• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman?

With the new Batman Vs Superman movie coming out who do you think would win.

I would choose Superman as he has the speed,strength and superpowers to beat Batman.

ban-one

Works for panties
As one of the few superheroes without super powers, Batman has to actually be prepared for his battles, and he can out-smart you just as easily as he can kick your ass. And he never, ever forgets the Kryptonite when Superman is around.

:batman:

not my area of expertise, but let me play along.

what is the area of effect of kryptonite? What's to stop superman from hovering out of that range and using his laser beam eyes to turn batman into a pile of smoldering flesh and melted latex?

In a realistic sense where they both go all out Superman could kill Batman in milliseconds if he wanted. Looking at it from a logical conclusion there is just no other way to see it. He could nuke Batman from space with heat vision if he felt like it, but really there is no real way to answer the question as both go to ridiculous lengths to not kill people, and Superman doesn't even like hurting anybody more than the least amount possible to get the job done. Batman knows Superman won't go all out, and will use that to his advantage. Batman also has the advantage of being not only super intelligent (not that Superman isn't), but also being one of the most clever people in the history of fiction. He has the ability to beat people before the fight even happens if he can prepare for it. (In a meta sense Batman he has ridiculous amounts of plot immunity when the writers want it so he can do just about anything even if it doesn't make any sense other than he can get away with it from the readers because Batman is thought to be that much of a badass. He also seems to beat people by shear willpower...because reasons. Any other person I might not buy it, but sometimes I think Batman is one of the few people awesome enough to allow it. :1orglaugh) Batman has beat Superman before, but there is usually a gigantic amount of contrived events and circumstances that come about to make that so, and even then it depends on Superman not really trying nearly as hard as he can.

In a sense if we were to make a fight between them a metaphorical game, Batman is smart and clever enough to play by entirely different rules, while Superman decides to not play the game at all. In the end there is just no logical conclusion that can be made from it as the writers of comics throughout history have tried way too hard to make it so the two of them while vastly different in power level can go head to head.

In a realistic sense where they both go all out Superman could kill Batman in milliseconds if he wanted. Looking at it from a logical conclusion there is just no other way to see it. He could nuke Batman from space with heat vision if he felt like it, but really there is no real way to answer the question as both go to ridiculous lengths to not kill people, and Superman doesn't even like hurting anybody more than the least amount possible to get the job done.

lol wait, you saw the last Superman movie right? He killed more people who just showed up for work that day than ... nvm, I'm not making that reference here.

but you get my point. He threw Zod through like 15 office buildings.

Superman would win hands down if they just go all out. Batman is not on Superman's level and never will be, there aren't many who are. Wonder Woman, Doomsday, Darkseid, other Kryptonians, maybe even Goku. The only reason Batman would even have a chance is if he had kryptonite (which Superman gave him in case he needed to be stopped) and the fact that Superman would hold back. Sure, Batman is smart and always prepares, except for that time against Bane, but let's face it, the only reason Batman would even be able to beat Superman is because Superman allowed it.

ban-one

Works for panties
not my area of expertise, but let me play along.

what is the area of effect of kryptonite? What's to stop superman from hovering out of that range and using his laser beam eyes to turn batman into a pile of smoldering flesh and melted latex?

The krypontite's radiation saps Sup's strength and powers, rendering him a mere mortal, and would eventually kill him, and while he could use his laser vision to zap Batman from space, Sup is usually too nice to fight like that, and Batman knows about the laser vision and would be prepared for it in some way, I mean he does have a global, very diversified, multi-billion(or is it trillion now?)-dollar business to back him up. Meaning Batman could show up with a kryptonite-powered laser of his own to return fire. Or, if Batman wanted to be nice about it, he could also lure Superman into a room artificially lit like by a red star to make Superman normal.

The krypontite's radiation saps Sup's strength and powers, rendering him a mere mortal, and would eventually kill him, and while he could use his laser vision to zap Batman from space, Sup is usually too nice to fight like that, and Batman knows about the laser vision and would be prepared for it in some way, I mean he does have a global, very diversified, multi-billion(or is it trillion now?)-dollar business to back him up. Meaning Batman could show up with a kryptonite-powered laser of his own to return fire. Or, if Batman wanted to be nice about it, he could also lure Superman into a room artificially lit like by a red star to make Superman normal.

