• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why do people flock to The Olive Garden?

I agree with the OP that Olive Garden is substandard. Years ago I had veal parmigiana at Olive Garden and it tasted like somebody came on it.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
years ago it didnt suck as bad. they gave you free salad and bread as they still do, but then, the salad wasnt soggy and over dressed. they also gave you a full bowl. not this skimpy ass quarter bowl soggy crap.

the food's lame. its so so and its just restaurant quality slop.

id rather make my own dinner. but, im not really into restaurants. in fact, i hate em. working in a few has shown me the light. old food, bad cooking practices, and tons of microwaving isnt what i want when i eat.

SpexyAshleigh

Official Checked Star Member
I've only been there once (since I'm in Canada and they don't exist here) and the waiter gave me free wine, so they're good in my books :thumbsup:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
The food is terrible. The meatball marinara at Subway is more authentic Italian.

Because most people are clueless, and weren't raised by a mother that was 100% Sicilian...the kind of mother that picked the tomatoes, boiled them down, and made sauce from scratch, while running dough through a pasta maker, and draping the strands over the backs of chairs to dry.

I did get a half way decent steak there once though....the bread and salad are alright I guess. To bad you're not from around my way.....I would make you a pot of red sauce that would make your eyes roll into the back of your head, and your toes curl.

Facetious

Moderated
Because most people are clueless, and weren't raised by a mother that was 100% Sicilian...the kind of mother that picked the tomatoes, boiled them down, and made sauce from scratch, while running dough through a pasta maker, and draping the strands over the backs of chairs to dry.

Mmm! Make mine Al dente style! :yummie:

Exactly, chain restaurants basically use the same pre-prepped sauce(s) etc that are available in the grocery aisle, it's just that they use institutional sized 1 gallon sized cans of Heinz instead of 14 oz sizes.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
years ago it didnt suck as bad. they gave you free salad and bread as they still do, but then, the salad wasnt soggy and over dressed. they also gave you a full bowl. not this skimpy ass quarter bowl soggy crap.

the food's lame. its so so and its just restaurant quality slop.

id rather make my own dinner. but, im not really into restaurants. in fact, i hate em. working in a few has shown me the light. old food, bad cooking practices, and tons of microwaving isnt what i want when i eat.

No wonder you got a ban. How dare you disgrace the fine name that brought us the fine quality of Red Lobster. I used to like you squallumz but you have just shown yourself to be just another of the far left trying to destroy corporate industry. You should lick my unwashed testicles for that statement. Olive Garden and Darden Restaurants are amongst the finest in quality and service. You make me sick.

Angry Bob.

How appetizing would menudo be to the average American of any ethnic extraction? :p

I haven't had menudo in years, I used to eat it all the time on Sundays when I was little. Menudo is a pretty common food now and so if you enjoy soups or stews I think you'll enjoy menudo. Don't get scared off by the bits of tripe in it. It's a bit chewy but overall not that bad and if you don't like it you can always remove it from the menudo

DR. B

Closed Account
Darden Restaurants suck. They own Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse and some other restaurants you'd be surprised about.

I haven't had menudo in years, I used to eat it all the time on Sundays when I was little. Menudo is a pretty common food now and so if you enjoy soups or stews I think you'll enjoy menudo. Don't get scared off by the bits of tripe in it. It's a bit chewy but overall not that bad and if you don't like it you can always remove it from the menudo

After reading the story of "El Pozolero" in Mexico.... I kind of lost my apetite for either menudo or pozole :throwup:

Well, except for when "buelita" makes some of that! :drool2: