• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What music did your parent(s) listen to? Just a curio

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Dad: Country

Mom: soft rock and country

Somehow this has done enough damage to me since my taste is more towards goth and metal.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Dad: Country

Mom: soft rock and country

Somehow this has done enough damage to me since my taste is more towards goth and metal.

My parents listened to a lot of soul and funk : Earth, Wind & Fire, Commodores, Temptations, [NOBABE]Sam Cooke[/NOBABE], Stevie Wonder.

But I remember a lot of Parliament Funkadelic though so much that i got in trouble because the first song I sung was "Get Off Your Ass and Jam"

Lawrence Welk, Nat King Cole, Rosemary Clooney, and a nightmarish polka group, the mom and dads, and thank you for bringing back some painful memories.
Thank the Gods I had the Beatles and Zeppelin.

Let's see... My mom listened to a lot of Hispanic troubadours, like Joan Manuel Serrat, Jose Luis Rodriguez, and Victor Iturbide. She listened to a few other things, but that was mostly what I remember.

My dad listened to a lot of classical music, soft rock, and some big band. Mantovani, Bert Kaempfert, Neil Diamond, Frank Sinatra, and Elton John were pretty standard for him. He used to stand in the living room when he thought no one was watching and pretend to direct an orchestra while he listened to his music. Then, when he sensed someone else had walked in the room, he would get startled and pretend like he was in the middle of doing something else. :1orglaugh

Oh, they both listened to The Beatles and Abba. Oh, dawg, how I used to hate those groups!

Mother: 70s/80s pop music (Abba, David Bowie, Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, Elton John etc).
Father: Frank Sinatra and other "Rat pack" members are basically all I ever heard him listen to.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
My dad mostly listened to country (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings), and first generation rock n´ roll (Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley, Eddie Cochran). My mom wasn´t really interested in music when she was young.

My dad is a big fan of the Doors and the Pink Floyd, Paolo Conte and Ray Charles

My mum was more into Leonard Cohen, Joan Bez and Janis Joplin

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
My Dad was a fan of The Stones and The Who,and my mother liked all the crooners like Humperdinck,Russos & Orbison etc.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Motown

:sing:
"I'll be working my way back to you babe, with a burning love insiiiiide!"

bahodeme

Closed Account
Mainly Motown with Stax & Atlantic Records thrown in, with a sprinkling of Jazz and Gospel.

Prod3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
Dad: The Who, The Moody Blues, Dire Straits, Deep Purple, The Beatles

Mum: Barclay James Harvest, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin & anything classical (Mozart, Beethoven etc)

All I know about my dad is that he was an American hating commie. And for some reason he just loved Jose Feliciano..... :dunno: