• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who thinks the city allows to many of the same Franchise??

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
We have two Starbucks here within a few city blocks of each other. You can almost stand at one and see the other. It's fucking retarded.

What is franchise . Do you mean what stores are allowed . If so that would be city zoning .Some cities are picky on stores popping up in some areas than others.

I don't mind. it usually takes care of itself: if a brand opens two shops close to each other one of them will eventually close down because of lack of visitors and profits. One thing I don't understand is the vast amount of night shops in my city. In an area of 5 minutes walking from where I live, there are 10 night shops! How the heck they manage to survive I do not know.

What's a night shop? Do they sell stars and moonlight there? :confused:

We have two Starbucks here within a few city blocks of each other. You can almost stand at one and see the other. It's fucking retarded.

In SF you can't almost stand at one Starbuck's and see the other, you can actually do it. As a matter of fact, there's a place in the Financial District where you can stand in one and see two others.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
In SF you can't almost stand at one Starbuck's and see the other, you can actually do it. As a matter of fact, there's a place in the Financial District where you can stand in one and see two others.

I'm okay with finding the people responsible for that and shooting them on sight.

You should give us at least 1 of your Dunkin' Donuts. The only one in the entire state in on a Marine Corps base and is, as one might imagine, difficult to get into if one is not in the military. We'll trade you an In-N-Out, I think that's fair.

I would if i did own one but i don't i don't even have enough money to even think about it

In Central Jersey/Shore area, there are literally Dunkin' Donuts every 1 to 2 miles.

Now they're in gas stations and car washes and in some cases, right down the street form one another.

They are taking over the world.

Its the same way here too in CT they are all owned by brothers one owns over 50 that must be the NY NJ area where you are

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
You maybe right about supply and demand but lets stay i want to open a franchise in my town i can't because the ones that are already here brought the rights to them so no one else can ever open one so the rich just get richer

I doubt that. There are thousands of franchises to choose from. If you have the money and location they will build it for you.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
If a city allows tooo many of the same franchises, the situation will solve itself by itself.

If there is, by example, a McDonalds restaurant every other street (We had that before Subway and Burger King got into here), some of those resaurants died down.

Now that we have the the diversity, things go great.

Right now, we just miss a KFC restaurant and maybe an Hooters restaurant ;)

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Funny you mention Hooters. Just the other day there was a report on the news that there is a fight to keep them out of Coney Island. The city did a lot to fix up the boardwalk but the rest of area is a shit hole. Many more vacant storefronts than occupied. "Oh, the children shouldn't be exposed to...blah, blah, blah." It's a restaurant/sports bar for Christ's sakes. More skin is exposed outside the door than inside. What do these people want to move in there, Amish furniture stores?

Will in my city there is 15 Dunkin Donuts and two of them are right a cross the street from each other
there is 5 McDonalds
3 of the same dollar store
7 cvs
i mean when will they say no i you don't need that many

Why do people love Dunkin Donuts so much in the Northeast? Is it the coffee, the donuts, or something else?

If a city allows tooo many of the same franchises, the situation will solve itself by itself.

If there is, by example, a McDonalds restaurant every other street (We had that before Subway and Burger King got into here), some of those resaurants died down.

Now that we have the the diversity, things go great.

Right now, we just miss a KFC restaurant and maybe an Hooters restaurant ;)

Does not matter here if its bust or not they still say open since they are on a main road but my city will not allow a hooters there has been a one restaurant vacant for 6 years and yet my city has said no to everything that wants to open there

Why do people love Dunkin Donuts so much in the Northeast? Is it the coffee, the donuts, or something else?

Must be the coffee but for me its the Donuts, But you being in Boston Mass thats the home of DD there is one on every corner from what i seen

Must be the coffee but for me its the Donuts, But you being in Boston Mass thats the home of DD there is one on every corner from what i seen

They are the size of restaurants too, not just small coffee shops. Dunkin Donuts are everywhere!

They also rejected getting a Tilted Kilt restaurant nearby. Damn church groups!

They are the size of restaurants too, not just small coffee shops. Dunkin Donuts are everywhere!

They also rejected getting a Tilted Kilt restaurant nearby. Damn church groups!

So true there is one here that took over a pizza hut and there is a new one that has just opened with a fireplace 4 tvs i like its a Dunkin Donuts