• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who Was The Best Dracula?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I grew up on Hammer Horror and Christopher Lee so I pick him. Lee was 6'5'', gothic looking, and had the best bad boy Dracula charm. Peter Cushing did a great job playing that villainous Van Helsing too. Christopher Lee also was one of those guys with a voice that you'd pay to hear read the phone book.

Jack Palance actually wasn't too bad either. Nosferatu counts also as Max Schreck and Klaus Kinski both did fine jobs as Count Orlock

5h3W.gif

Last one that sat on my face gave me the red wings. I pay her extra.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
Yeah I grew up with the Hammer Horror films too. Christopher Lee was the best, although the Frank Langella film was very good from memory.

I have to throw Leslie Nielsen in there too. :LOL:

the Bible says that the only good Dracula is a dead Dracula and deader Draculas you can't find than Max Schreck.
Schreck.jpg

Attachments

• Schreck.jpg
    Schreck.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 69

Yeah I grew up with the Hammer Horror films too. Christopher Lee was the best, although the Frank Langella film was very good from memory.

How long has it been since you watched Dracula (1979)? I don't mean to be a jerk but I thought Frank Langella lacked ahhhh.... ummm... oh yeah. Masculinity. BOOM! That's it. Masculinity. I guess it's hard to not look like Tinkerbell following Christopher Lee's performance. Jack Palance the exception, of course.

Look at the difference. Christopher Lee looks like the Prince Of Darkness while Frank Langella looks like a cast member of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. A man with soft eyes harvests no souls.

Dracula-A.D.-1972.jpg

EB19790720REVIEWS71207002AR.jpg

Looking at Palance with his cheekbones I'm trying to picture Henry Silva as Dracula also around 1973. What a face.

HenrySilvaSM02.jpg

MV5BYjc1NjhlOTctZTY3OS00MDNjLThmYjItMGY1YWVkZjlhNGQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA2MDQ4Mg@@._V1_.jpg
face like a frying pan is wjat come to mind but it is actually more skillet than pan if I'm being quoted

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
You should put a poll up.

I remember Bela Lugosi, Christopher Lee, Jack Palance, Frank Langella, George Hamilton, Leslie Nielson, Klaus Kinski and Gary Oldman.

You should put a poll up.

I remember Bela Lugosi, Christopher Lee, Jack Palance, Frank Langella, George Hamilton, Leslie Nielson, Klaus Kinski and Gary Oldman.

I thought about it but this discussion is working out pretty good.

Gary Oldman as Dracula. Very different but Oldman was really creepy. I like how they connected him to Vlad The Impaler in the film too.

I don't know if you like Metal but I like this Iced Earth video.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Christopher Lee was probably my favorite too. Next comes Jack Palance. :)

Offtopic.

Hmmmmm?? If we're talking vampires .. then we have to mention Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins in the Dark Shadows TV show. Over Johnny Depp in the movie.

Jonathan_Frid_Barnabas_Collins_Dark_Shadows_1968.jpg

Last edited:

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
How long has it been since you watched Dracula (1979)? I don't mean to be a jerk but I thought Frank Langella lacked ahhhh.... ummm... oh yeah. Masculinity. BOOM! That's it. Masculinity. I guess it's hard to not look like Tinkerbell following Christopher Lee's performance. Jack Palance the exception, of course.

Look at the difference. Christopher Lee looks like the Prince Of Darkness while Frank Langella looks like a cast member of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. A man with soft eyes harvests no souls.

Yeah it's been a loongg time since I watched it, and I was a wee little lad back then.

A side note forgot to mention Bela Legozi before. (Although John 8581 already did).

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Great topic. I adore Bela Legosi in the 31 version of Dracula. I also gotta mention Leslie Nielsen. :p

download.jpeg

Hmmmmm?? If we're talking vampires ..

As long as we are talking Vampires can you name 5 good vampire movies since 1979? I only come up with three: Nosferatu(1979), Near Dark(1987), and 30 Days Of Night(2007). Nosferatu is my favorite of the three as it was another outstanding Klaus Kinski/Werner Herzog collaboration.

nosferatu_2719611b.jpg

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
As long as we are talking Vampires can you name 5 good vampire movies since 1979? I only come up with three: Nosferatu(1979), Near Dark(1987), and 30 Days Of Night(2007). Nosferatu is my favorite of the three as it was another outstanding Klaus Kinski/Werner Herzog collaboration.

nosferatu_2719611b.jpg
Then you have Louis Jourdan who also played Count Dracula in Count Dracula (1977) in the TV mini-series ...

countdracula3-956.jpg

countdracula4-956.jpg

http://www.baharna.com/store/CountDraculaJourdan/CountDraculaJourdan.htm

Sorry about taking this offtopic but here they are. These are a series of movies about vampires. Not necessarily Count Dracula.

Kate Beckinsale and Wesley Snipes ...

====

Did you like the vampire / werewolf Underworld collaboration off films created by Len Wiseman, Kevin Grevioux, and Danny McBride?

Kate Beckinsale played Selene. Though it was more of a battle between vampires and lycans. A lycan is another word for a werewolf.

Seleme.jpg

2015Underworld_Press_1_150515-1.jpg

Wesley Snipes as Blade. Here with Kris Kristofferson.

blade22.jpg

Last edited:

I have that Count Dracula: The Mini Series on DVD but haven't watched it yet. I keep meaning to and eventually will.

We may have exhausted the Dracula topic so branching the thread out to Vampires is just fine. Let's talk about both Dracula and Vampires.

Never saw the Underworld movies. Also never saw Van Hellsing. I liked the first 2 Blade movies.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
You know what I like? Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992).

Winona Ryder is yummy but also, I like that film in general. Dracula looks odd, but I find him creepy and it works for me. For a bit of a Hollywood movie, I think they did some cool things with it, considering.

download.jpeg