• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What would you do with...

I can tell you one thing, if I won, prior to producing the winning ticket I would set up exactly where the money was going to go in the short term, I'd change my phone number, kill my email address, and book a trip on a private chartered jet to somewhere extremely private and secure. Once that was done, I'd collect the winnings, and get the hell out of dodge. Can you imagine how many people/organisations/charities/etc. would suddenly be calling and begging for money?

I had already considered all that shit. I wouldn't be seen or heard from any of a number of my inner (or outer) circle if I hit that shit. Straight off the bat I'd just raid my savings now which would be more than enough for a couple months "break" to an indoor waterpark one state away that my ex and me stayed at once. :suspicious:

Then I'd seek a good Scandinavian-American lawyer and possibly have my parents hook me up with their financial adviser who has our same surname and have everything set up just right. Honestly I wouldn't even want to go public with it so I would have a lawyer or adviser represent me in that respect.

Course, this is never going to happen; I am working on my first mill' though at the moment. Also to continue my graduate degree...

I had already considered all that shit. I wouldn't be seen or heard from any of a number of my inner (or outer) circle if I hit that shit. Straight off the bat I'd just raid my savings now which would be more than enough for a couple months "break" to an indoor waterpark one state away that my ex and me stayed at once. :suspicious:

Then I'd seek a good Scandinavian-American lawyer and possibly have my parents hook me up with their financial adviser who has our same surname and have everything set up just right. Honestly I wouldn't even want to go public with it so I would have a lawyer or adviser represent me in that respect.

Course, this is never going to happen; I am working on my first mill' though at the moment. Also to continue my graduate degree...

I don't believe you have any choice but to go public. The results are public domain, and you can bet the lottery corporations want names published - it gives them credibility, showing that a real person won.

And good for you, working on your grad degree. It helps when you're trying to make your millions. :)

I don't believe you have any choice but to go public. The results are public domain, and you can bet the lottery corporations want names published - it gives them credibility, showing that a real person won.

And good for you, working on your grad degree. It helps when you're trying to make your millions. :)

I believe I did hear at one point that every state is different when it comes to going public. I think those guys on Long Island that won a load not long ago didn't go public - it was their advisers. Surely someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe I did hear at one point that every state is different when it comes to going public. I think those guys on Long Island that won a load not long ago didn't go public - it was their advisers. Surely someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Fuck you, you're wrong!

Actually, I have no idea. I was just making a guess. Feel free to smack my bottom.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I do believe you have to go public. It's part of the marketing for the lottery. They want to show your face and get you on the news and use your name and face for future promotions. You still have enough money to go and hide.

Since it's too much money for me to spend in my lifetime, I'd pay off my families houses. College and business funds for the nieces and nephews. Live the rest of my life out of a suitcase.

bahodeme

Closed Account
I do believe you have to go public. It's part of the marketing for the lottery. They want to show your face and get you on the news and use your name and face for future promotions. You still have enough money to go and hide.

Since it's too much money for me to spend in my lifetime, I'd pay off my families houses. College and business funds for the nieces and nephews. Live the rest of my life out of a suitcase.
It does depend on the state-
CAN I REMAIN ANONYMOUS WHEN I HIT THE JACKPOT?
All but five states (DE, KS, MD, ND, OH) have laws that require the lottery to release the name and city of residence to anyone who asks. Other states may offer to assist you in some way, including such things as the creation of trusts. But generally, you will want to hire an attorney to review the laws in your state to see what options You Might have. Photos and press conferences are up to you for most, but not all states. Check with your state lottery to see if photos or more are required. Most of the time, it is advisable to get it over with the press so that you don't have one or more reporters following you around to get that "exclusive" interview. Even if the you can keep your identity secret from the press and the public, you will have to be known to the lottery - so they can confirm that you are eligible to play and win.
http://www.powerball.com/pb_contact.asp
Some states do not require photos, just your name & the city/town you live (or lived). There are some that require all.