• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who here has Madden 08?

I have it for PS3, only played it a couple times though.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i have 06 or 07 and i cant get rid of it. i dont like football games, it just came with a ps2 i found at a thrift store.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I don't like American Football and shouldn't this be in 'Games And Stuff'?

I have it, I'm trying like hell to find alternate uniform downloads. I dont know if they dont have any or if I'm just looking in the wrong place.

The big problem with the Madden series is each year they try to add new features instead of actually fixing the problems that football fans have been complaining about for over a decade now. Some people would give anything if they just fixed all the problems it has had.

One of the biggest is blocking. Still after all these years it's like the defender and blocker are magnetically attracted to each other and a lot of defenders will turn and go to a blocker instead of taking an angle to the ball carrier like they would in real life. The other thing that has plagued almost every football game ever made is the fact that getting a sack with somebody on the defensive line is almost a complete effort in futility. Unless you do some stunt or trick out the computer in ways they would never play like in real life it's almost impossible. In fact most running back will also pick up the blitz perfectly if there is one. There are other things I have never liked, like the ability of quarterbacks to throw perfectly across their body or while running backwards while having no idea where their receivers are, the fact you can get tackled by somebody lying on the ground with his back up just by running near them, the unrealistic ability of having five or six special teams players around the person that catches the ball on 90% of the plays, when running up the middle is useless too often even when you have a superior run blocking offensive line, the ability of defensive backs to know exactly where the ball is and when to jump when they are not even looking back, the ability of defensive backs to close the gap with a receiver before the ball is even out of a quarterbacks hands, and the ability of most of the players in the game to be able to turn on a dime. If fact I think the only difference between difficulty levels is not the quality of play you face off against it's the fact that at higher levels they just make the computer controlled team psychic where they know exactly what your going to do each time.

I would much prefer they fix stuff like that instead of adding things like a big hit button or the other things they have come up with through the years.

Yeah I think they fixed the "suction blocking" problem on the next-gen versions of Madden 08. Now you can make your offensive linemen double-block oncoming defensive players.

But yeah, there are still a lot of problems. However, things are looking hopeful with the next-gen versions. EA seems to be getting their act together, after finally realising that the 2k series of games have something going for them. I think that over the next couple of years the Madden games will become great once again.

I think that getting sacks with defensive linemen is quite easy. It also depends what kind of linemen you have. It's easier to get sacks with quicker, more agile defensive linemen.

The special teams play on Madden hasn't changed in over 5 or 6 years. They really have to work on that, because like you said, it is almost impossible to return a punt for more than 10 yards. Special teams in the real game are such a dynamic and exciting aspect, and many games turn on a big play by the special teams. On Madden they seem to be less than an afterthought.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Reality triumphs, yet again.

:sigh:

I wish games were a viable alternate reality, instead of a temporary diversion.

i've got it on 360. i like it. i think its miles ahead of 07 on 360. its fun to play some of my friends on xbox live. i stink compared to them though.

So could someone tell me if there are any alternate uniforms available for download on xbox live, and if so how to get them. I can't seem to figure out how to find them. Thanks

i still have/play madden 04. Once I got into franchise mode... I have no real need to but every madden edition that comes out annually. I mean you have your annual drafts, free agency, some trades, rookies. I'm satisfied thank you very much.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
next couple of years the Madden games will become great once again.

I beg to differ, EA will never get their act together, they're just in for the money, not the costumers.

I have it on XBOX 360 and it's a good game but aside from a few new features it's pretty much the same game as last year and the year before and so on . I can't wait for that stupid exclusivity deal to end so we can have some fair competition for football videogames .