. So here's an explanation. Since you replied in a rather confrontational manner, it's obvious that you're here to argue.

I tried to avoid it but can't. Did you just start this thread simply so you could get into an arguement with people over you not having a girlfriend?

toast king, I've experienced some of the same problems you talk about. I've had difficulty talking to girls and with talking to other people in general. People have given me really simple advice "Don't be so quiet. Talk more." If only it were that easy. I've worked at it, figured out a lot of things on my own and things are so much better for me now than a few years ago. I'm much more comfortable talking to women, and people in general.

In the end, you're going to have to figure these things out for yourself. If you want to, it's not going to be simple or easy, of course you already know that. If you don't want to try to have a relationship, that's up to you. There's nothing wrong with that. Of course, I'm left wondering one thing. If you didn't care about a relationship, why did you spend so much time thinking up all those reasons that you will never have one?
My :2 cents:, you can take it or leave it.

Of course, I'm left wondering one thing. If you didn't care about a relationship, why did you spend so much time thinking up all those reasons that you will never have one?
I do care.

Clarkie25 said:
No I don't. I however wonder why somebody would make this long drawn out post if they didn't want any advice on it in the first place.
The first paragraph is your friend.

As stated in the first paragraph (not sure if you read it), people got angry and started arguing about this, and demanded an explanation. So here's an explanation. Since you replied in a rather confrontational manner, it's obvious that you're here to argue.

The only one being confrontational here is you. I only responded the way I did because of the rude response you gave drdeath when he asked something simply out of curiousity. You're convinced of something, you claim you don't want to hear otherwise in your post, and then you wait for people to tell you it will all be ok, only to attack anyone who responds with anything...:dunno:

Oh, and by-the-way, I did read the first paragraph. I read the whole damn thing unfortunately.

The only one being confrontational here is you. I only responded the way I did because of the rude response you gave drdeath when he asked something simply out of curiousity.
I think it's far more rude to present a question that was answered in the first paragraph. He didn't even bother reading anything I wrote.

You're convinced of something, you claim you don't want to hear otherwise in your post, and then you wait for people to tell you it will all be ok, only to attack anyone who responds with anything...:dunno:
Again, read the first paragraph. This was a response to people who demanded an explanation and wanted to argue the issue.

I know because you asked a question that was clearly answered in the first paragraph.
Well I did read the whole fucking thing and I knew that you wrote it to start some shit so I thought I would put it to the test and YEP I was right! But you don't have to worry about me wasting anymore of your time!:2 cents:

Well I did read the whole fucking thing and I knew that you wrote it to start some shit so I thought I would put it to the test and YEP I was right! But you don't have to worry about me wasting anymore of your time!:2 cents:
In other words, you intentionally trolled for conflict, and now you're accusing me of starting shit. An interesting displacement of responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.