• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who Is The Greatest LIVING Music Legend?

Who Is The Greatest LIVING Music Legend?

• Eric Clapton

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Prince

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Elton John

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Madonna

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Phil Collins

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Stevie Wonder

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Mick Jagger

• Paul McCartney

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Aretha Franklin

• Smokey Robinson

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Well of course this is all subjective to your own musical tastes.

Rock:
1: Chuck Berry
2: Eric Clapton
3: Bob Dylan

1: Hank Williams, Jr.
2: Merle Haggard
3: Willie Nelson

Blues:
1: B.B. King
2: Gregg Allman
3: Buddy Guy

Pop:
1:
2:
3:
Because there is no such thing in Pop music.

This is a damned good list TRW although I'd probably have to go 3(b) on the rock list in a tie between Paul McCartney and Neil Young and 3(b) on the country list with George Jones but no disagreements otherwise. Really subjective question. :thumbsup:

Jandek!

Chuck Berry for me,

Exactly! How the hell Chuck isn't on the list baffles me. He is pretty much a god as far as Rock n Roll is concerned. What about Fats Domino as well? They are in their 80s but they are still alive.:tongue:

B.B. King.

Tony Iommi

Little Richard may not be the best but he belongs on the list.

"He claims to be “the architect of rock and roll,” and history would seem to bear out Little Richard’s boast. More than any other performer - save, perhaps, Elvis Presley, Little Richard blew the lid off the Fifties, laying the foundation for rock and roll with his explosive music and charismatic persona. On record, he made spine-tingling rock and roll. His frantically charged piano playing and raspy, shouted vocals on such classics as "Tutti Frutti", "Long Tall Sally" and "Good Golly, Miss Molly" defined the dynamic sound of rock and roll'

B.B King

/Thread.

P.S I do love Chuck Berry.
I agree with all of you,and add Jerry Lee to the list.
But if you put a gun to my head I vote for Jagger.
The rest are boring.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
But if you put a gun to my head I vote for Jagger.

Wow, thanks Swede! That shocks me....:shock::shocked:

Although....now that I think about it I guess I am a pretty decent rhythm guitarist....and I do play some harmonica but....to be considered the greatest living music legend?? :surprise:

That's very humbling.

Oh....wait....you....meant....that Jagger :facepalm: Oh geez.....uh.....well....never mind then.:uohs:

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
:lame:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Living Drummers?? Neil Peart.

Speaking of one on this list... how is Phil Collins? Is he better? ... Anyone hear?

(The pain in his neck was so bad at one point, that pinched nerve in his upper vertebrae was preventing him from holding his drumsticks.)

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Noel Gallagher :bowdown:

Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin is suffering from pancreatic cancer

It is the only major cancer with a prognosis in the single digits, and those diagnosed with pancreatic cancer have a 5 percent chance of living five years, said Dr. Diane Simeone, director of the multidisciplinary Pancreatic Tumor Clinic at the University of Michigan. Of those, 85 percent are not candidates for surgery and must undergo treatments which are not curative.

"It has the worst prognosis of any major human malignancy," Simeone said. "It is the most dreaded cancer to get."

Bill Joel is the greatest living music legend.