• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Where would you go if there was a disaster in your area?

depends on the circumstances, but most likely: gather family, grab guns and supplies, head for the mountains (they are 10min away).

Besides a zombie apocalypse, what good are guns going to do you??

"Holy shit! A tornado has touched down, get the rifle!!" :1orglaugh You must be American.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
So you would try to kill those trying to save your life? :dunno:

No, but I would question the true motives of any agency that would see fit to intern me in a communal camp, and deny me the right to have certain Constitutional rights. I also feel I am capable of taking care om me, and my own. I don't always take for granted that our leaders truly have the peoples best interest in mind. I sight hurricane Katrina, as all the proof I need.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Down to the root cellar, I don't know if there are acutal roots down there though.

No, but I would question the true motives of any agency that would see fit to intern me in a communal camp, and deny me the right to have certain Constitutional rights. I also feel I am capable of taking care om me, and my own. I don't always take for granted that our leaders truly have the peoples best interest in mind. I sight hurricane Katrina, as all the proof I need.
But would you shoot at them if they insisted that you follow them?

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
But would you shoot at them if they insisted that you follow them?

I don't know. I would defend myself, and my family till the very end. I imagine they would probably shoot me though. The whole point is, their motives aren't always in the best interest of the people. Just because they say they are trying to help, doesn't mean that's the case. After Katrina, the mayor of New Orleans had thew police confiscate all of the guns of the evacuees. Some of those people are still fighting to get their firearms back. They weren't allowed to take them, now they're not allowed to have them back? I should go to a "safe location", so no one can do me harm, but I'm denied my basic right to defend myself, while those that might commit the crimes are free to roam at will.

I guess they would put me down, because I would refuse to go. In today's world, there are to many rights for everyone, but the people that have earned them. Criminals run free, and the law abiding are put in "protective custody", of some sort. If it gets that bad, let the law abiding, take out whomever tries to do them harm...it might take a while, but after enough of the criminals are killed by the law abiding, maybe they'll get the message.

I don't need a Government to protect me...just my rights, and when they start to take them away, all in the name of supposed security, and safety, then they have become the oppressive force, they're supposed to be preserving my rights from.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I'm watching Mayor Bloomberg tell people living in certain areas of New York City to evacuate (about 300K people). The first question that came to my mind was: where will they go??? I mean, a lot of people in New York don't have cars. And even if they did, what would be their destination?

So if the area where you live was hit by a natural disaster, or any other type of disaster, where would you go?

If it was a storm approaching from the west, I guess I'd jump in my car and drive east. A storm from the east? I guess I'd just drive west. An earthquake (as we just had) or a tornado? :dunno: I've come to realize that I don't really have a plan.

The City used to have National Guard Armories and Salvation Army shelters...However with budget cuts, I'm not sure if they are still in existence. There used to be one in Jamaica Queens. That's where the State used to schedule state licensing exams for attorneys and certified public accountants.

I'm not sure about how many cots/sleeping areas they could put up there in for families... maybe 400 to 600 would be my guess.

Not that much damage here on Long Island, mostly power outages... National Grid is restablishing the lights slowly. Power went out here at 4:30 AM and came back 11:30 AM.

I would probably hide in my basement if it was something like a tornado. But an earthquake I would stand in the middle of a field with my two cats! ha ha
Living in the middle of no where is a plus :D

Sorta puts things into perspective for many people who so readily laid blame on those in New Orleans for not evacuating.

Not so easy to just up and go "somewhere" in a couple of days when you think about it...is it?

Especially for those who may not even have transportation let alone the financial resources.