• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who's your favorie comedien?

For every one you add to the list 2 get left off. Is it the jokes they write or how they deliver it? Movie comedy vs standup. Are they only funny when being topical? Your list is a direct reflection of what you think is funny and not necessarily who is delivering it. Do you know who the perfect comedian is? Bugs Bunny. Put him anywhere in the world in any time period, instant laughs.

Bobby has some legit points there... All those long lists of names aren't telling much anything...

I don't really have any favorite comedian, but when a hot chick with big boobies spreads her legs in a bed and makes that sexy "come over here" boy... that's going to get a huge smile on my face in no time... :cool:

ohcomeon.gif

He's not asking for who you think is the best. He's just asking for who you think is your personal favorite. Of course the list is going to be subjective. And when I think "comedian" I automatically think stand up, not movies.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
George Carlin is the greatest of all-time. He went after everyone and even the people he attacked laughed. Comedians today are pussies compared to Carlin.

Harpsman

Light one for Me
Stand up Dave Allen and Des Bishop.
On the big screen- The Marx Bros.

Mayhem

Banned
For every one you add to the list 2 get left off. Is it the jokes they write or how they deliver it? Movie comedy vs standup. Are they only funny when being topical? Your list is a direct reflection of what you think is funny and not necessarily who is delivering it. Do you know who the perfect comedian is? Bugs Bunny. Put him anywhere in the world in any time period, instant laughs.

Robin Williams was much better in movies than standup. Much of his improv was taken out of his bag of improv that he used over and over again. Much like Don Rickles and his instant insults. Jonathan Winters was amusing at best. Very intelligent and quick but never got a belly laugh out of me. Groucho in his You Bet Your Life days stands head and shoulders over Winters and Williams. Interviews with random people he had never met. For 11 years Groucho was viewed by 30-45% of all Americans each week plus it was simulcast on radio for which there are no ratings numbers. He did the show for 3 years on radio before moving to TV also.

Bobby has some legit points there... All those long lists of names aren't telling much anything...

I'm not going to try to explain Bill Hicks(just to name one) to anyone. And it's not like anyone who is interested can't look up the names they want on Youtube, etc. As I peruse the choices of others, if there's a name I don't recognize, I'll go check them out and see if I think they're funny.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
It's not that I dislike Robin Williams, far from it. It's just that Jonathan was the first that I remember that had that comedic device. I also like Red Skelton, Milton Beryle as well. I just didn't place them in. I noticed that you didn't have Winters on your list. Why? Just askin'.... ;)

Touche'!!! Well done sir!

A direct answer is that I only listed my top 5. Johnny would have been in the 1-A group for sure.

My favorite comedian’s are...

Lewis Black, George Carlin, Brendan O'Carroll (Mrs. Brown’s Boys), Joan Rivers,
Jonathan Winters, Rodney Dangerfield, Robin Williams, Red Skelton, Woody Allen,
Jack Benny, John Cleese, Shelley Long, George Wendt and John Ratzenberger.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue

Robin Williams was much better in movies than standup. Much of his improv was taken out of his bag of improv that he used over and over again. Much like Don Rickles and his instant insults. Jonathan Winters was amusing at best. Very intelligent and quick but never got a belly laugh out of me. Groucho in his You Bet Your Life days stands head and shoulders over Winters and Williams. Interviews with random people he had never met. For 11 years Groucho was viewed by 30-45% of all Americans each week plus it was simulcast on radio for which there are no ratings numbers. He did the show for 3 years on radio before moving to TV also.

Settle down, gramps. It's all subjective. What I find hilarious you may not even find mildly amusing. Just like movies, music or anything else that is artful expression, the appreciation is strictly in the eye of the beholder. Oh....Don Rickles compared to Robin Williams? A pox on you, sir!