• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Where even Walmart won't go: how Dollar General took over rural America

So I read your article and I think, “ there are a shit ton of Dollar General stores in my area and we have a population over 350,000”. I buy detergent, batteries, paper towels from them myself. This article is some sort of hit piece on a flourishing U.S. business and it reads as if it is the driving force behind obesity. It makes it seem that these economic bullies are rolling into rural America and force feeding them pure cane sugar.
What a bunch of bull.

Dollar General are in that vast barren wasteland of New York City too.
F2_ED038_A-70_D4-44_FC-9_A02-_D40_C24205_BC0.jpg

Have more Dollar Tree than Dollar General or Family Dollar. Which they and another store are all under the same corporation if I remember right.

Dollar Tree is where I get my 8 pack batteries at. Last just as long as Duracell or Energizer batteries. And it's like 5 bucks for a pack of four of name brand.

Dollar tree is good too. These stores have certain things you need when you just don’t have the time or feel like going into the bigger stores. Those rural towns are grateful to have a place like a Dollar General or Family Dollar in their area.

So I read your article and I think, “ there are a shit ton of Dollar General stores in my area and we have a population over 350,000”. I buy detergent, batteries, paper towels from them myself. This article is some sort of hit piece on a flourishing U.S. business and it reads as if it is the driving force behind obesity. It makes it seem that these economic bullies are rolling into rural America and force feeding them pure cane sugar.
What a bunch of bull.

Dollar General are in that vast barren wasteland of New York City too.
Fucking Aye, shit paper, p. towels, dish soap, dryer sheets, etc. Can't beat the prices. ;)

:1orglaugh

Reminds me of that one chick protesting milk cos of cow violence lmao

Luxman

#TRE45ON
The article is about small towns and how huge corporations like Dollar General suck the wealth from those small communities, and give very little back.

The article is about small towns and how huge corporations like Dollar General suck the wealth from those small communities, and give very little back.
Well, didn't read but I'd rather spend 1 buck for 4 rolls of 80 grit sandpaper than $6.99 for a 4 pack of your Charmin. J/S

In the ghetto of my area another Family Dollar and Dollar General opened up. Way I look at it it provides jobs for those wanting to work and are local so able to arrive to work via bicycle, walk or 5-10 minute bus ride. As for the small ma and pop stores I don't know what to say about them. I have a family member that owns their own food stand and serves all types of regular menu items and daily specials for dirt cheap. She's in middle of fast food alley and gas stations and been going strong for like 15 years or more.

They are spreading like mad

So was Rite Aid and CVS. They were seriously on every other corner and across from each other. And Rite Aid was the one that collapsed and 90% ended up shutting down. CVS ended up being the one that had losses but kept financial stability and didn't have to close as many stores. So time shall tell about whether spreading like wildfire is prosperous or not.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Then the grocery stores suck because Dollar General doesn’t sell meat and produce.

Most people buy the cheaper processed crap because they don't understand why unprocessed foods are way more healthy for everyone.
Processed foods have very little nutrition, added sugars and other chemicals to make them addictive.

Most people buy the cheaper processed crap because they don't understand why unprocessed foods are way more healthy for everyone.
Processed foods have very little nutrition, added sugars and other chemicals to make them addictive.
What planet you live on thinking the general population can afford over priced organic foods, gluten free, unprocessed foods, etc? LOL, must be nice to make your kinda money. Enjoy your carrot sticks while have this big plates of nacho's with everything. I'll post a pick later and maybe we can take the 2 pix and start a poll??? I wonder who wins???

It's neat to compare the dollar store market in different countries.

In Canada it's dominated by Dollarama - you can literally find stores less than a block from each other.

And Japanese dollar stores - the quality is through the roof. The stuff is so good there are "Japanese dollar stores" opening up in North America now.

LMFAO, no shit. And just like gluten, people have been eating things that contain gluten for thousands of years and now just recently it's a problem? I LMAO at these dipshits

:rofl2:

People like that really ruin if for people who actually have a gluten intolerance or a food allergy. I'm gluten free because I have IBS and if I consume gluten (pasta, bread), I'm going to be on the toilet all day with diarrhea. Last week I was dining out at restaurant and I had this little shit of a waiter who decided he was going to question whether I legitimately had a gluten intolerance. Luckily I'm a nice guy and still left him a decent tip.