• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What's Your Guilty Pleasure Band or Music?

We all have one...that band or song that you refuse to admit that you like, and secretly hide the CD so no one thinks your a douche. We'll here's your chance to come clean. It's ok to admit you like Brittany Spears' first CD...you'll feel much better once you get it off your chest.

Here's a few of my guilty pleasures:

Winger - I grew up in the 80's hair band days...sue me
Taylor Swift - Love Story - Hell she's hot that's probably why I like the song.
Blink 182 - Kind of guilty kind of not..they got teeny bopish after the first couple albums, but the songs were still fun
Skid Row - 80's metal...Sorry..I love it.

The Cure.

I only call them a guilty pleasure because all my friends hate em. But I don't really care too much. Robert Smith is brilliant.

If I had to pick a specific song... Probably Love Cats.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Manowar, their image is completely ridiculous and their lyrics seems to be written by a narcissistic and slightly fascist twelwe year old dungeons and dragons geek...and i like them.

The Cure.

I only call them a guilty pleasure because all my friends hate em. But I don't really care too much. Robert Smith is brilliant.

Oh man...I've dug the Cure forever. I used to have all the posters and shit back in the day. I wouldn't even call them a guilty pleasure.

Now Depeche Mode on the other hand...they might be...but I liked them too.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
Is there a limit to the number of "Wow, you really listen to that kind of bullshit" bands that I can list? Because, I have a lot of them...

Kelly Clarkson
Goo Goo Dolls
Sugar Ray
Mandy Moore...I repeat, Mandy Moore
Richard Marx (HAHAHAHA)
Bruce Hornsby
Etc.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
I have to proudly admit that I am BIG Britney Spears fan......her latest single "If U Seek Amy" is catchy as hell and is on constant rotation on my whips' cd changer!!

Is there a limit to the number of "Wow, you really listen to that kind of bullshit" bands that I can list? Because, I have a lot of them...

Kelly Clarkson
Goo Goo Dolls
Sugar Ray
Mandy Moore...I repeat, Mandy Moore
Richard Marx (HAHAHAHA)
Bruce Hornsby
Etc.

Sweet list Chef..I almost put the Goo's on my initial post. And how can you beat the sappiest bullshit piano ballad of all time "Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx...it's as good as it gets.

I like a lot of music that most people probably never heard of nor would they believe that I listen to all of them on my iPod:

Enya - Got her Greatest hits and about 4 other CDs. It's soothing music at its best.
Pure Moods - Collection of music that's great during aroma therapy (not that I ever do it)
50 Cent - I like Gangsta Rap from time to time and 50's first CD is among the best ever. I would add The Chronic to this list if I had the CD but I did buy 3 songs off that album through iTune. The Next Episode = Best ever.
Nora Jones - Come Away With Me is still one of the best songs in my iPod. Just love that song to death.
Nanci Griffith - I don't like country but she is the closest artist I listen to that can be categorized as such. Love her folkish tunes and texas accent. Brave Companion of the Road is a very moving song that I never get tired of listening to.
Amy Grant - I listen to a lot of her early gospel albums. I don't consider myself a Christian anymore but her songs are still my favorites.
System of a Down - When you need some hard rockin' they are one band that I turn to. Chop Suey is such an awesome song.

Death Cab for Cutie - Soul Meets Body
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Home
Coldplay - Clocks

:anonymous

Death Cab for Cutie - Soul Meets Body
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Home
Coldplay - Clocks

:anonymous

those are nothing to me embarrassed about.

i hate motley crue, but there is a couple songs i'm embarrassed to say i enjoy. and this band, 30 seconds to mars. so shit...but so good.

The Cure.

Yeah. I'm not embarassed about anything I listen to. But the Cure is the closest I have to a guilty pleasure, I guess. Just because my buddies rag me for it.

But like I said, I don't really care. I don't discriminate. Good tunes is good tunes.

Most of my friends are musicians. They play heavy stuff. Good stuff. But they could branch out a little more.

The Cure... is just freaking amazing.

Many mainstream artists like Beyonce, Katy Perry or Lady Gaga have songs that I've enjoyed over youtube.

But most of them you only listen to once, then you've had enough. That always makes me warm inside, knowing that's it's actually true how shallow that music is.

Def Leppard.

I'm enjoying Lily Allens new stuff :hatsoff: and as Boobinator said, I can also listen to Katy Perry if she's on the radio and enjoy it for what it is.

Radiohead - I know they shouldnt be considered as a guilty pleasure but I used to hate them but now they're growing on me.