Forget nice, this is who would win in a theoretical. Ok, superman flies the planet earth into the sun thus killing batman. That's your nuclear option, literally.

Then he goes and lives on mars.

The end.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
It depends on the artists' interpretation. As many have mentioned, Superman is essentially a walking powerhouse with little to nothing that can stop him. Batman is the being more subject to differing views; he can display more guile in some mediums than in others, he can rely more on ending the fight quickly through overpowering his opponent, or he can mindscrew the enemy into giving up.

In regards to the upcoming movie, I mostly rely on Frank Miler's The Dark Knight Returns for giving me an idea of how the fight will go, but the movie is also obviously in its own universe and separate from the story the comic presents. Superman, for the most part, is still a novice when it comes to utilizing his powers in battle; Zod presented the first real occasion for him to have to learn how to fight and use them. We could believe that since Zod, Superman has had no need to fight the same way he had to, and may have just relied on the basic abilities of strength, flight, super speed, what have you to stop crimes both big and small, but it's likely he hasn't had a challenge that he's needed to really open up a can of asskickery in a while. Meanwhile, Batman seems to be a seasoned veteran, who obviously has mental (and maybe some physical) scars and may be able to hold his own, to some extent, against a being who under normal circumstances could lay waste to him immediately, but may still be unwilling/unable to use his powers in battle effectively.

:2 cents:

ban-one

Works for panties
Forget nice, this is who would win in a theoretical. Ok, superman flies the planet earth into the sun thus killing batman. That's your nuclear option, literally.

Then he goes and lives on mars.

The end.

But Superman always holds back to not accidentally kill someone just by blinking, only showing the full capacity of his powers when dealing with someone on his level. That's just who he is, and that means that he'll fight Batman on his level.

And he's not gonna kill the rest of us to kill Batman, especially when he won't kill a real bad guy that may actually deserve it and be the only way to stop them from doing more harm in the future.

After seeing the film -- it didn't change my initial impression -- there is no feasible way for Batman to beat Superman in a fight. There would have to be ground rules (mostly handicapping Supe) to make it even competitive.

That doesn't mean that Batman is useless as his technology and strategic awareness (he anticipates things whereas Supe can only ever react to something) will keep him in the fight against anyone other than another Superman-type enemy.

I think a better question is who would win -- Batman vs Spiderman?

and the winner is... Hollywood producers

I'm just going to leave this here.
View attachment 479463

Of course that was after Superman was hit by nuclear missile he still hadn't recovered from, and after Green Arrow sneaked attacked him with a Kryptonite arrow almost seconds before that, and after Superman was trying to not hurt Batman in that fight. It goes to show how ridiculous the premise of them fighting is when in their most well known and historically memorable confrontation such extended contrivances were used to make it remotely plausible.

Superman ages right? Obviously, ask the Kents.

So that's who wins in a fight against Superman. Father Time would kick his ass like he does everyone and everything else. If anything, the sun will eventually burn out.

This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

-gollum

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
You guys need to take in consideration not simply (a BIG simply, at that) the obvious supernatural powers or special agilities, the studied and trained abilities, the high-tch gizmos and machinery at their disposal:

We have to take in consideration the mindset tht makes some paths or dcisions before, in and after a fight partly impoissible or, others near inevitable.

If one of us could just slip into being one of the both, and shed or not even start with some of these mental/psychological predisositions, a fight would be totally different.

In that case, I would obviously pick having Kal-Els abilities and drawbacvks. If the setting would bethat we both have a serious issue, Superman can react extremely fast, and in that case, I would IN A FLASH move away from Batman and thus make sure any pocket kryptonite that would be taken out would be harmless due to distance. Then cut Batman down with laser-views.

Of course, this would mean that Superman would see things as gloomy as Batman in this mivies' scenario: A slight possibility taken as a one-day-safe-bet, and thus to be solved asap. Problem: Batman would foresee these inclinations during a discussion and see what I am thinking about, which is a safe bet, too. So I would HAVE to kill the Batman BEFORE discussing any of this in person. But kill him fast and somehow so nobody learns about the god killing the man. Becasue THEN, Batman would have won, and I as Superman would have a world against me.