• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Which Skill or Craft Did You Wish You Learned When You Were Younger?

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I would say I would have loved to learn carpentry, electircal work, or some form of engineering.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Woodworking. I've done some, but nothing to the extent I would like.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
Carpentry or mechanics. I've tried seeing if I could do something along the lines of an apprenticeship for either, but it seems that that's not something people really do nowadays.

DR. B

Closed Account
I wish my parents had paid for piano lessons

:(

I had, at some point or another, thought of becoming a luthier.

Woodworking. I've done some, but nothing to the extent I would like.

Isn't that what we all do on Freeones: wood work? :rubbel: :D
Ship building. Particularly making ships and boats out of wood.

In SF, over by Fisherman's Wharf, the California Historical Society actually has a pier and a shop where people can learn the craft of shipbuilding. They actually do much of the restoration and maintenance on the historical vessels around the bay.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I'm glad that I chose the path that I did. But I hold machinists and (floor level) manufacturing engineers in the highest regard. When I go into facilities, I may treat a (bad) plant manager or superintendent like a piece of crap. But I always try to be respectful toward machinists (manual and CNC). I've met machinists who have a more solid hold on engineering principles than some engineers with degrees. I've gone back and taken classes on my own time & dime to learn how to write CNC programs and do light CAD/CAM work. I'll likely never do that for a living, but it's something that I'm really proud that I (somewhat) understand how to do.

Maybe it's not for everyone. But when younger people complain that there are "no jobs"... depending on where you live, if you know how to program a CNC machine tool or a robot, you could easily have a job tomorrow - and those jobs tend to pay rather well ($20/hour +). IMO, the technology that's being used in the manufacturing sector these days is REALLY fascinating.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
The ability to destroy stuff with my mind. Dirl would so totally have his head assploded by now if I had that in my repertoire.

Welding

It's an interesting question. I was very fortunate in that I had a lot of different kinds of music lessons, but I also was part of a large family that all did construction. So I'm musical and handy. I'm a double threat.

One thing that I would love to be able to do, and feel free to mock me openly, I'm fine with that, my penis is bigger than yours, is glass blowing and stained glass. I love it.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
It's an interesting question. I was very fortunate in that I had a lot of different kinds of music lessons, but I also was part of a large family that all did construction. So I'm musical and handy. I'm a double threat.

One thing that I would love to be able to do, and feel free to mock me openly, I'm fine with that, my penis is bigger than yours, is glass blowing and stained glass. I love it.

Anything yet? I've been focusing solely on your signature and avatar for the last half hour and I want to know if you've at least got a headache.

bahodeme

Closed Account
Play Rugby. There are other things like painting that I think is great, but I don't have the acumen for.

LeyaFalcon

Official Checked Star Member
How to get attention LOL ... I don't know, I have always been very artsy so I was always very good at crafts (painting I still love to do), I never really had many friends so I was always reading big books way higher than at my age level so I learned how to speak properly and write from that I suppose. Other than all of that, I can't think of anything so basically I am good at anything requiring calling attention to myself, anything involving using words or logic and also creative and dramatic things.