• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who played Fallout 3?

Anybody get their hands on this gem yet? Is it a fail like Oblivion or is it awesomeness embodied on your screen? Any comparisons to the original 2 games would be great if possible too :)

Oh, and is Harold still kicking around in this game? It would be a hollow world without that bag of bones and radiation kicking around.

Fuckity fuck! I won't buy from Bethesda again now. SecuRom ruined a PC I worked on for a friend before. You stack up Oblivion sucking so bad I tossed the disc away a year later with this SecuRom BS that I boycotted EA for, Bethesda is a company I will stay away from forever now. Why doesn't anyone listen to Stardock?

Fuckers need to read this: http://www.stardock.com/about/newsitem.asp?id=1095

The Gamer's Bill of Rights:

* Gamers shall have the right to return games that don't work with their computers for a full refund.
* Gamers shall have the right to demand that games be released in a finished state.
* Gamers shall have the right to expect meaningful updates after a game's release.
* Gamers shall have the right to demand that download managers and updaters not force themselves to run or be forced to load in order to play a game.
* Gamers shall have the right to expect that the minimum requirements for a game will mean that the game will play adequately on that computer.
* Gamers shall have the right to expect that games won't install hidden drivers or other potentially harmful software without their consent.
* Gamers shall have the right to re-download the latest versions of the games they own at any time.
* Gamers shall have the right to not be treated as potential criminals by developers or publishers.
* Gamers shall have the right to demand that a single-player game not force them to be connected to the Internet every time they wish to play.
* Gamers shall have the right that games which are installed to the hard drive shall not require a CD/DVD to remain in the drive to play.

I'm making a post stating why I'm a Stardock fanboy. By the way, if everyone on this forum emails the Gamer's Bill of Rights to Bethesda EA and others, maybe they'll catch on after a few thousand emails.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Fuckity fuck! I won't buy from Bethesda again now. SecuRom ruined a PC I worked on for a friend before. You stack up Oblivion sucking so bad I tossed the disc away a year later with this SecuRom BS that I boycotted EA for, Bethesda is a company I will stay away from forever now. Why doesn't anyone listen to Stardock?

Fuckers need to read this: http://www.stardock.com/about/newsitem.asp?id=1095

The Gamer's Bill of Rights:

* Gamers shall have the right to return games that don't work with their computers for a full refund.
* Gamers shall have the right to demand that games be released in a finished state.
* Gamers shall have the right to expect meaningful updates after a game's release.
* Gamers shall have the right to demand that download managers and updaters not force themselves to run or be forced to load in order to play a game.
* Gamers shall have the right to expect that the minimum requirements for a game will mean that the game will play adequately on that computer.
* Gamers shall have the right to expect that games won't install hidden drivers or other potentially harmful software without their consent.
* Gamers shall have the right to re-download the latest versions of the games they own at any time.
* Gamers shall have the right to not be treated as potential criminals by developers or publishers.
* Gamers shall have the right to demand that a single-player game not force them to be connected to the Internet every time they wish to play.
* Gamers shall have the right that games which are installed to the hard drive shall not require a CD/DVD to remain in the drive to play.

I'm making a post stating why I'm a Stardock fanboy. By the way, if everyone on this forum emails the Gamer's Bill of Rights to Bethesda EA and others, maybe they'll catch on after a few thousand emails.

Developers pushing security = the reason why I have no problem pirating their stuff.

Like was mentioned, Stardock is an excellent example of a gaming business model. Great games, great service. You're not pressured to pay, feel like a crook nor have to update a patch just to play half their stuff. It works from the start. ;)

~~~~~~~~~

On-Topic: I plan on renting the PS3 version to make a preliminary decision on when.. and whether.. to buy it.

I mean ya know.. Fallout 1 and 2 are like sex. You cant deny how awesome it is. Fallouts, I mean. :p lolol

I'm going to pay for my neighbor or my cousin to rent Fallout 3, Blockbuster's website said they had it in stock since the 28th. I'm pretty sure it will be the same on 360 as it will be on PS3 or PC. Some reviews I read just seem a lot like Oblivions reviews, simply an 'it's awesome!' then 2 weeks later the poster regrets saying that. Games that are hyped up like Fallout 3 can suck and seem good for the first few months they are out sadly, called the 'ooh shiny effect' and I am one of the few people immune to such an effect lol. If possible I'll post my review in the next week.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I've got it on 360 and it's a great game.As great as Oblivion so far.

Yeah, except Oblivion 360 and PS3 dont have people modding constantly like the PC versions. :(

Oblivion PC = renewed fun with just a couple downloads.

Yeah, except Oblivion 360 and PS3 dont have people modding constantly like the PC versions. :(

Oblivion PC = renewed fun with just a couple downloads.

Same reason I play Morrowind on PC still. I got me an uber-house I designed on the game editor in Balmora (love that town) and for Oblivion the Francescos Leveled Creatures Mod is a must or else that game just downright sucks.

I just picked it up, and it's pretty good. If you like Oblivion and the like you'll love it.

I don't like sand box games very much, so I'm not a fan. I like my games to be more like novels, where there is a linear story, and unfortunately, no one likes linear games anymore except for me and the people who work for Mistwalker Studios lol.

Namreg

Banned
i spent YEARS playing morrowind... balmora is my home as well :) i don't like oblivion as much despite patrick stewart, it just feels more sterile somehow.
i hope F3 is good, but i'll wait a while to see... and then i will buy the PC version, not the PS3 one.

Lol, rent first on console, if you don't own a 360 or PS3 like me rent it for your buddies or neighbors who do have one.

ive been playing this game i love it...all the perks, weapons, and spots make its replayability very high for not being online

I was seriously considering to buy it... but not now that i have read articles saying what D-Rock well summed up.

Its very sad.

Sad to see a great franchise like Fallout stuck into that.
Sad to see what was once one of the most innovative, creative and interresting gaming company out there, Bethesda, sunking like this...

I guess i will stick with Daggerfall... :(

Spleen

Banned?
I just completed it, I've had it for ages just been very lazy about it.

My verdict? Easily one of the best games I've ever played. I'll definately be replaying it at some point.

But this time around, I'm gonna be the most evil son of a bitch the wasteland has ever seen...

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
But this time around, I'm gonna be the most evil son of a bitch the wasteland has ever seen...

gotta compete with me man. I'm killing everything I can find!!!