• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Which members are from Canada, Eh?!

Hi boys !! Im from Canada. Nice to meet you all. Our government does suck though I agree lol.

Welcome to the forum, Taystevens :hatsoff:

Current partial results in Quebec:

66 - Parti Liberal (Jean Charest)
43 - Parti Québecois (Pauline Marois)
6 - Alliance Democratique du Québec (Mario Dumont)

20:34:08 RC announced a Majoritairy Liberal Government.

Im a citizen of the states, but I spend a lot of time up in the Haliburton Highlands (tiny town called Minden) Have a house on a lake.

LOVE CANADA :D

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
thank you :) ive been kinda lurking around the last while but its good to finally post. Your very beautiful btw :)

:rofl: Don't worry, I did the exact same thing...

:wave2: Welcome to the board, Tay!

66 - Parti Liberal (Jean Charest)
43 - Parti Québecois (Pauline Marois)
6 - Alliance Democratique du Québec (Mario Dumont)

That's good news, but what the hell happened to the Alliance? Going from 41 seats to 6?

:That's good news, but what the hell happened to the Alliance? Going from 41 seats to 6?

I think the ADQ went down for a few reasons I'll explain as briefly as I can unless it would be too long (of course I may be completly wrong) :

1. A too sudden success based on the boredom that people felt about the traditional parties (PLQ and PQ) and their federalist/separatist debate.
Dumont seemed to have another approach to offer to people... But he never explained it and it lost credibility.
Before the 2007 election, the ADQ never had more than 4 candidates elected. In 2007 they got 41. They were not prepared, the candidates were unexperienced and not "the best breed of wannabe politicians" :)
So Dumont tried to do everything by himself and could not cope with the well established and organized parties (PLQ and PQ). He made many mistakes, lost credibility and had nobody to go on the frontline with him.

2, People don't vote twice for a party simply because they are bored with the others. The bad performance of the ADQ threw them off. They expressed their boredom by voting for other new groups (Quebec solidaire (1 guy was elected), Parti vert, etc...).

3. The ADQ did not modernized his politics (a bit like the Alliance did by uniting with the Conservative). It is a kind of faraway regions and countryside party concerned by issues too traditional and outdated to interest people of a bigger city like Montreal and its region (more than half of the province). They voted once for him but Dumont sticked to his regional issues and values and he lost these votes.

4. The action on the federal scene was more interesting to follow than the provincial campaing.
It helped the PLQ this way: it looked bad to have a minority government. We need stability, so let's make sure that the PLQ will have the majority.
It helped the PQ because a week of Quebec bashing just before an election is not something that helps federalists. The PQ did not even talked about that. It was like votes falling from the sky. (Probably Marois will send a Thank You card to Harper).
Nothing in it for Dumont who lost votes because of that.

In a sense it is sad because to have a 3rd choice would be something good for the province. But based on the speeches of Charest and Marois we'll be trapped again in the same old debate.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I was born in Toronto. I moved to America to escape religious persecution.

TAYSTEVENS

Official Checked Star Member
Hey guys.. wanted to thank you all again for your votes and keeping me going. Im glad that I have you in my corner. Im going through a tough time right now and your support and encouragement is amazing. My recent blog update is about hanging xmas ornaments have you hung yours yet ?.
Love you tons here are my jingle boobie bells... dont forget to join the free fanclub at www.playwithtay.com
xoxo
Tay
www.taystevens.com
www.vote4tay.com
ornamentblog1.jpg

ornamentblog2.jpg

ornamnetblog41.jpg

Hey guys.. wanted to thank you all again for your votes and keeping me going. Im glad that I have you in my corner. Im going through a tough time right now and your support and encouragement is amazing. My recent blog update is about hanging xmas ornaments have you hung yours yet ?.
Love you tons here are my jingle boobie bells... dont forget to join the free fanclub at www.playwithtay.com
xoxo
Tay
www.taystevens.com
www.vote4tay.com
ornamentblog1.jpg

ornamentblog2.jpg

ornamnetblog41.jpg

OMG how cum I didnot here about u before i feel very regretfull :(

TheOrangeCat

AFK..being taken to the vet to get neutered.
Je suis un résident du Canada. Eh?

J'habite dans la Nation du Québec!! Estie.

I'm not unemployed or smuggling cigarettes across the border
I don't eat Pepsi and May West for breakfast
I don't watch da hockey game doing it doggie-style
And no, I don't know Claude, Manon, or François in Abitibi-Témiscamingue
But I'm sure they all have nice teeth

I smoke in church
I speak Québecois in Joual, not French or Hinglish
I pronounce it "turd", not third
And eating French fries with cheese makes sense, mon estie,
I believe in a distinct society, as long as someone else pays for it
I believe in language-police, not equal rights
And, chalis, I believe that Club Super-Sex is an appropriate place