• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

When Was The Last Time You Ate A Quiznos Sandwich?

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I won't do corned beef, or pastrami from anywhere but a true Jewish deli. We have a couple semi close by, as far as Subway goes, the last couple of sandwiches I got from then, were pretty nasty, and I'm done with them.

I've always wanted a Reuben from the Carnegie Deli, but that's one on my bucket list I'll probably never get to. There used to be a Blimpie over at the college in Nacogdoches, they had great sandwiches. Subway used to be awesome, but when they changed how they cut the bread everything else went downhill with it.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I've always wanted a Reuben from the Carnegie Deli, but that's one on my bucket list I'll probably never get to. There used to be a Blimpie over at the college in Nacogdoches, they had great sandwiches. Subway used to be awesome, but when they changed how they cut the bread everything else went downhill with it.
Another reason for Subway's decline, in my opinion is, they've changed food service companies. They used to be exclusively serviced by Sysco Foodservice. Sysco was losing a lot of money on that account, so when the contract was up, they rebid at a number that gave them a fair profit, but Subway didn't want to hear it, and went to another vendor. I have a buddy in a middle management position there, and he explained it all, but the short version is, Sysco does really have high end goods, don't think the new place does, because now they suck.

xfire

Rating my experience with Sub Sandwiches, Quizno's and Blimpie's are Kings of The Hill. Jason's Deli and McCallister's are 2nd tier. The current incarnation of Subway is the worst of the bunch, different story if you go back 25-30 years, Which Wich joins Subway at the bottom of the pile. Local favorites, Kmart Deli back in the day, Anthony's Grocery in downtown Lufkin, and Lone Star Charlie's Family Restaurant for their Reuben and fries. 😋

subs.jpg

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
We don't have any Quiznos around me anymore, nor a Blimpies, although they are in Ohio. The rest aren't around me, as far as I know. We have Pot Belly's, Jersey Mike's, Penn Station, Jimmy Johns, and DeBellas, The best is Jersey Mike's, or Penn Station, for a cheese steak, and Pot Belly's for cold cuts, along with Jersey Mike's. We also seem to have a shortage of good Jewish Deli's, and lately the offerings have been dry, and not so hot. The other issue I have is, since lock down, and a total lack of fucks given by a lot of employees, I've discovered that the quality of the actual construction of the sandwich has declined, and because of costs, there seems to be less meat, and more toppings on a sandwich, which means I have to order double meat on most of them.

Last edited:

xfire

Quality and quantity of everything has taken a serious hit over the last few years, I've gotten to where I don't participate if the family wants take-out.